Peripheral arteries are blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to the arms, legs and other organs apart from the brain and heart. Peripheral artery disease is the most common form of peripheral vessels disease. Peripheral artery revascularisation is required when blood is not supplied efficiently to peripheral organs. Peripheral arteries often get blocked due to plaque formation (formed of extra cholesterol, calcium and other materials) or narrowing of the peripheral arteries. Peripheral artery revascularisation is one of the effective ways to restore blood flow to peripheral organs. Changing lifestyle, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and smoking leads to plaque clog buildup in the peripheral arteries, which adversely affects blood flow to distant organs. Claudication, critical limb ischemia and acute limb ischemia are three major conditions that can be treated with peripheral artery revascularisation. Peripheral artery revascularisation is more common in case of critical limb ischemia and acute limb ischemia.
Peripheral Artery Revascularisation Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing worldwide prevalence of peripheral artery disease can be attributed to the significant growth of the peripheral artery revascularisation market. More than 10% of Americans aged over 65 years have peripheral artery disease, which is contributing to the growth of the market. The prevalence of peripheral artery disease is also increasing due to an increase in the prevalence of risk factors such as diabetes, obesity, hypertension and use of tobacco, which is also driving the peripheral artery revascularisation market. Increasing obesity and tobacco use are the most high-impact rendering factors driving the peripheral artery revascularisation market. The world’s aging population is slated to increase in the coming years, which is expected to boost the number of peripheral artery disease cases, and this is also contributing to the growth of the market. More than 200 million people worldwide have peripheral artery disease owing to which they require peripheral artery revascularisation. The peripheral artery revascularisation market is also expected to grow due to an increase in the number of procedures available in developing countries. However, the high cost of this procedure appears to be only restraint of the market.
Peripheral Artery Revascularisation Market: Segmentation
The global peripheral artery revascularisation market can be segmented on the basis of product type, procedure type, indication type, end use and geography.
Based on the product type, the global peripheral artery revascularisation market is segmented as:
- Percutaneous trans-luminal angioplasty (PTA) balloons
- PTA drug-eluting balloons
Based on procedure type, the global peripheral artery revascularisation market is segmented as:
- Vascular bypass
Based on indication type, the global peripheral artery revascularisation market is segmented as:
- Lower Extremity Revascularisation
- Renal Arterial Revascularisation
- Mesenteric Arterial Revascularisation
- Abdominal Aortic Revascularisation
Based on end users, the global peripheral artery revascularisation market is segmented as:
- Ambulatory surgical centres
- Specialized clinics
Peripheral Artery Revascularisation Market: Overview
The global peripheral artery revascularisation market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period owing to an increase in the prevalence of peripheral artery diseases. Increasing global geriatric population is expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the market. The worldwide prevalence of peripheral artery disease is around 200 million, which is driving the peripheral artery revascularisation market. The availability of new instruments such as stents is expected to drive the product type segment of the market. By indication type, lower extremity revascularisation is the most dominating segment of peripheral artery revascularisation market due to its high prevalence. By end user type, the hospitals segment is dominating the market due to the highest acceptance and convenience offered by hospitals. The peripheral artery revascularisation market is witnessing innovative techniques of vascularisation along with mergers and acquisitions.
Peripheral Artery Revascularisation Market: Regional Outlook
Approximately, more than 10% people with peripheral artery disease live in the U.S. Nearly 70% of the total population affected with peripheral artery disease lives in low- to middle-income regions, hence the Asia-Pacific and Middle East peripheral artery revascularisation market is expected to grow significantly. Regions, such as North America and Europe, are witnessing steady growth in the prevalence of peripheral artery diseases in term are also contributing to the growth of the market.
Peripheral artery Revascularisation Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the peripheral artery revascularisation market are Boston Scientific Corporation; Abbott Laboratories; AngioDynamics, Inc.; Cook Medical; Cardinal Health, Inc.; C. R. Bard, Inc.; The Spectranetics Corporation; Medtronic plc and Terumo Corporation.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development