Fiber Optic Amplifier Market: Introduction
The first erbium-doped fiber amplifier was invented in the late 20th century, owing to continuous innovations in the telecommunication industry. Fiber optics, owing to the associated advantages, have witnessed significant traction since inception, especially in developed countries. With the increasing adoption of fiber optics, there has also been a corresponding increase in the adoption of fiber optic components such as fiber optic amplifiers, fiber optic cables, optical transmitters and optical receivers.
Fiber optic amplifiers are fiber optic component devices installed to amplify the optical signals transmitted via fiber optical cables. The application of fiber optic amplifiers eliminates the complexities associated with the conversion of optic signals into electrical signals during the amplification of signals as well. The installation of fiber optic amplifiers is majorly witnessed in large networks at regular intervals with an intention of dodging the weakening of optical signals.
The fiber optic amplifier market has witnessed significant traction over the past four years. In addition to this, the market for fiber optic amplifiers is further expected to exhibit a significantly high growth rate during the forecast years, owing to the infrastructural development initiatives witnessed across the globe, especially in developing countries such as China, India, Brazil and Mexico.
Fiber Optic Amplifier Market: Dynamics
Increasing penetration of the internet in conjunction with the increasing demand for faster internet/data speed is expected to be a primary driving factor for the fiber optic amplifier market, especially in developing countries. In addition to this, initiatives taken by governments towards enhancing network connectivity possess high demand for the implementation of fiber optic communication systems. This, as a result, is expected to impel the adoption of fiber optic amplifiers. Infrastructural development witnessed across developing countries such as India and China is also expected to be a major driver for the global fiber optic amplifiers market.
However, issues such as the high cost associated with fiber optic amplifiers and lack of infrastructural development across some countries for the implementation of fiber optic communication systems are some of the factors hampering the growth of the fiber optic amplifiers market in terms of value.
Fiber Optic Amplifier Market: Segmentation
The global fiber optic amplifier market can be segmented on the basis of channel type, technology type and end-user.
On the basis of channel type, the fiber optic amplifier market has been segmented as,
- Single Channel
On the basis of technology type, the fiber optic amplifier market has been segmented as,
- Raman amplification
The EDFA segment is expected to hold a majority of the market share in 2017, owing to the high efficiency associated with EDFA when compared with other technology types.
On the basis of end-user, the fiber optic amplifier market has been segmented into,
- Defense and Security
In terms of value, the telecommunication industry is expected to dominate the fiber optic amplifier market throughout the forecast period.
Fiber Optic Amplifier Market: Market Participants
Some of the key players in the fiber optic amplifier market include Banner Engineering India, Omron Corporation, Keyence Corporation, Datalogic S.p.A., Trebor International, Extron Electronics, Menlo Systems, Emcore Corporation, Gooch and Housego and various others.
Fiber Optic Amplifier Market: Regional Overview
By geography, the fiber optic amplifier market has been segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, China, Japan, SEA and others in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Among these regions, the North America fiber optic amplifier market is expected to dominate the global fiber optic amplifier market during the forecast period, owing to the high infrastructural development in the region, which is enabling the adoption of fiber optic amplifiers in the region. The Asia Pacific (including Japan and China) fiber optic amplifier market and Europe fiber optic amplifier market are expected to follow North America in the global fiber optic amplifier market in terms of value. The China fiber optic amplifier market is, however, expected to exhibit the highest growth rate in the global fiber optic amplifier market during the forecast period, owing to the increasing implementation of advanced telecommunication technologies and continuous economic growth in the country. Besides this, Latin America and MEA fiber optic amplifier markets are also expected to witness considerable growth rates during the forecast period.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Global fiber optic amplifier market segments
- Global fiber optic amplifier market dynamics
- Historical actual market size, 2012 – 2016
- Global fiber optic amplifier market size & forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & demand value chain for the fiber optic amplifier market
- Global fiber optic amplifier market current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & companies involved in the fiber optic amplifier market
- Fiber optic amplifier technology
- Value chain of fiber optic amplifier
- Global fiber optic amplifier market drivers and restraints
Regional analysis for the global fiber optic amplifier market includes,
- North America Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- Latin America Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- SEA and other Asia Pacific Countries Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- Rest of SEA and other Asia Pacific countries
- Japan Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- China Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- Middle East and Africa Fiber Optic Amplifier Market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions