Notable Developments in Enzyme Stabilizer Market
- AIMMS (Amsterdam Institute for Molecules, Medicines, and Systems) researchers have developed a new way of stabilizing enzymes to enhance their tolerance towards chemical and thermal stress. The researchers enforced enzyme integrity with tiny molecular clamps, which were linked to the enzyme’s surface. These clamps helped protect the enzyme from disintegration under environmental stress, such as elevated temperatures. The technology can help improve enzyme robustness for specific applications.
- Galafold® (migalastat) by Amicus Therapeutics, a global biotechnology company, received the 2018 UK Prix Galien Medal for Innovative Product. This award is given to companies making notable advances in pharmaceutical research. Galafold® capsules 123 mg (migalastat) is a novel therapy designed for chaperone, which also gained approval in Japan to be used as a Fabry disease monotherapy in individuals with amenable mutations.
- Researchers have created a novel genetic engineering technique to significantly enhance an enzyme’s ability to breakdown biomass. Referred to as Evolution by Amplification and Synthetic Biology (EASy), the new method helped the researchers in accelerating the evolution of the desirable traits of a microorganism. Sigma Aldrich (Merck), a prominent player in the enzyme stabilizer market, has recently launched an enzyme stabilizer called BioStab enzyme stabilizer, which can protect antibodies from degradation effects. The enzyme stabilizer is effective in increasing the lifetime and coating rates of the antibodies.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM), a leading player in enzyme stabilizer market, has opened a new enzyme lab in Davis, California. The scientists at this lab will work along with ADM’s other R&D facilities across the globe to develop enzyme products to cater to a wide range of markets. Also, ADM and Qingdao Vland Biotech Group Co., Ltd., have collaborated to create and commercialize feed enzymes to enhance animal nutrition and health.
- BASF Animal Nutrition has unveiled its Lucantin® NXT product line in the EU 28 market. Its latest carotenoids are stabilized by tocopherol or propyl gallate (PG) and butylhydroxytoluene (BHT). Lucantin® NXT formulations have replaced ethoxyquin (EQ) as stabilizer. The latest formulations are showing remarkable performance with high homogeneity, long shelf life and exceptional stability.
The report on enzyme stabilizer market also provides comprehensive analysis on the key players in the enzyme stabilizer market. The report profiles some of the key players functioning in the enzyme stabilizer market, including Cargill Inc., Roche CustomBiotech, Ab Vickers, UK, Archer Daniels Midland, USA, Sorachim SA, Sigma Aldrich (Merck), Bitop, Biomol, Sun Chemical, and Bio World.
Top Players Hold 50-55% of Enzyme Stabilizer Market Revenues, Expansion of Production Capacity Remains a Key Strategy
Tier 1 companies, including Cargill Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, and Roche Diagnostics International Limited account for nearly 50-55% market share. This indicates a high consolidation of the enzyme stabilizer market at the top.
The tier 2 and tier 3 market players account for 25-30% and 15-25% market share respectively.
The prominent market players in enzyme stabilizer market are focusing on maintaining their hegemony. Expansion of production capacities and vertical integration for business development are among the key strategies of Tier 1 players.
Growing Emphasis on Biodiesel Production Creating Opportunities
Nonrenewable and fossil-based fuels are depleting at a fast pace. The environmental repercussions of rapidly increasing levels of greenhouse gas emissions have fueled the R&D on substitute renewable energy.
Among the various available options, biodiesel is being looked at as a feasible alternative, as it can blend with conventional diesel fuel.
Biodiesel originates from various natural fats or oils, and is an outcome of the alcoholysis of triglycerides. Biodiesel is biodegradable, renewable, nontoxic, and sulfur-free, and above all, it doesn’t add to the exhaustive emissions at a high scale.
Biodiesel production and adoption will inevitably increase in the coming time, owing to its negligible environmental impact, ease of handling, and possible compatibility with the prevailing engines of motor vehicles without any need for major adjustments.
In recent times, enzymatic transesterification has gained a lot of attention for biodiesel production, owing to its ability to produce high purity product. The process also offers easy separation from the byproduct, glycerol.
Lipases represent a highly used group of enzymes for biofuel production. They play a significant role in the processing of fatty acids and glycerides for biodiesel production. Adoption of biodiesel is likely to increase the demand for enzyme stabilizer, thereby triggering the growth of enzyme stabilizer market.
Adoption in Sewage and Industrial Effluents Treatment Growing
Over the past few decades, substantial research has been conducted to investigate the fresh possibilities offered by enzymes in waste treatment.
There is a growing recognition that enzymes can be used to target particular pollutants for treatment. Recent biotechnological advances have enabled the production of cost-effective and more readily available enzymes via improved isolation and purification procedures.
The enzymatic treatment has many potential benefits over conventional treatment, including operation at high and low contaminant concentrations, wide range of pH, absence of shock loading effects and ease of process control.
Growing initiatives for clean cities in developing countries, and concerted efforts to reduce pollution levels are likely to create opportunities for enzyme stabilizer stakeholders.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Enzyme Stabilization Proving Highly Efficient for Application of Wool Finishing & Cotton Sizing
Textile processing has traditionally relied on high water consumption and use of harsh chemicals.
Owing to growing concerns pertaining to high energy and water costs, researchers are rapidly shifting from conventional chemical textile processes to eco-friendly and economically attractive bioprocesses using enzymes.
When pre-treated cotton is hot bleached enzymatically, it showcases same or even better properties than conventionally preferred alkaline scoured and bleached cotton.
The combined use of the enzymes enables omission of the alkaline scouring without hampering the quality of the final result. The enzymatic procedure requires substantially low energy, time, chemicals, and water, and thus, is highly cost-effective.
The shift towards enzymatic procedure is likely to contribute to the growth of enzyme stabilizer market over the course of the forecast period.
Wide-Ranging Applications Fuelling Growth
A wide range of industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, detergent, and biofuel, have reaped the benefits of enzyme catalysis in commercial-scale applications, whereas, other industries, like fine chemical production and natural gas conversion have recently realized its use.
The advantages of biocatalysis are usually multifaceted in industrial-scale chemical production, whereas, enzymes prove to be impressive catalysts, due to mild reaction conditions, low environmental impact, and high product selectivity.
Thus, industries are increasingly employing enzymes for easy chemical synthesis routes and enhanced chemical process economics. This growing trend is likely to drive the global sales of enzyme stabilizer in the future.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Enzyme-Activated Intracellular Delivery: A Promising Platform for Anticancer Treatment
Development of drug delivery vehicle, triggered by a stimuli is a pivotal milestone in cancer treatment. Researchers have showcased the process of delivering anti-cancer drug into human cells using bio-compatible 50-nm diameter halloysite nanotube carriers.
This novel enzyme-activated intracellular delivery of brilliant green with the help of halloysite nanotubes, which are coated with dextrin, could prove helpful in fighting cancer significantly.
This development could become the area of interest for many manufacturers, thereby, growing the demand for enzyme stabilizer, which will further drive the growth in enzyme stabilizer market.
The wide range of additives used to stabilize and immobilize enzyme are called enzyme stabilizers. Some enzyme stabilizers are polyols, sugars, solvents, amino acids and other modulators (dextran, polyelectrolytes).
Interested to Procure The Data
About The Report
The report on enzyme stabilizer market is a detailed compilation of actionable and valuable insights.
The report gives a comprehensive assessment on the enzyme stabilizer market, which incorporates research on noteworthy dynamics like key insights, growth drivers, trends, opportunities, and restraints for the enzyme stabilizer market.
The report evaluates the size of the enzyme stabilizer market in terms of volume (Tons) and value (US$ Mn).
The report offers authentic information to its readers about the enzyme stabilizer market, which would assist them in planning strategies based on the powerful insights about enzyme stabilizer market.
This further gives the clients a better idea about the current and the future potential for growth of the enzyme stabilizer market.
Based on the insights and data offered on the enzyme stabilizer market in this report, clients can make well informed decisions for their businesses in the enzyme stabilizer market.
The report offers a comprehensive analysis and forecast on the enzyme stabilizer market on the basis of segmental analysis.
Main segments identified in the enzyme stabilizer market report include region, product type, source, end-use application, and form.
The analysts at Fact.MR have analyzed the enzyme stabilizer market segments, thereby, offering a crystal clear comparison between vital market information, including Y-o-Y growth, the market share, revenue, and volume.
The report also carries regional performance of enzyme stabilizer market, dividing the market into Middle East & Africa (MEA), North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ).
Addition Questions Answered
Apart from the aforementioned details, the report also answers additional questions, including but not limited to,
- What will be the enzyme stabilizer market size in 2020?
- Which form of enzyme stabilizer holds highest gains for market players?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for the enzyme stabilizer market growth?
- Which product type is currently dominating the market, and what will be its market size in 2019?
- What will be the volume sales of enzyme stabilizers in food processing industry in next couple of years?
- Which are the two leading players in enzyme stabilizer market, and what will be their y-o-y growth during the forecast period?
Key insights and forecast offered on enzyme stabilizer market are based on a vigorous research methodology that is used to develop this report on the enzyme stabilizer market.
The report is composed of an exhaustive secondary and primary researches to gain information pertaining to all spheres of the enzyme stabilizer market.
Analysts have conducted an in-depth research to arrive at the numbers offered in the report, including CAGR and revenue share of all the market segments.
The unique research followed by Fact.MR promises authenticity of every minute detail the mentioned in the report.
The valuable information about enzyme stabilizer market is presented in a way to enable clients to make well-informed decisions for future growth of their businesses in the enzyme stabilizer market.
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.