Aircraft Catering Vehicle Market: Introduction
An aircraft catering vehicle is a type of ground support vehicle which is used to deliver in-flight catering services at airports. Aircraft catering vehicles come with body insulation and are equipped with systems that facilitate refrigeration or heating, as per the requirements. Generally, in aircraft catering vehicles, lifting and lowering of the van body is done using the hydraulic scissor mechanism, which ensures that the aircraft catering vehicle can cater to every type of airplane, be it small or large body aircrafts. Large international airlines, sometimes, do more than a thousand takeoffs and landings every day and catering services enhance passengers’ comfort. Strict hygiene and safety demanded by the aviation industry is increasing the demand for aircraft catering vehicles for the efficient transportation of catering equipment and food supplies to and from the aircraft. This particular factor, in turn, is expected to drive the aircraft catering vehicle market’s growth across the globe during the forecast period.
Aircraft Catering Vehicle Market: Dynamics
The aviation industry has always been under the scanner of regulating authorities and is required to adhere to various guidelines issued by them. Several regulations existing with regards to aircraft ground support equipment are the key factors driving the growth of the aircraft catering vehicle market. Growth in air passenger traffic across the globe is also one of the major factors propelling the demand for aircraft catering vehicles, which in turn, is expected to contribute to the global aircraft catering vehicle market in the coming years.
However, one of the challenges restraining the growth of aircraft catering vehicles is the lack of trained professionals to operate specific aircraft ground support equipment. This can indirectly result into safety hazards as well as low production output.
The ongoing developments in the aviation industry and upcoming projects for new as well as existing airports are expected to create significant opportunities for the growth of the aircraft catering vehicle manufacturers in the coming years.
The ongoing trend gaining momentum in the aircraft catering vehicle market is shifting preference of airline companies and airport authorities towards renting of ground support equipment to minimize their maintenance and inventory costs.
Aircraft Catering Vehicle Market Segmentation
The global aircraft catering vehicle market can be segmented by platform height and payload capacity.
On the basis of platform height, the global aircraft catering vehicles market can be segmented into:
- Less than 4 m
- 4 to 6 m
- More than 6 m
On the basis of payload capacity, the global aircraft catering vehicle market can be segmented into:
- Low capacity (Less than 2000 kg)
- Medium capacity (2000 kg to 4000 kg)
- High capacity (More than 4000 Kg)
Aircraft Catering Vehicle Market: Regional Outlook
Owing to increasing number of airports and modernization of the existing ones, the global market for aircraft catering vehicles is expected to witness significant growth in the coming years. The demand for aircraft catering vehicles in North America is expected to be lucrative due to the presence of a large number of airports in the region. More than 2000 airports are operating in the U.S. itself. Growing air passenger traffic in Mexico, Argentina and other countries of Latin America is expected to fuel the demand for aircraft catering vehicles in the region during the coming years. Large airports with strict safety norms governing hygiene in countries, such as Germany, U.K. and France, are anticipated to fuel the demand for aircraft catering vehicles in Europe. The Asia Pacific region is also expected to witness robust growth in the aviation industry owing to increasing tourism and trade as well as several government initiatives supporting manufacturing the region. This, in turn, is estimated to significantly contribute to the aircraft catering vehicle market in the coming years.
Aircraft Catering Vehicle Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the market participants operating across the value chain of the global aircraft catering vehicle market are:
- Cartoo GSE
- Mallaghan GSE
- Smith Transportation Equipment
- Global Ground Support, LLC
- Shenzhen Techking Industry Co. Ltd
- Jiangsu tianyi Airport special equipment Co., Ltd
- EAGLE INDUSTRIES DWC-LLC.
- Doll Fahrzeugbau Gmbh
- Nandan GSE Pvt. Ltd.
- Miles Makina Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development