Display Glass Substrate Market Overview
Display glass substrate is a special glass used for supporting TFT (Thin Film Transistor), LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) and OLED panels forming display units for products including televisions, personal computers and mobile phones. Ever display panel consists of various components stacked in a number of layers, which includes a color filter, a polarizer and a liquid crystal display with the glass substrate being the most important.
In 2016, the display glass substrate market was valued at US$ 1.42 Billion and is projected to reach US$ 1.97 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5.7%. With the expanding demand for consumer grade electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops and personal computers, the global display glass substrate market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Display Glass Substrate Market Dynamics
The expanding use of LCD’s in smart handheld devices, consumer durables, and other automotive applications is one of the most powerful factors projected to drive the growth of the display glass substrate market. Moreover, the advancements in the electronics and semiconductor industries are further projected to drive the increasing demand for display glass substrates.
The electronics industry is the largest end-using commerce segment that suitably utilizes display glass substrates and the general growth for the display glass substrate market is heavily dependent on it. Increasing in manufacturing of display devices, electronic components, semiconductor devices, MEMS (Microelectronic Mechanical System) devices, and computing & telecommunication devices is expected to drive the growth of the display glass substrate market.
However, the immense manufacturing cost of display glass substrates acts as a restraint to the expansion of the display glass substrate market. Manufacturers of display glass substrates are focusing on directing their earnings through several process control techniques with the aim of optimizing production costs to a certain level.
Display Glass Substrate Market Regional Overview
Asia Pacific is accredited to be the largest market for display glass substrates. The display glass substrate market in the Asia Pacific region is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the occupancy of numerous electronics manufacturers in this region.
China, Hong Kong and South Korea are expected to account for the largest share of the glass substrate market in the Asia Pacific region in 2028 as most of the major producers of display glass substrates such as Nippon Sheet Glass (Japan) and The Tungshu Group (China) are located in the Asia Pacific region. The Asia Pacific region accounts for over 37% of the total display glass substrate market. Other regions include North America and Europe with a market share of 8% and 3% in the global display glass substrate market.
Display Glass Substrate Market Key Players
Some of the key players in the global display glass substrate market are Corning Incorporated, LG Chem, AGC Incorporated, AvanStrate Incorporated, SCHOTT Ag, Tungshu Optoelectronics, IRICO Group New Energy Company Limited and CGC Glass.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the display glass substrate market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry validated market data. It also includes projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report of display glass substrate market provides analysis and information according to the different market segments such as geographies, grade type and application.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
The display glass substrate market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends / Issues / Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S, Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Rest of South Asia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- Oceanic (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Northern Africa, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Rest of MEA)
The display glass substrate market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and competitive assessment industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report for display glass substrate market provides an in depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
- Detailed overview of the display glass substrate market.
- Changing market dynamics in the display glass substrate market industry.
- In-depth display glass substrate market segmentation.
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value.
- Recent industry trends and developments in the display glass substrate market.
- Competitive landscape.
- Strategies of key players and products offered.
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth for the display glass substrate market.
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Display Glass Substrate Market Segmentation
The global display glass substrate market can be segmented on the basis of type, application and region.
On the basis of type, the display glass substrate market can be segmented into:
- Borosilicate-based display glass substrate
- Silicon-based display glass substrate
- Ceramic-based display glass substrate
- Fused Silica/Quartz-based display glass substrates
- Soda-lime- and Aluminosilicate-based display glass substrates
On the basis of application, the display glass substrate market can be segmented into:
On the basis of region, the display glass substrate market can be segmented into
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
Interactive Display Market is expected to register a CAGR of 19.2% during the forecast period, 2017-...
Display Driver Market Forecast, Trend Analysis & Competition Tracking - Global Market Insights 2018 ...
Quantum Dot Display Market is expected to reach US$ 69.79 Billion by 2032. Rise in demand for large-...