Lensometers are instruments used by ophthalmologists and other eye care professionals to verify and determine the strength of lenses or eye glasses. They are also known as focimeters. The introduction of projection lensometers dates back to 1922.
Lensometers help analyse UV protective properties. They provide fast measurement, ease of use, ease of handling and are high-accuracy instruments that can measure the power of low-degree lenses & coloured lens and display the PH value on the screen. Advanced versions of lensometers are available in the market, which are fully automatic and easy to operate. Moreover, lensometers are highly effective and prismatic correction instruments. Different types of lensometers have different specifications, however, their components are common. These instruments provide quick results for all types of lenses, which include hard as well as soft lenses. Generally, lensometers are used for measuring prism, spherical power, cylindrical power as well as different optical centre positions..
Global Lensometers Market: Drivers and Restraints
Lensometers are convenient and reliable instruments for ophthalmologists as they help measure all optical center positions in lenses as well as prism and other factors. With the help of lensometers, the general state of eye lenses can be assessed and all lenses, such as single-vision, progressive, bi-focal and prism, can be measured automatically. In addition, lensometers are used in faster lens detection and rapid operation. Nowadays, most people pay special attention to healthcare and eyes are the most sensitive parts of the human body. Lensometers provide better care for lenses and eliminate human error and inconsistency. With the help of these devices, ophthalmologists can record all the information on the screen in real-time and provide digital printouts of the same. Some of the lensometers are very expensive and require better handling. Manual lensometers require the simultaneous adjustment of two wheels and operators must have good vision and coordination. Moreover, the manual versions can only be used by one person at a time.
Global Lensometers Market: Segmentation
The global lensometer market is segmented based on following segments:
Based on the end users, the lensometers market is segmented as:
- Hospitals and clinics
- Diagnostic centre
- Research centre
- Optical shop
Based on the products type, the lensometer market is segmented as:
- Continuous Display Lensometer
- Digital Display Lensometer
Global Lensometers Market: Overview
Patients visit ophthalmologists for eye examination mostly in cases when their eye glasses are old and want to check if there have been any changes in their power, or in case they have vision problems that require correction with the usage of eye glasses. In both cases, optometrists use a lensometer to assess the strength of lenses instead of starting from scratch. These devices help optromists verify the power of the existing glasses that are being used by patients. Different types of lensometers are available, but the most common types are manual and automatic. Automatic lensometers are well-programmed devices that are mostly used in clinics and offer vision wave-front advanced technology, whereas manual lensometers provide the accurate power of lenses and are used in optical industries. Manual lensometers are easy to carry anywhere.
Global Lensometers Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of geographical regions, the global lensometers market is segmented into several key regions, viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa. The demand for eye care is higher in regions such as Asia Pacific, North America and Western Europe. The market has influence on different regions due to the production and consumption volume as well as the import-export ratio of a region .North America expected to register the fastest growth in the global lensometers market due to the high demand for advanced technology in the region. Major factors, such as price analysis, supply chain analysis, political, social, sales, revenue and technical, are contributing to the growth of the market.
Global Lensometers Market: Key Players
Key industry leaders are engaged in the development and manufacturing of lensometers that are likely to exceed industry standards. Connected devices and the Internet of things are new advancements that are expected to drive the market in the future. Manufacturers are developing automated lensometers to provide better services to customers as well as users. Some of the key players in the global lensometers market are Topcon corporation, Tomey Corporation, Haag Streit AG , Nidek Co Ltd, Heine Optotechnik GmbH & Co KG, Carl Zeiss AG, and Welch Allyn Inc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Rest of Latin America)
- Europe [EU -4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.), Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- APEJ (Greater China, India, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries and Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development