Lysine Market Share & Trends Analysis, By Type (Natural, Synthetic), By Application (Food and Beverage Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Cosmetic Industry, Animal Feed) & By Region Forecast - Global Review 2017 to 2027
Analysis of Lysine market covering 30 + countries including analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Lysine Market Introduction:
Lysine is one of the nine essential amino acid, an essential amino acid implies that it is not made by the human body or is made in a significantly low quantity. Lysine is often used to fortify food and in cases of high corn or other Lysine deficient diets Lysine is often recommended. Corn based breakfast cereals are often fortified with this amino acid. It is important for growth and tissue repair. It is a precursor of serotonin and is often used as an antidepressant and helps aiding sleep. Some of the sources of Lysine are dairy products, eggs, red meat and fish. Lysine is used against herpes simplex viruses and is used in many forms of diet supplements. Apart from use in therapeutic cases,
Lysine is also used in cosmetics due to its properties as moisturizing and conditioning agents, it is often marketed as stress reliving due to its serotonin precursors. These properties are viewed by consumers as import while making a purchase decision. The recent growth in demand for premium cosmetics have further boosted the use of raw ingredients such as niacin, Lysine and isoleucine in beauty products.
Lysine Market Regional Outlook:
Based on the region, the global Lysine market is segmented into seven regions globally such as Europe, Latin America, CIS & Russia, North America, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. Lysine is used globally as an active ingredient in supplements, these supplements are highly consumed in regions of North America, and Asia Pacific.
Lysine Market Drivers and Trends:
A health conscious trend is flourishing in the developed countries. Consumer sentiments regarding the health benefits of various ingredients added to the food products including Lysine and an overall increase in number of health conscious consumers is expected to drive the Lysine market during the forecast period. Consumers are now more focused on their health and this has given rise to a healthy eating trend in the U.S. Catering to these demand, manufacturers of functional food have also incorporated use of tryptophan. The trends for nutrient rich food has grown in the recent past and food products such as cereals have been fortified with the same. These nutrient rich food products have generated high demand from consumers.
Increasing agricultural productivity has been a goal of governments to reduce hunger and malnutrition over the years. In more recent years, China and India doubled agricultural production by the incorporation of biotechnology and these trends are being slowly being incorporated in the regions of Africa and Middle East. A wide use of all macro and micro nutrients to yield better crop have shown effective results and are now in high demand. Bio fortification as a goal to improve human health in countries with need of nutrients has been the focus of the World Health Organization. With this focus bio fortification of crops with amino acids in region where the sources of these nutrients are low. Most of the countries in the region of Africa import major food crops which are fortified with these amino acids particularly corn crop. These amino acids as an important value addition to the high demanding consumers also.
Lysine Market Key Players:
Some of the global market players participating in Lysine market include;
- Evonik Industries
- Amino GmbH
- Avantor Performance Materials, LLC
- CJ CheilJedang Corp
- AJINOMOTO Co., Inc.
- Meihua Group
- Parchem fine & specialty chemicals
- Elixir Group
- Swanson Health Products
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Regional analysis for Lysine Market includes
- North America Lysine Market
- Latin America Lysine Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Europe Lysine Market
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia Lysine Market
- Japan Lysine Market
- APEJ Lysine Market
- Greater China
- S. Korea
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa Lysine Market
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The Lysine report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and regions.
Brief Approach to Research
Our analysis will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this Lysine report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Lysine including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Lysine and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends in the Lysine market
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Lysine market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study of the Lysine market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants in the Lysine market
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants in Lysine
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players of Lysine
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
Lysine Market Segmentation:
Lysine is available in prepared by synthetic process as well as natural and is thus segmented on the basis of type as natural and synthetic.
Lysine is widely used in the supplement industry and manufacturers are launching products with Lysine as an active ingredient. Apart from its application as an ingredient in gym supplements, it is now being added to function food and beverages.
Based on its application, Lysine market is segmented as, Food and Beverage Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Cosmetic Industry, Animal Feed and others. The food and beverages is further sub segmented as Bakery Products; Dairy Industry, Breakfast Cereals, Breads, Fried Foods, Beverages, Others.
- FAQs -
Consumer sentiments regarding the health benefits of Lysine are expected to drive the market.
Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period.
The key players of the Lysine market are Evonik Industries, Amino GmbH, Avantor Performance Materials, LLC, Yamei, Aspartame, and others.