Starter Feed Market in Numbers:
- Global sales of starter feed will surpass US$ 28,600 Mn in 2019. Animal welfare gained significant momentum in recent years, permeating core objectives of livestock farmers’ production strategies, such as humane farming. This coupled with, the growing popularity of fermenting livestock feed, have influenced the development and adoption of starter feed.
- Sales of medicated starter feed will remain high, in light of its ability to alleviate growth of the coccidia oocysts in young chicks, by enabling them to develop an immunity to cocciodosis. Furthermore, medicated starter feed is antibiotic-free, which is favoring its adoption particularly in United States.
- The United States will remain the leading market for starter feed market on account of steady growth of poultry industry in the region.
- South Asia is expected to be the high growth market for starter feed, with gains primarily driven by a surge in the rate of production and sales of starter crumbles, pellets and mash.
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Starter Feed Market?
- Starter feed manufacturers are increasingly focusing on offering genuinely purified and highly digestible plant proteins in their variants. This falls in line with growing end user concerns pertaining to animals’ digestive well-being, which in turn will favor the sales of starter feed.
- Rising demand for favorable alternatives to traditional feedstock ingredients has propelled manufacturers to focus on exploring the natural functional properties of widely sold protein sources, such as soybean. With a capacity to improve the value that starter feed delivers to young animals, sales of alternative protein source-based variants are likely to grow in the market. Additionally, the specialty amino acid-derived supplemented poultry starter feed fuels growth of chicks without any lethal infections.
- Crumble starter feed produced from a highly digestible extruded pellet continues to witness high demand on account of its high suitability for wide range of species. Its better digestibility, palatability and enhanced performance in terms of feed conversion rate over mash feed, has caused a seismic shift in end-user preferences.
- Formulation of non-GMO soy-free starter feed has witnessed notable advancements, as growing soy-allergic consumers opt for meat and eggs from poultry raised on soy-free diets. Substituting soy with canola and peas or linseed meal to form non-GMO soy-free starter feed for the discerning farmer’s flock is expected to create lucrative market growth opportunities.
- Growing pressure on global poultry producers to keep their birds healthy by practicing more judicious use of antibiotics has led to increased sales of medicated starter feed. Ban on the use of feed antibiotics as growth promoters in the United States has been creating a demand for rich in protein medicated starter feed for growing livestock babies in the region.
Key Challenges Faced by Stakeholders in Starter Feed Market
- Growing consumer-shift towards vegetarianism and vegan products is impeding the consumption of livestock-based products, which in turn is hampering demand for starter feed.
- Rising incidences of adding contaminants, antibiotics, and harmful ingredients in the feed that is labelled as organic, non-GMO and clean continue to make consumers hesitant towards buying starter feed.
Starter Feed Market - Competitive Landscape
Leading players continue to reign supreme in the starter feed market, collectively accounting for over 40% shares, Increased focus on offering value-added products and deliver optimum nutritional value to livestock, has led Collaboration with research scientists to enhance the starter feed quality, and frequent product launches to appeal to new and potential customers are the key strategies of these players.
The market presence of emerging players also remains portentous, accounting for nearly 40% shares. Provision of customized and customer-need specific products.
Online sales platforms continue to remain the mainstay of emerging players to increase their presence in the starter feed market. Growing number of starter feed manufacturers are targeting North America, on the back of the proliferating poultry industry, growing broiler production, and existing ban on antibiotic-containing feed in the region.
Leveraging emerging technology to prime the immune system, create ideal gut-health environment, and deliver consistent, high quality, and targeted nutrition to animals, is expected to remain a key strategy of manufacturers to gain competitive edge. An increased focus on nutritional technology to understand and unlock the real potential of raw materials will create fresh growth avenues for stakeholders.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Phytobiotics – A Key Trend
Phytobioitics are increasingly gaining interest of livestock starter feed manufacturers, as antibiotic use becomes more and more regulated in the industry. The continued pressure on starter feed manufacturers to reduce antibiotic use, especially for performance purposes, has prompted them to turn toward phytogenic feed additives.
The capacity of these natural, plant-based additives to stimulate growth via increased intake, gut well-being, antimicrobial effects, and feed conversion is reinforcing their value in the starter feed market. Additionally, growing demand for conventional- and antibiotic-free animal nutrition is accelerating the sales of phytogenics-based starter feed, which, in turn, is favoring market growth.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Starter Feed Market - Research Methodology
A realistic methodology coupled with holistic approach forms the basis of the incisive insights rendered in the starter feed market report. The Fact.MR report reckons comprehensive information on the growth prospects of starter feed market along with enthralling insights into the forecast study of the market.
Fact.MR has leveraged the research approach to arrive at the starter feed market size offered, along with other pivotal numbers, such as CAGR and revenue share of all the market segments mentioned in the report. All the information provided in the starter feed market has undergone various validation funnels, before its inclusion in the report.
Extensive primary and secondary research has been done to garner valuable insights into the forecast analysis of starter feed market. The report on starter feed market has also gone through cross-validation to ensure the delivery of accurate information to the market enthusiasts.
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.