Unflavoured Dairy Whitener to Possess 50% Market Share for Dairy Whiteners: Fact.MR Study
Published : 27 Oct 2021 Industry: Food & Beverage
Fact.MR states the global sales of dairy whiteners to surpass US$ 18 Bn by registering a positive CAGR of 6% in the forecast period ranging from 2021 to 2031. Longer shelf life of dairy whiteners and its usability factor is spurring the demand for dairy whiteners. In addition, increasing protein value is influencing the market for dairy whiteners positively.
Historically, from 2016 to 2020, the sales of dairy whiteners surpassed experienced an incline of 3%. The onset of COVID-19 disrupted supply and distribution for various industries. But due to the nutritional value of dairy whiteners, the sales of the same are expected to upsurge in the forecast period.
In addition, increasing tea and coffee consumption in North America and Asia Pacific is likely to reverse the market’s development process and push the demand for dairy whiteners. Thus, due to the above mentioned factors the market for dairy whiteners will witness boost in sales. By 2021-end, sales of dairy whiteners will likely reach US$ 10 Bn.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- By product type, unflavoured dairy whiteners is expected to hold over 50% market share
- Dairy whitener sachets to account for 42.5% value share from 2021-2031
- Sales via modern grocery retail channels to yield a value of US$ 446.3 Mn by 2031
- North America to account for 2/5th of global dairy whiteners demand through 2031
- Dairy whitener industry expected to possess more than 55% market share throughout Asia
“As demand for instant foods & beverages increase, consumers are exhibiting higher inclination towards consuming milk-based beverages which are easily prepared, accelerating demand for dairy whiteners” opines a Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent manufacturers of dairy whiteners are aiming at broad basing their outreach across promising geographies, deploying such expansion strategies as introducing new products, forging strategic collaborations with existing players, and acquiring small-scale manufacturers. Some significant market developments are given below:
- In June 2018, Arla Foods announced a plan to invest over € 500 million, focusing its investments in four key areas: dairy products, healthy and natural foods, whey and sustainable food production. As of that year, over 66% of its spending focused on increasing its presence across Europe
- In October 2021, Fonterra Co-operative announced that its outreach in the U.K for dairy products will augment further, as the country has agreed to removing tariffs on all dairy products over the next 5 years, with a view to offset barriers encountered during the COVID-19 pandemic
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global dairy whitener market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031.
The study indulges essential insights on the market on the basis of product type (flavoured and unflavoured), packaging (carton pack, sachet, plastic, jigger pots and stick packaging) and sales channel (modern grocery, traditional grocery, non-grocery retail, and other channels) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Food & Beverages
Our food and beverages consulting team guides organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how the latest influencers account for operational and strategic transformation in the food & beverages sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends impacting the global food and beverages industry provides indispensable insights and support – encasing a strategic perspective that helps you identify critical issues and devise appropriate solutions.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Nandini Roy Choudhury
Sr. Consultant – Food and Beverages