Feed Yeast Market
Feed Yeast Market Study by Live, Spent, and Yeast Derivatives for Poultry, Ruminants, Swine, Aquatic Animals, and Other Livestock Animals from 2024 to 2034
Analysis of Feed Yeast Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Feed Yeast Market Outlook (2024 to 2034)
The feed yeast market is estimated to be valued at US$ 678.2 million in 2024. Projections indicate a steady expansion with a CAGR of 6.3% through 2034. The market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 1,245.2 million in 2034.
Using yeast in animal feed is anticipated to enhance the intestinal flora's balance and lessen animal digestive issues. To increase the amount of feed yeast in their portfolio, key competitors in the market are launching new products and engaging in mergers and acquisitions.
Feed yeast use is anticipated to increase due to consumers' growing desire for high-quality and healthful meat. Animal performance can be enhanced by combining yeast with both compound feed and home-based feed. It is also considered a safe way to enhance and increase animal health and productivity.
Furthermore, there is a growing need for feed additives that promote animal growth, including yeast, due to consumers' surging interest in premium meat and meat products. The feed yeast market is expected to be driven by government initiatives that encourage the use of yeast.
Changes in regulations concerning the use of feed additives can impact the animal feed yeast market. Adherence to quality standards and laws is crucial for market participants. The demand for feed additives is impacted by the growth of the livestock sector, especially in emerging economies.
|Estimated Feed Yeast Market Size (2024E)
|US$ 678.2 million
|Forecasted Market Value (2034F)
|US$ 1,245.2 million
|Global Feed Yeast Market Growth Rate (2024 to 2034)
|Spent Segment CAGR (2024 to 2034)
|Poultry Segment CAGR (2024 to 2034)
|North America Value Share (2024)
|East Asia Value Share (2024)
|Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Feed Yeast Market Trends and Analysis
- As the world's population and disposable income rise, there is a greater need for animal protein, raising the demand for feed yeast and other high-quality animal feed.
- As livestock farmers have become more aware of nutrition's role in an animal's health and performance, demand for specialty feed additives such as feed yeast has expanded.
- Improving the health and performance of animals is becoming more critical for livestock farmers.
- As feed yeast is a natural product, it satisfies industry and consumer demands for environmentally responsible and sustainable operations.
- The efficiency and scalability of feed yeast production are enhanced by developments in fermentation technology and production procedures, which can influence market dynamics.
Factors Driving Feed Yeast Demand
- Research and Development: Constant efforts to enhance yeast strains can result in the creation of feed yeast products that are more productive and successful.
- Livestock Industries: The need for premium animal feed and feed additives is projected to rise as these sectors expand.
- Developments in Production: Cost-effective and high-quality feed yeast products can be achieved by ongoing technological advancements.
- Globalization: Trade in feed additives, such as feed yeast, is facilitated by globalization. Discovering foreign markets and forming alliances with international players can lead to new growth opportunities.
- Customized Products: Creating feed yeast products specifically formulated to meet the dietary requirements of several livestock species offers a chance for market differentiation and focused market capture.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Factors Restraining Feed Yeast Market
- Costs: Purchasing raw materials, fermenting food, and maintaining quality control are the expenses associated with producing the highest caliber feed yeast.
- Regulatory Challenges: Manufacturers would need help to meet and adhere to regulatory standards, and regulation modifications can impact the market dynamics.
- Competition: In pursuing novel protein and nutritional sources, feed yeast faces competition from other products that provide comparable advantages.
What Strategies Can Start-ups Employ to Capitalize on Feed Yeast Business Opportunities?
- Forming alliances with universities, research centers, or well-known businesses in animal nutrition and agriculture can help expand growth.
- Setting aside funds for continuous research and development to raise the effectiveness of feed yeast products
- Start-ups can be competitive by implementing innovative formulations, production techniques, and strain improvement
- Create a distinctive brand identity and make marketing investments to increase feed yeast product awareness
- Assisting consumers in realizing the advantages of adding feed yeast to animal diets and providing advice on how best to use it
- Evaluating prospects for international market growth
- Determining which areas are seeing growth in the cattle business, then modifying offerings to suit the demands of those markets
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
China's market is poised for exceptional growth, projecting a remarkable CAGR of 5.4% through 2034. The surge is primarily attributed to the increasing demand for feast yeast in key countries. The United States dominates the feed yeast industry, surging at a CAGR of 6.4% by 2034.
Which Factors Position China as a Thriving Market for Feed Yeast?
“Growing Research and Development Activities to Surge Demand in China”
China's feed yeast market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.4% through 2034.
- Businesses are frequently investing in research and development to enhance feed additive efficacy and meet the changing demands of the livestock industry.
- In line with worldwide patterns, feed additives that are natural and sustainable are becoming increasingly popular in China.
- Trade in feed yeast is possible in China, both in terms of imports and exports.
- Due to the worldwide scope of the feed sector, foreign trade dynamics can impact China’s market participants.
- Several significant businesses in the feed additive sector are based in China and provide feed yeast products to feed manufacturers and livestock farmers. These businesses frequently compete in terms of market reach, innovation, and product quality.
Why is the United States Dominating the Feed Yeast Market?
“Rising Mergers and Acquisitions in the United States to Uplift Market”
The United States feed yeast industry is estimated to record a CAGR of 6.4% through 2034.
- The livestock business in the United States is large and diverse, encompassing aquaculture, swine, cattle, and poultry.
- The scale and growth of this business affect the need for premium animal feed, especially feed yeast.
- The United States-based livestock producers are becoming more conscious of the value of proper animal nutrition to maximize their overall health and output. This awareness influences the market for specialized feed additives, such as feed yeast.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other pertinent authorities can impose rules on the feed industry in the United States. Participants in the market must abide by these regulations.
- Mergers and acquisitions have resulted in a certain degree of consolidation in the feed additive sector, which includes feed yeast. This could influence the competitive environment and market dynamics in the United States.
Based on the product type, the spent segment is estimated to surge at a CAGR of 7.0% by 2034. Simultaneously, the poultry segment is anticipated to grow by 6.8% CAGR by 2034. Based on livestock, the ruminant segment marks its dominance in the feed yeast industry at a CAGR of 6.5% by 2034.
Why is Spent the Preferred Product Type for Feed Yeast?
“Significant Nutritional Value of Spent to Boost Sales in the Market”
Based on product type, the spent segment is expected to surge at a CAGR of 7.0% by 2034.
- Significant nutritional value, such as proteins, vitamins, and minerals, can be retained in spent yeast. As such, it might be a helpful component in formulas for animal feed.
- By decreasing waste and repurposing by-products from other industries, using spent yeast in animal feed aligns with sustainability goals.
- Adding spent yeast to animal feed formulations can be economical, as it offers a source of nutrients without requiring extra processing.
- Businesses support a circular economy strategy and lessen the environmental effect of trash disposal by reusing leftover yeast in animal feed.
- New procedures are being developed to optimize the nutritional advantages of wasted yeast in animal diets due to ongoing research and innovation in the feed business.
Why did Poultry Experience a Surge in Feed Yeast Demand?
“Rising Demand for Feed Yeast for Poultry Livestock to Surge through 2034”
Based on livestock, the poultry segment is anticipated to rise at a CAGR of 6.8% through 2034.
- Adding feed yeast to chicken feed formulations aims to enhance key performance indicators such as weight gain, feed conversion ratios, and layer egg production.
- Feed yeast is regarded as a potential substitute due to growing worries about antibiotic resistance and the phase-out of antibiotic growth promoters (AGPs) in poultry feed.
- Without using antibiotics, feed yeast can help to preserve gut health.
- A balanced, economical, and nutritious diet is necessary for efficient poultry production.
- Feed yeast can increase the financial viability of chicken raising when used sparingly in feed compositions.
- The best way to incorporate feed yeast and its derivatives into chicken diets is still being investigated in animal nutrition and poultry science research.
- Advancements in formulations and production techniques further enhance the advantages of feed yeast for poultry.
Key manufacturers' feed yeast market research is primarily focused on providing novel feed yeast products through strategic planning. In addition to innovation, top firms in the market would prioritize acquisition and commercial development strategies.
In response to the growing trend of consumers looking for wholesome feed supplements, producers are coming up with creative solutions and looking for new ways to supply animal feed manufacturers with feed yeast of a higher caliber. As the production of poultry and cattle rises globally, so does the demand for these goods.
It has increased the demand for yeast derivatives, yeast extract, and dried yeast on the international market. Manufacturers are concentrating on enhancing their manufacturing capacity, creating novel goods with the aid of research & development, and advancing technology for the worldwide market.
- In January 2023, Novus International acquired the biotech company Agrivida to develop new feed additives.
- In September 2022, Lallemand opened a new branch in Poland and standardized its presence to sell its microbial-based animal nutrition and well-being solutions directly.
- In September 2022, DSM acquired Prodap, a leading Brazil-based animal nutrition and technology company.
- In November 2018, Phileo unveiled a new line of feed yeast called Actisaf Sc 47 HR+. The product is suitable for usage with ruminants, horses, and pigs.
Feed Yeast Market Segmentation by Category
By Product Type :
- Yeast Derivatives
By Livestock :
- Aquatic Animals
- Other Livestock Animals
By Form :
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- South Asia and Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East and Africa
- FAQs -
What was the value of the feed yeast market in 2019?
The global feed yeast market was worth US$ 522.2 million in 2019.
What is the sales outlook for feed yeast in 2024?
The feed yeast sales outlook will likely be valued at US$ 678.2 million in 2024.
What is the demand forecast for yeast for animal feed in 2034?
Demand for feed yeast is projected to reach a market value of US$ 1,245.2 million in 2034.
What is the adoption growth projection for feed yeast?
The adoption of feed yeast is projected to rise at a CAGR of 6.3% through 2034.
At what rate is the market in North America predicted to grow?
North America’s market for feed yeast is predicted to expand at a CAGR of 6.6% through 2034.