Belt Scales Market
Belt Scales Market Forecast, Trend Analysis & Competition Tracking - Global Market Insights 2018 to 2027
Analysis of Belt Scales market covering 30 + countries including analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Global Belt Scales Market: Key Insights
- A gradual surge in the industrial and manufacturing production, coupled with the growing demand for food upheld the growth of the belt scales market during the 2013-2018 period with the market registering a steady growth at 2.6%.
- In 2018, the belt scales market was valued at over US$ 930 million and is likely to witness consistent growth at 3.3% CAGR during 2019-2027.
- Europe will continue to be the largest market for belt scales market throughout the forecast period
- South Asia and Oceania are expected to emerge as the fastest growing market for belt scales with mounting demand for conveyor belt scale systems in the booming industries and mining sectors of developing economies in the region.
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
What is Driving the Belt Scales Market?
- Low operating costs, precision weighing mechanism, increased throughput, and high efficiency are making conveyor belt scales increasingly popular in the mining industry. Numerous companies are replacing conventional weighing mechanisms with conveyor belt scales to gain a competitive edge in the mining industry.
- Innovative integrations being made to the conventional belt scale systems are providing additional value for industry-specific usage, a pervasive trend driving widespread adoption of belt scales in industries that are seeking cost-effective, precise, and efficient weighing solutions to boost throughput.
- Rapid industrial growth and demand for bulk material handling and weighing is creating a demand for assembly line setup to boost throughput and reduce overhead costs, a trend which is likely to cause a surge in the demand for conveyor belt scale systems across industries.
- Advancements in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is allowing end-use industries to optimize belt scale performance, reduce downtime, increase throughput, collect data, and automate industrial processes through continuous remote monitoring. The greater control over operations is, in turn, encouraging the adoption of belt scale systems in an assortment of industrial sectors.
- Development of portable cleaning solutions for conveyor belt scale systems is likely to drive the demand in the food and beverages industries with stringent government regulations prompting companies to focus on the quality of the production environment.
What are the Challenges Stakeholders in the Belt Scales Market need to Address?
- High costs of belt scale systems, coupled with significant initial investments incurred for installation of the equipment in the facility is expected to dampen belt scales market growth during the forecast period. Although manufacturers are working towards streamlining manufacturing processes to reduce costs, the development and its eventual reflection on the belt scale pricing is likely to take substantial time.
- The swiftly changing technological landscape is prompting companies to continuously upgrade the existing systems to maintain a competitive edge in the market. However, in case of belt scale systems, upgrading requires replacing the old belt scale systems with new ones while bearing huge costs. The factor is estimated to deter belt scale market growth in the foreseeable future.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Belt Scale Market – Competitive Landscape
- To capitalize on the growing demand for conveyor belt scales in the mining industry, Sensortechnik, a leading player operating in the belt scales market launched the new H-Sensortechnik optical scale in 2018. The belt scale system leverages laser technology to calculate the volume of the material on the conveyor systems.
- In order to enhance the speed of production and accuracy of measurement, a group of researchers developed a digital algorithm to filter out noise created by conveyor vibrations and products in motion. The study conducted concluded the digital algorithm could effectively measure the weight of items of different lengths which are transported on the conveyor in a random order.
- In 2018, a conveyor belt scale system was designed specifically to measure the weight and flow rate of electronic components for instances where electromagnetic interferences could impact the readings. The novel belt scale system leverages fiber Bragg grating to accurately measure the weight of electronic components.
Leading players operating in the belt scale market include Covey Weigh LLC, Thayer Scales Inc., Tecnetics Industries, Inc., Saimo Technology Pty Ltd, and Yamato Weighing & Information Technology.
Other players operating in the belt scales market include Siemens AG, Rice Lake Weighing System, FLSmidth & Co A/S, Merrick Industries, and Schenck Process.
Burgeoning Demand for Conveyor Belt Scale Systems in Mining Industry to Uphold Growth
While belt scale systems find applications in an array of end-use industries such as food & beverages, cement, steel, energy & power, and logistics, demand for conveyor belt scale systems is surging in the mining industry. Mining industry relies heavily on weighing of material which is a key aspect for evaluating profitability.
The conventional weighing systems lack the accuracy to precisely weigh bulk material and single scale used conventionally substantially reduces throughput and production.
Conveyor belt scale systems using perceptive electronic components for measuring weights are providing mining companies with an efficient alternative to the conventional weighing systems. Additionally, the system does not require constant loading and unloading of materials for weighing which enables companies to save both time and costs.
In addition to this, belt scale systems are available in single idler and multi idler models and companies can also choose between light, moderate, and heavy models depending on the amount of weight to be measured.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
An elaborate and robust method was employed to extract invaluable information about the belt scales market. A two-step research process involving primary and secondary researches was used to obtain actionable insights into the belt scales market.
Interviewing experts from the belt scales market formed the basis of the primary research while secondary research was conducted by thoroughly studying belt scales market trade journals, paid sources, and other publications related to the belt scales market.
Results from both steps of the research were cross-referenced with each other to produce an authentic and accurate forecast of the belt scales market.
Key Segments of Belt Scales Market
- Single Idler
- Multi Idler
- Light (Less than 1500 t/h)
- Moderate (1500 - 5000 t/h)
- Heavy (More than 5000 t/h)
- Food & Beverages
- Energy & Power
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
Some of the key players in global market are Covey Weigh LLC, Thayer Scales Inc., Tecnetics Industries, Inc., Saimo Technology Pty Ltd and many more.
The Belt Scales Market to record a Growth of over 3.3% During the Foreseen Period.