Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Market
Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Market Analysis By Component (Interior, Exterior), By End User (Individuals, Healthcare Institutions, Old Age Homes), By Sales Channel (Direct Sales, Online) & Region – Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
As per this recent industry research by Fact.MR, worldwide electric scooter lift and carrier demand has reached a market valuation of US$ 157.96 billion in 2023. From 2023 to 2033, the global electric scooter lift and carrier market is forecasted to exhibit 5.1% CAGR, resulting in a market size of US$ 259.76 billion by the end of 2033.
Expanding need for effective transportation options is driving the market for electric scooter lifts and carriers. Electric scooter lifts and carriers provide a practical and secure solution to moving electric scooters across various surfaces and settings.
Electric scooter lifts and carriers have become more popular, particularly in developed regions with robust transportation systems. Market expansion has also been aided by the rising popularity of electric scooters and the demand for safe transportation options for these devices among consumers and companies.
People with physical limitations can carry a scooter or wheelchair with the use of an electric scooter mobility lift. By positioning the scooter or wheelchair either on the outside or inside of the transporting vehicle, an electric scooter lift and carrier aid in long-distance travel.
- Individuals account for 59% demand for electric scooter lifts and carriers. This is majorly attributed to the fact that every household has at least one or more geriatric family members who require mobility assistance.
Mobility vehicle lifts have surged in popularity, assisting physically disabled people to transport their scooters or wheelchairs while driving long distances. Furthermore, these lifts are mounted to the vehicle's exterior. Thus, the convenience of transporting scooters or wheelchairs, along with the rising demand for mobility scooters, is aiding market expansion.
Market growth is attributed to an increase in the geriatric population as well as a rise in the availability of solutions for geriatric and disabled individuals across developed and developing regions. People's rising interest in senior care has given rise to the notion of geriatric tourism, which has sparked the interest of several tour operators.
The market is anticipated to expand over the coming years due to factors such as government backing for eco-friendly transportation options, high demand for wheelchair-accessible vehicles, and increasing investments by key market participants. Additionally, rising obesity rates throughout the world are predicted to boost market expansion.
Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Market Size (2023)
US$ 157.96 Billion
Forecasted Market Value (2033)
US$ 259.76 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Market Share of Exterior Electric Scooter Lifts and Carriers (2023)
China Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Japan Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
India Market Size (2023)
US$ 20.38 Billion
United States Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Market Share of Electric Scooter Lifts and Carriers for Individuals (2023)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
In What Ways Can Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Manufacturers Tap into New Market Opportunities?
“Emphasis on Advanced Technologies to Improve Product Quality”
Technological innovations in electronic control systems, material strength, and crane systems, together with functional upgrades, have all been shown to be crucial to raising product demand. Previously, manual operation was required for the electric scooter lift and carrier equipment. However, vendors are starting to employ advanced technologies to combine different operations and automate these devices.
Automated electric scooter lifts and carriers offer several beneficial qualities, including the ability to carry big scooters, ease of use, quick installation in vehicles, and low upkeep needs. They fold vertically up against the vehicle and are cost-effective in comparison to other lifting and carrying tools, making them a popular choice among customers.
Although modifications to the hydraulics of electric scooter lifts can yield positive results, making these lifts compatible with the majority of automobiles will benefit families with more than one car. In addition, ensuring a strong after-sales service might potentially lead to higher income for market participants.
“Equipping Vehicles with Modern Lifts and Carriers for Elderly People”
In recent years, the world has witnessed an unprecedented increase in global geriatric population levels, attributed to improved life expectancy. Consequently, old-age health complications have also increased.
- According to a United Nations report, there were 727 million people aged 65 years or older in 2020. In the next 30 years, this number is projected to more than double, reaching over 1.5 billion by 2050. Hence, problems related to physical mobility are bound to increase.
Automotive manufacturers are equipping vehicles with highly advanced electric scooter lifts and carriers, enabling elderly people to carry their wheelchairs or scooters over long-haul distances. Demand will be especially strong across such regions as Japan, Europe, and North America.
“Governmental and NGO Initiatives Encouraging Use of Electric Scooters”
Incentives and initiatives by various governments and non-governmental organizations to encourage the usage of electric scooters are projected to have a favorable influence on market growth throughout the forecast period. The rising popularity of mobility scooters is projected to boost demand for elevators and carrier systems.
- In 2015, the Indian government formulated the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (FAME) Scheme to increase EV uptake across the country, including slashing GST rates from 12% to 5%. This will likely boost the popularity of electric scooter lifts and carriers over the coming years.
What are the Obstacles to Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Demand Growth?
“High Initial Cost of Electric Scooter Lifts and Carriers and Difficulties with Their Installation”
Market expansion is hampered by the high initial costs of lifts and carriers, a lack of customer awareness, and difficulties with installation and compatibility. The main obstacles impeding the growth of the electric scooter lift and carrier market are safety and road regulations. By identifying market constraints, organizations can develop plans of action to get around them and lessen their effects.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
What Tactics Can Start-ups Use to Strengthen Their Position in the Market?
“Offering Cost-effective Products by Upgrading Fundamental Functionalities”
Advancements in hydraulic technology have made the lifting process easier and more mechanized. Several businesses are launching new solutions to boost the expansion of the electric scooter lift & carrier industry.
- LiftSquad Installation Support Network was added to Harmar's service offering. It has the capability of supporting nearly 1,000 customers for installation.
Following such developments by renowned market players, new companies should concentrate on offering cost-effective items to acquire a competitive edge in the industry. They can enhance fundamental functionality and incorporate new features to make the product more appealing.
Why are Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Producers Attracted to the United States?
“Rise in Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Production According to Governmental Rules”
- The market in the United States is anticipated to reach US$ 27 billion by 2033.
The presence of prominent manufacturers, an increase in electric scooter lift and carrier production according to governmental rules, and technological advancements in electric mobility scooters are driving market growth. With a rising need for effective and secure transportation options, the market for electric scooter lifts and carriers is expanding.
What Supporting Increasing Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Sales in the United Kingdom?
“High Demand for Electric Mobility Scooters”
- Demand for electric scooter lifts and carriers in the United Kingdom is set to rise at a CAGR of 3.5% through 2033.
The market in the United Kingdom is anticipated to increase significantly throughout the projection period. This expansion can be attributable to an expanding target demographic and increased demand for electric mobility scooters.
- In March 2020, the United Kingdom Department of Transport announced a consultation into exploring new transportation models that include e-scooters and e-cargo bikes as alternatives to other public transport. Consequently, demand is anticipated to accelerate over the coming years, even amongst individual users, which will ultimately impel the need for electric scooter lifts and carriers.
Why is Demand for Electric Scooter Lifts and Carriers High in China?
“Increase in Geriatric Population Driving Market Value”
- Sales of electric scooter lifts and carriers in China are valued at US$ 37.75 billion in 2023 and are estimated to reach US$ 65.98 billion by 2033.
Market expansion is fueled by the well-developed healthcare infrastructure and the significant portion of family spending on elderly people, and expanding government measures to promote hybrid electric vehicles. An increase in the geriatric population, rising government subsidies, and the government's initiative to make electric scooters affordable are largely responsible for market growth.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Which Type of Electric Scooter Lift is Most Widely Used across Regions?
“Exterior Electric Scooter Lifts and Carriers Save Boot Space”
Based on component, the market is classified into interior and exterior.
- Exterior electric scooter lifts and carriers account for 62% of the global market. This can be ascribed to the advantages provided by these devices, such as the ability to save boot space.
Electric scooter lifts and carriers must be hitch-mounted on the back of smaller vehicles and sedans. Such outside systems, however, are suspended directly for transporting small-sized scooters or rest on an externally built platform for hauling bigger scooters.
Key participants in the production of electric scooter lifts and carriers are focusing on new developments, product standards, and supply chain management. In addition, these firms are using a variety of expansion techniques, such as mergers and acquisitions, to broaden and diversify their product lines.
- Harmar LLC purchased Pride Mobility's lifts and ramps product line. This acquisition expanded Harmar's electric scooter lift offering while also strengthening its R&D capabilities.
- Harmar added the LiftSquad Installation Support Network to its service portfolio. Every month, LifeSquad can assist almost 1,000 clients with installation.
- In 2022, Trenton and Bird released e-scooters as a brand-new environmentally friendly kind of public transportation. Through this collaboration, both businesses created e-scooters that can be utilized for a variety of everyday trips. The firm primarily focuses on lowering carbon emissions.
Electric Scooter Lift and Carrier Industry Research Segmentation
By Component :
- Crane Style
- Outside & Hitch Mounts
By End User :
- Healthcare Institutions
- Old Age Homes
By Sales Channel :
- Direct Sales
By Region :
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
The global electric scooter lift and carrier market is valued at US$ 157.96 billion in 2023.
Worldwide sales of electric scooter lifts and carriers are estimated to reach US$ 259.76 billion by 2033.
The market for electric scooter lifts and carriers is predicted to rise at a CAGR of 5.1% through 2033.
The market in Japan is set to reach US$ 8 billion by 2033.
The market in India is forecasted to evolve at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2023 to 2033.