Global Ionophores Market Overview
Ionophores plays an essential role in enhancing feed efficiency and health in livestock and poultry production. They are lipid-soluble compounds that transport ions across a cell membrane found in living cells or liposomes. They are generally classified into two types including Carrier ionophores which binds to a specific ion and shield its charge from surrounding environment and Channel formers which introduces a hydrophilic pore into the membrane and these ionophores are abundant proteins.
The Ionophores market is primarily driven by increased production of poultry and livestock. The market is expected to showcase significant growth in the forecast period due to growing awareness amongst the meat consuming consumers. However, regulation and compliance on the use of growth promoter antibiotics in the food and beverage industry have the potential to hampers the growth of the market.
Global Ionophores Market Dynamics
Broad Usage of Ionophores in Poultry Production to Boost Ionophores Sales
The overall global poultry production is around 123 million tons in 2018 and is expected to reach more than 140 million in the forecast period. Ionophores are used to control coccidiosis, a disease in poultry across the world. Coccidiosis is caused by a protozoan parasite which attacks the cells of poultry intestines which results in inflammation of the intestines, diarrhea, affects the growth and production performance, reduce feed efficiency, and in some cases, cause death. Thus, increased poultry production will demand a considerable volume of Ionophores, which in turn results in increased sales of ionophores globally.
Rise in Awareness amongst Meat Consuming Population to Increase Usage of Ionophore globally
Global meat consuming population has increased rapidly in recent decades, with worldwide per capita meat consumption increased to more than 60 kilograms in 2019. Over 350 million tons of meat is produced globally. With the increase in global meat consumption and increased awareness about the health of consumed meat, the demand for ionophores has increased globally. Companies such as McDonald, a major consumer of livestock and meat have banned the usage of growth-promoting antibiotics. Moreover, increased awareness amongst consumers has pressurized giant meat consuming companies to use healthy and natural meat in their food products.
Ban on Growth Promoting Antibiotics
Ionophores are additionally used as an antibiotic as a growth-enhancing feed additive for most of the animals, including cattle and chickens. With the ban in growth-promoting antibiotics in various regions could hamper the growth ionophores market globally. U.S, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, and many other countries have established stringent regulations on the ban of growth-promoting antibiotics. For instance, Sweden has banned all growth-promoting antibiotics, following which many other countries have implemented similar regulation on the prohibition of antibiotics. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has put forth various regulatory activities to ensure the safety of animals.
Global Ionophores Market Segmentation
The global Ionophores market can be segmented on the basis of class as:
- Carboxylic Ionophore
- Neutral ionophore
The global Ionophores market can be segmented on the basis of product type as:
The global Ionophores market can be segmented on the basis of dosage form as:
The global Ionophores market can be segmented on the basis of end use application as:
- Feed Additive
The global Ionophores market can be segmented on the basis of the geographical region as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
Global Ionophores Market Regional Overview
North America holds the largest market share of Ionophore due to the increased poultry production and rapid development in the economy. However, high meat prices and changing consumer preferences have hampered the growth of ionophores in the North America region. Moreover, China and Brazil also leads the Ionophore market with continuously evolving industry dynamics and increased awareness about livestock and poultry production. Additionally, developing countries categorized based on GDP growth, per capita income and industrialization, are expected to capture the majority of the ionophore market share globally.
Global Ionophores Market Key Players
Some of the key market participants in the global Ionophores market are:
- Nutritech International Ltd
- BioVision Inc.
- JIGCHEM UNIVERSAL
- MANUS AKTTEVA BIOPHARMA LLP
- Haihang Industry Co., Ltd.
- Other Prominent Players
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Ionophores market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to Ionophores market segments such as geographies, product type, and applications.
The Ionophores market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Ionophores Market Segments
- Ionophores Market Dynamics
- Ionophores Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Ionophores Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel, Rest of MEA)
- East Asia (China, Japan, and South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (New Zealand and Australia)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments of Ionophores. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation of Ionophores.
- Historical, current and projected market size of Ionophores in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of the company.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development