Durian Market Outlook
Durian is known as the King of fruits and is the most highly prized fruit in Southeast Asia. It is a large edible fruit which is majorly cultivated in Indonesia, The Philippines, Malaysia, and southern Thailand. These countries also do export to other countries. The fruit has a mild sweet flavor but also have a pungent odor. The pulp which resembles in texture as a custard-like pulp, is eaten at various stages of ripening and used in a variety of sweet and savory dishes. The seeds of the fruit are also eaten when roasted in form of snacks. Due to its exquisite taste and flavor, it is highly favored in Asian countries, but due to its distinctive odor, it is less popular in Western countries for making cuisines. Durian flesh is popular for further processing in the food industry to make ice-creams, jams, desserts, and cakes. Durian can be canned and dried and can be stored with longer shelf life thereby retaining its taste and flavor.
World Share of Top Fresh Durian Import Countries (Tons), 2017
Reasons for Covering this Title
Durian is popular among both the local markets where it is grown and on the thriving international market. Like other various tropical fruits, durian is rich in energy, vitamins, and minerals. It also provides phytonutrients, water, proteins as some of the beneficial nutrients. Being a good source of fibers and vitamin C, which makes it an overall enriching nutrient fruit for consumption by humans. It impacts in a positive way towards healthy digestion, aging, insomnia, blood pressure, cardiovascular health, bone health & Anemia. Owing to its positive impact on humans, it is likely to be consumed globally over the forecasted period in various dishes.
Global Durian: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Product Type, the Global Durian market has been segmented as –
On the basis of Processing Technology, the Global Durian market has been segmented as –
Puree On the basis of the End Use, the Global Durian market has been segmented as –
- Desserts & Ice-creams
- Soft Drinks
- Powder Premixes
World Fresh Durian Trade Analysis (Tons), 2013-2017
Global Durian Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the Global Durian market are Thaiaochi, Tempora Food Industry Sdn Bhd, Sunshine International Co., Ltd., D International Co., Ltd., NAFOODS GROUP JSC, Xi'an Asclepius Bio-Tech Co.,Ltd, Lavifood, IngredienTrade, Dulai Fruits Enterprise, Top Fruits Sdn Bhd, Bao Sheng Durian Farm among others.
Promotional activities carried out by manufacturers and quality certifications provided and practiced by the manufacturers are the key opportunities carried out to create awareness and reach to customers globally.
Durian Market: Market Player Activities
- Nafoods Group JSC, the Vietnam-based Company, is focused on promoting its products at various global events. For instance, in 2018, the company participated in Seoul Food Exhibition 2018. It is fourth largest food industry exhibition held in Asia every year. It brings together exhibitors, visitors, and wide countries from around the world in order to exchange information & new technologies, share new product range and increase social networking.
Opportunities for Market Participants
The Durian market is anticipated to be positively influenced by evolving consumer taste preferences majorly in Asian countries towards consuming healthy food products. Thus, the market players need to advertise and promote the products of Durian & highlighting its health benefits and thus, creating a market for Durian globally. Also, wide dishes made of durian can be promoted through television shows and travel TV series.
Durian Market: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our Durian Market report include:
- An overview of the Durian market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Durian market and its potential
- Durian Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Durian market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Durian market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Durian market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this Durian market
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development