Non-GMO Flour Market
Non-GMO Flour Market Analysis Report By Source (Wheat, Rice, Maize, Barley), By Application (Bakery Products & Confectionery, Pasta & Noodles, Non-food Applications), By Region - Global Market Insights 2022 to 2032
Non-GMO Flour Market Outlook (2022-2032)
The global non-GMO flour market has reached a size of US$ 64.25 billion and is anticipated to increase to US$ 88.46 billion by the end of 2032. Consumption of non-GMO flour across the world is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 3.2% between 2022 and 2032.
Increasing popularity of organic products across the world is anticipated to drive demand for non-GMO ingredients such as non-GMO salt, non-GMO rice, non-GMO corn flour, and other non-GMO products over the coming years.
Non-GMO Flour Market Size (2022E)
US$ 64.25 Billion
Forecasted Market Value (2032F)
US$ 88.46 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2022-2032)
North America Market Share (2022)
Europe Market Share (2022)
Key Companies Profiled
Interested to Procure The Data
Sales Analysis of Non-GMO Flour (2017-2021) in Comparison to Market Forecasts (2022-2032)
Non-genetically modified flour is obtained by milling non-GMO grains and is obtained through minimal processing methods. Organic non-GMO flour has many health benefits such as low gluten content, promoting the removal of bad fat, helping in lowering cholesterol levels, and also has a longer shelf life than traditional flour.
Increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders is anticipated to promote the consumption of non-GMO flour as it helps in the reduction of cholesterol which could lead to cardiovascular complications.
Rising consumer preference for organic products, rising demand for non-GMO ingredients from the millennial population, the growing popularity of plant-based and vegan foods, and increasing focus on fitness are other crucial factors that could potentially drive non-GMO flour demand through 2032.
Increasing availability of plant-based foods is expected to favour non-GMO flour sales across the forecast period. As such, the market for non-GMO flour is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2022 to 2032.
What’s Driving Popularity of Non-GMO Flour?
“Rising Worldwide Demand for Organic Products”
Consumers across the world have become more health and fitness conscious than ever before and this has increased the demand for organic products as people avoid synthetic and chemical-based products. Initiatives to promote the consumption of organic foods are also expected to drive demand for non-GMO flour across the forecast period.
- For instance, in March 2022, The Italian Association of Millers announced the launch of an initiative to promote the exports of organic durum wheat flour, semolina, and soft wheat flour. This initiative has been co-funded by the European Commission and is titled 'Pure Flour from Europe: Your Organic and Sustainable Choice!' This is expected to especially influence the export of non-GMO flour from Italy over the coming years.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
How Can New Non-GMO Flour Brands Boost their Revenue Generation Capacity?
“Start-up Companies Can Focus on Launching New Non-GMO Ingredients”
New market players can target investments through such funding rounds and advance their research and development of novel non-GMO products. New brands can also focus on crafting creative marketing strategies to increase the awareness of organic products and drive their sales potential.
- NuCicer, a start-up focused on creating new non-GMO chickpea varieties, based in California, the United States, raised US$ 4.5 million in a seed round led by Lever VC, a venture capital firm. NuCicer has developed a non-GMO chickpea variety that has 75% more protein than traditional chickpeas, and the company claims that its technology can halve the cost of chickpea protein.
Analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, have analyzed key market trends that would be crucial for new entrants to create and enhance their market presence.
Which Region Leads Demand for Organic Non-GMO Flour?
“Global Non-GMO Flour Consumption Led by Europe & North America”
The North America non-GMO flour market is expected to be lucrative for non-GMO flour suppliers over the forecast period owing to the increasing popularity of veganism and rising demand for organic products.
Currently, sales of non-GMO flour in North America account for a valuation of US$ 16.51 billion and hold a market share of 25.7% in the global industry landscape.
Non-GMO flour market in Europe holds a revenue total of US$ 15.09 billion in 2022 and accounts for a market share of 23.5% in the global marketplace. Consumers in this region are shifting their preference toward non-GMO flour instead of GMO flour owing to increasing health consciousness.
High consumer spending potential and the presence of key non-GMO product suppliers in this region are other factors that drive market potential in Europe throughout the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific region is expected to witness a steady increase in demand for non-GMO flour over the coming years as the popularity of veganism and plant-based foods increases among the millennial population.
Increasing availability of non-GMO ingredients such as non-GMO wheat flour, non-GMO whole wheat flour, non-GMO almond flour, etc. in this region is also expected to favour market potential. The market in China stands at a value of US$ 3.66 billion at present and holds a market share of 5.7% in the global industry landscape.
Non-GMO flour brands are focusing on launching new products to meet increasing demand as consumers demand organic products. Non-GMO flour manufacturers are also focusing on mergers and acquisitions to increase their overall market presence.
- In February 2022, Benson Hill, a soybean processing company, announced the launch of a new line of non-GMO ingredients with high protein content. The TruVail line of ingredients also features a high-protein non-GMO soy flour.
- In May 2022, Tate & Lyle, a global ingredients manufacturer, announced the acquisition of Nutriati, an ingredient technology company focused on developing plant-based ingredients. Nutriati uses a protein extraction process that has a lower environmental footprint than others for chickpeas. Tate & Lyle has forayed into the plant-based protein market through this acquisition.
Key Segments Covered in Non-GMO Flour Industry Research
Non-GMO Flour Market by Source :
Non-GMO Flour Market by Application :
- Bakery Products & Confectionery
- Pasta & Noodles
- Non-Food Applications
Non-GMO Flour Market by Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
Non-Potato Veggie Chips Market research report covers detailed information on Global Non-Potato Vegg...
The non-GMO soy protein market is estimated to be valued at US$ 2.3Bn in 2020 and expand at a CAGR o...