Release Papers Market: An Overview
Release papers are coated with release-agents, serving wide applications such as safeguarding adhesive surfaces for tapes, labels, and other adhesive products. For each adhesive product, a release agent namely silicon is coated on the respective side of the base paper. This release papers are pre-coated, and with it is a barrier layer to avoid the soaking-in of release agent into the base paper. Release papers help in maintaining freshness/stickiness of adhesive products with strong release properties. Release papers form a major component that empowers the demand in tapes, labels, and other sealant products, which are closely attached with one’s daily routine—from medicinal bandages to postal stamp & services. The market for release papers has direct association with pressure sensitive labels, tapes and other sealant products markets. Manufacturers of release papers readily provide products in both single as well as double sided product format, however, the single side coated (S1S) release paper has emerged as the most popular one. Moreover, release papers are water-resistant and anti-microbial and hence have varied applications in the key end-use industries. The market for release papers is largely dominated by unorganized small- and medium-size market players with production sites concentrated in Asia Pacific owing to in convenience in availability of paper and coating raw material products.
Release Papers Market: Dynamics
The rising consumption of consumer products from industries such as food & beverages, consumer electronics, automotive & allied products, and other consumer goods has further increased the usage/application of labels, tapes, and other sealant products. Especially, the emerging economies such as India, Brazil, Nigeria, and South Africa have witnessed a blistering growth in the release papers market. Better economic prospects coupled with improving lifestyle in these economies have increased the customer spending on discretionary goods.
These above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the growth of the global release papers market over the forecast period.
Global Release Papers Market: Segmentation
The global release papers market can be segmented on the basis of release agents, product type, application and end use industry.
On the basis of release agent used, the global release papers market has been segmented as:
- Silicone release agent
- Little-silicone release agent
On the basis of product type, the global release papers market has been segmented as:
- One-sided (S1S) release papers
- Both-side / Two-sided (S2S) release papers
On the basis of applications, the global release papers market has been segmented as:
- Release papers for Tapes & Labels
- Release papers for Sealant Products
- Release papers for Envelopes & Mailing bags
- Release papers for Rubber Products
- Others applications
On the basis of end-use industry, the global release papers market has been segmented as:
- Automotive & Electronics
- Food & Beverages
- Building & Construction
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Release Papers Market: Regional Outlook
North America is expected to be the dominant regional market for release papers over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the high consumption of automotive as well as electronics products in the U.S., which accounts for a significant share in the global market. Likewise, the countries in Europe such as Germany, Italy, France and Spain are projected to add considerably in terms of revenue to the Europe release papers market. However, the countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China and the ASEAN countries are expected to witness blistering growth in the global release papers market. However, the growth of the release papers market is expected to be rather sluggish in the Middle East & African countries over the coming decade, with GCC countries expected to make a large contribution to the regional market.
Global Release Papers Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global release papers market are:
- Lintec Corporation
- Rayven, Inc.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj
- Fox River Associates, LLC,
- KRPA Holding CZ, a.s.
- The Griff Network
- Infinity Tapes, LLC
- Fujico Co. Ltd.
- Changtian Plastic & Chemical Limited
- Cotek Papers Ltd.
- Loparex LLC
- Savvy Packaging Pvt. Ltd.
- Spoton Coatings Pvt. Ltd.
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development