Display Driver Market – Introduction
The global display driver market is likely to proliferate in the forthcoming years, owing to the increasing penetration of LCD and OLED panels in televisions, smartphones, and other electronic devices. The growing demand for high resolution, and integrated functions in electronic devices are fueling the adoption of display driver ICs.
A display driver is a kind of semiconductor with an integrated circuit working as an interface between LCDs and microprocessors, which controls display systems in smartphones and PCs. As display drivers are essential for display devices, the proliferating display device market is set to fuel growth in display driver market. These factors pushed the global display driver market to value to roughly US$ 7 billion in 2018.
Display Driver Market – Notable Developments
Some of the leading companies operating in the global display driver market include Rohm Semiconductor, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., FocalTech Systems Co., Ltd., Silicon Works Co., Ltd., Novatek Microelectronics Corp., Raydium Semiconductor Corporation, MediaTek Inc., Synaptics Incorporated, MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation, Sitronix Technology Corporation, Himax Technologies, Inc., and Fitipower Integrated Technology Inc.
Notable developments in the competitive landscape of display driver market include,
- In February 2019, MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation released second generation 0.13 micron 18V high voltage process technology, which is dedicated for high performance source driver IC for LCD as well as OLED TVs.
- In January 2019, Samsung Electronics introduced a display driver IC, which the company says can enhance the efficiency and performance of 8K TVs. Known as 36CT93P DDI, the new DDIC boasts up to 4Gbps intra-panel data transfer speeds as it has inbuilt connected standard interface for TV (USI-T) 2.0.
- In August 2018, a software company Synaptics, announced sampling of its novel ClearView R63455 DDIC, which the company says is the first DDIC to feature dual-display 2K resolution along with foveal transport compatibility for HMDs.
Display Driver Market – Dynamics
OLED Display Technology & Flexible Displays Bringing Significant Traction to Display Driver Market
The adoption of OLED display and flexible display technology is growing rapidly owing to their manifold advantages over LCD display technology. Manufacturers of hand-held devices, such as mobile phones, camcorders, and digital cameras are increasingly equipping their products with OLED displays on account of evolving consumer preference. With rich-features, such as a simple-cum-elegant structure, flexible form factors, color depth, and high contrast ratio, the adoption of OLED display technology has grown significantly in recent years. OLED displays are penetrating the display ecosystem at a high rate, which in turn is providing an impetus to the growth of OLED display driver market.
Growing Adoption of Display Drivers in Small Devices Boosting Market Potential
As display panels in smartphones play a significant role in brand and product differentiation, the TDDI solutions are witnessing considerable traction from the smartphone industry. The demand for TDDI as well as COF-based display drivers is likely to increase on the back of rapidly expanding display technology, growing adoption of flexible display panels, and emergence of full-view displays in smartphones. TDDI solutions are witnessing traction, owing to the rapid growth of the market for full-screen smartphone displays, for which the inclusion of TDDI solutions was among the numerous key requirements. Furthermore, with demand for the larger screen-to-body ratio typical of full-screen smartphone displays likely to become more pervasive, TDDI combined with COF solutions are likely to witness increased traction.
Manufacturers Eying Advancing Technology to Gain an Extra Edge in Competitive Display Drivers Market
Amid the highly competitive display driver market, stakeholders are closely watching the display panel market to create unique growth strategies. They are increasingly eyeing at the emerging display technologies, including true quantum dot and micro-LED, which will play a significant role in display panel market in forthcoming years. Furthermore, the growing construction of novel OLED and LCD panel manufacturing facilities, adoption of advanced technology in TDDI-type display drivers, and development of COF-based display drivers, are also creating lucrative growth opportunities for display driver manufacturers.
South Korea Remains Lucrative for Growth in Display Driver Market
South Korea has been creating lucrative opportunities for stakeholders and is expected to push the market further, owing to a significant OLED display panel production in the country. Consequently, the adoption of OLED-based display drivers in electronic devices is increasing in South Korea. Furthermore, the hefty investments from LG Display and Samsung in OLED technology coupled with their production expansion in the country has been aiding South Korea in dominating the display driver market in terms of size.
Display Driver Market – Segmentation
Based on driver type the display driver market is segmented into:
Based on package type the display driver market is segmented into:
- COF (Chip-On-Film)
- COG (Chip-On-Glass)
Based on device the display driver market is segmented into:
- Smart Wearables
Based on display technology the display driver market is segmented into:
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the display driver market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to display driver market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
Display driver market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Display driver Market Segments
- Display driver Market Dynamics
- Display driver Market Size
- Display driver Market Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Display driver Market
- Competition & Companies involved in Display driver Market
- Technology in Display driver Market
- Value Chain
Display driver market regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada) display driver market
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru) display driver market
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe) display driver market
- CIS and Russia display driver market
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea) display driver market
- Japan display driver market
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel) display driver market
The display driver report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with display driver market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on display driver market segments and geographies
Display driver Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and Products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
- Graphics Driver
- Display Technology
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions