Notable Developments in the Handheld Laser Distance Meter Market:
- In February 2019, Nikon Vision Co., Ltd. – a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation (Nikon), recently announced the launch of the MONARCH 2000 – its new portable Laser Rangefinder. The MONARCH 2000 is a handheld laser distance meter with an extended distance measurement capacity of a maximum distance of 1,820 meters. Various innovative and modern features, such as red OLED internal display and an automatic display brightness adjustment function, are incorporated in Nikon’s new handheld laser distance meter.
- In February 2019, Trimble, Inc. – a California-based developer of laser rangefinders and inertial navigation systems – announced its e-commerce platform, Trimble Exchange, where customers in the United States can directly connect with the Trimble's SITECH® dealer network to purchase refurbished or pre-owned, legacy Trimble products. With the launch of the new e-commerce platform, Trimble aims to attract customers, especially from the civil construction industry, by offering competitive prices of pre-owned Trimble equipment.
- In June 2018, Robert Bosch GmbH (Robert Bosch Tool) – a leading provider of cordless & corded measuring tools, power tools, and tool accessories and one of the leading stakeholders in the handheld laser distance meter market – introduced the new Bosch BLAZE™ Outdoor GLM400C Connected Laser Measure, which comes with the Viewfinder as well as a Camera. The new handheld laser distance meter provides unique features such as default real-time measuring, indirect measuring functions for length, area, as well as volume along with a display guide.
- In February 2018, Hexagon AB (Leica Geosystems), a leading providers of geospatial industrial solutions and a leading player in the handheld laser distance meter market, announced the launch of its new handheld laser distance meter –Leica DISTO™ X3 and X4 – which is specially designed for the construction industry. The new handheld laser distance meter is water- and dust-protected and it can withstand drop tests from a height of 2 meters. The company also declared that a Pointfinder camera is integrated into the new product – DISTO X4, which can help users to easily locate distant target even in bright sunlight. With the launch of the revolutionary and technologically advanced handheld laser distance meters, the company is aiming to consolidate a stronger position in the market.
Other key players in the handheld laser distance meter market are Fluke Corporation, Hilti, Inc., Makita U.S.A., Inc., Precaster Enterprises Co., Ltd., Prexiso AG, STABILA Measuring Instruments Gustav Ullrich GmbH, Stanley Black & Decker Inc., Trimble, Inc., and The L.S. Starrett Company Ltd.
Resurgent Growth in Construction Industry to Complement Handheld Laser Distance Meter Sales
Handheld laser distance meters are rapidly replacing their traditional counterparts such as measurement tapes, used in the industry. The burgeoning demand for handheld laser distance meters in the construction industry is mainly attributed to the needs for improving the speed and accuracy of distance measurement tools.
Handheld laser distance meters are commonly used in the construction industry for height tracking, which enabled end-users to derive the discrepancy between the heights of two sides of a wall with more accuracy and without any assistance.
The importance of getting the measurements right the first time with high efficiency, accuracy, and safety is necessitating the use of handheld laser distance meters in the construction industry.
Leading stakeholders in the handheld laser distance meters market are focusing on introducing handheld laser distance meters for the construction industry to capitalize on lucrative sales opportunities created by the ongoing construction activities worldwide.
Camera with Brightness Adjustment Features Emerge as Outdoor Application Enablers
A majority of customers are incorporating state-of-the-art measurement instruments, such as handheld laser distance meters, for outdoor applications, in bright sunlight.
Leading manufacturers in the handheld laser distance meter market are focusing on improving the quality of display by integrating a high-resolution screen with modern handheld laser distance meters.
By introducing brightness adjustment features and a camera with zooming capabilities, handheld laser distance meter market players are allowing end-users to spot distant targets in bright sunlight. In the upcoming years, integrating cameras and high-resolution display options with handheld laser distance meters is likely to emerge as a popular trend in the market.
High Cost Continues to Remain a Key Growth Impediment
Although handheld laser distance meters enable end-users to achieve more accuracy at distance measurement tasks, they are extremely expensive, which is one of the leading factors to limit the market growth. As compared to their alternatives – ultrasound distance meters, handheld laser distance meters cost much higher.
Thereby, customers are preferring to purchase pre-owned handheld laser distance meters or leasing one, owing to its high cost. Taking into consideration this trend, leading manufacturers in the handheld laser distance meters market are offering pre-owned equipment or leasing handheld laser distance meters of their own brands at competitive prices to gain an edge in the handheld laser distance meter market.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Handheld Laser Distance Meters with Bluetooth Functionality Gain High Palpability
Consideration towards customer experience is building a foundation for salient business strategies adopted by leading players in the handheld laser distance meter market. Leading manufacturers are incorporating Bluetooth functionality with handheld laser distance meters makes the instrument accessible to end-users in a variety of formats.
As it enables end-users to transfer information digitally by connecting handheld laser distance meters with smartphones or other electronic devices such as tablets or laptops, manufacturers are introducing the Bluetooth feature in their latest handheld laser distance meter models.
Furthermore, some of the top-tiered companies in the handheld laser distance meter market have also introduced smartphone applications that can be connected with handheld laser distance meters and directly transfer data in the form of photographs, floor plans, and numbers to end-users’ electronic devices. Digital transformations in the major end-user industries are expected to make this trend popular in the upcoming years.
A handheld laser distance meter is a handheld instrument that can be used to measure distance by sending a finely focused laser pulse in the direction of the target and calculates the time taken for the reflection to return. On measuring the time between the two events, a handheld laser distance meter converts it into distance.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
About the Report
The Fact.MR study on the handheld laser distance meter market is a seamless presentation of unique insights about growth of the market during the assessment period 2019-2027. The study on handheld laser distance meter market explains in detail reliable quantitative and qualitative estimates on how the future for the handheld laser distance meter market is.
The report includes the value-based, ultimate predictions about growth of the handheld laser distance meter market in terms of market size (US$ million) and market volume (units) throughout the assessment period.
The handheld laser distance market is mainly divided into three segments – geographical regions, range, and applications of handheld laser distance meters. Based on the geographical regions, the handheld laser distance meter market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Japan, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
Depending upon the range of a handheld laser distance meter, the handheld laser distance meter market is segmented in to up to 30 meters, 30-100 meters, and above 100 meters. Based on the end-uses or applications of handheld laser distance meters, the market is segmented into building & construction, metal & mining industry, military, and other applications, such as logistics.
Interested to Procure The Data
Additional Questions Answered
The handheld laser distance meter market report provides comprehensive information about how the handheld laser distance meter market will grow during 2019-2027. Comprehensive information about salient growth parameters of the handheld laser distance meter market mentioned in the report includes the most important growth parameters of the market.
The report also provides answers to the important, business-related questions about the handheld laser distance meter market. This information can prove extremely helpful for new entrants and startups in the handheld laser distance meter market to plan appropriate business strategies while entering the handheld laser distance meter market. Some the most important questions that are answered in the Fact.MR report are
- What are the factors that are boosting demand for handheld laser distance meter the highest in the construction industry?
- What is the total revenue of handheld laser distance meter globally in across a wide range of end-us industries and which factors will have significant impact on its global demand by end of 2027?
- In 2018, what was the competitive landscape of handheld laser distance meter and which factors will define growth for Tier I, II, and III players in the handheld laser distance meter market during the next decade?
- How will the handheld laser distance meter market grow in APEJ region during the forecast period?
Important aspects of the research methodology followed to analyze the handheld laser distance meter market during the forecast period 2019-2027 are included in this chapter of the report. An exhaustive list of sources for secondary research and primary research used to reach important insights on the growth prospects of the handheld laser distance meter market is provided in the study.
Intelligence obtained from industry experts in handheld laser distance meter market have been extrapolated and obtaining the most important, industry-validated information has enabled analysts to write this insightful analytic study on the handheld laser distance meter market.
This chapter focuses on the systematic approach towards handheld laser distance meter market research adopted by analysts to gather important information about the market as well as the future growth avenues for stakeholders in the handheld laser distance meter market.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.