Global Digital Patient Engagement Market: Overview
Digital technologies are the major contributors in the transformation of the healthcare industry. The patient engagement landscape is positively shifting towards the digital platforms that offer improved outcomes and better communication between the healthcare providers and patients. The digital patient engagement creates a potential to transform healthcare by providing an unprecedented amount of information, which helps in improving patient outcomes. Also, the digital patient engagement solutions enable patients to update their information regarding the illness on the digital engagement platform. There is an increase in usage of digital engagement tools; the adoption is mainly by hospital-based patients and doctors. Many hospitals are also investing in digital engagement tools in collaboration with various value-based care programs, which helps them to engage patients in managing their health outcomes. Digital patient engagement is a mode of communication between providers and patients that allows to expand interaction and access to information needed to empower patients. This digital patient engagement helps providers to access patient's healthcare information through various communication technologies such as portals, apps, text, and others. The digital patient engagement enables patients to get access to personal health records online via patient portals. Through the communication technology, the patient becomes more comfortable, and it helps providers in improving patient engagement. The adoption of digital patient engagement tools helps in reducing healthcare costs and improving care quality and outcomes. Many healthcare organizations are adopting online appointment scheduling system, remote monitoring of patients, secure messaging tools, etc., which help in secure communication with the patients.
Global Digital Patient Engagement Market: Dynamics
The factors driving the growth of the market for digital patient engagement are increasing demand for digital interaction, improved patient care outcomes, increasing awareness of mobile health, and the emergence of digital health technologies.
The factors restraining the growth of digital patient engagement are security and privacy issues, integration of digital engagement tools into existing care management system and low end-user adoption. Also, the barriers to widespread digital engagement tool adoption during hospitalization can be one of the factors that can hamper the growth of the digital patient engagement market.
The rise in usage of secure communication platforms such as mobile apps, patient portals and video conferencing in healthcare organizations is latest trend in the digital patient engagement market.
Global Digital Patient Engagement Market: Segmentation
The digital patient engagement market can be segmented on the basis of component, mode of communication, and region.
By Component, the digital patient engagement market is segmented as:
By Mode of Communication, the digital patient engagement market is segmented as:
- Patient Portals
- Mobile Apps
- Video Chat
- Social Media
- Text Messaging
Global Digital Patient Engagement Market: Competition Landscape
Examples of some of the key players in the global digital patient engagement market include Google Inc., Microsoft Corporation, IBM Corporation, Accenture, DatStat, Relatient, Lumeon Inc., Clarify Health, Conversa Health, mPulse, Vivify Health, etc.
In April 2018, SCI Solutions (SCI), a patient access and care coordination software company, acquired DataStat, a provider of patient engagement and digital health tools. Through this acquisition, SCI solutions has extended its electronic health record application by integrating it with DataStat's patient engagement platform, which will enable effective communication between patient and healthcare providers.
Global Digital Patient Engagement Market: Regional Outlook
North America is expected to dominate the digital patient engagement market followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific. The market in North America is expected to witness high growth due to the presence of prominent players in the U.S. The demand for digital patient engagement in Europe is increasing and is expected to contribute to the market growth. A primary growth factor is the introduction of advanced digital patient engagement tools by the players operating in the market. Latin America and MEA are projected to contribute significant share in the global market over the forecast period.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Digital Patient Engagement Market Segments
- Global Digital Patient Engagement Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Global Digital Patient Engagement Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for Digital Patient Engagement Market
- Global Digital Patient Engagement Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Digital Patient Engagement Market
- Digital Patient Engagement Technology
- Value Chain of Digital Patient Engagement
- Global Digital Patient Engagement Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis of Global Digital Patient Engagement Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of LatAm
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development