Feed Ingredients - Critical to Production Costs
Feed ingredients account for a prominent part of the cost involved in the production of poultry- and livestock-derived goods. Owing to the continuous increase in the demand for animal feed, research and development on nutritive feed ingredients has increased. The development of sustainable feed ingredients is poised to govern the animal byproducts market during the forecast period. Depending upon consumer feedback, key players in the food and beverages industry have shown change of orientations towards organic animal produce. With the American and European regions, being at the forefront of this increasing awareness, key players will have to address their feed ingredients and supply preferences. The reduction of synthetic feed ingredients has significantly affected the feed ingredients market. This has created a prime opportunity for emerging players to enter the feed ingredients market.
Organic Trend to Create Fluctuations for Feed Ingredients
The preference of consumers towards products labeled as organic and non-GMO is evident. This trend is likely to control the feed ingredients market during the forecast period. Traction garnered by alternative feed ingredients such as agar agar has been apparent in the recent past. These changes taking place are likely to create a prominent pull towards research. Feed ingredients used in the production of cattle feed have seen changes with the introduction of probiotic enzymes. To address the health factors involved in animal food production industries, multiple maximum residue limits have been announced for animal feed ingredients. Given the pressure on the available feed resources, the animal feed industry has seen heavy investments in research and development for animal nutrition and creation of innovative functional feeds. As such, investments for feed ingredients have turned towards sustainability.
Feed Ingredients Classifying Factors
Feed ingredients are classified based on nutrient type, animal type, source, and form. On the basis of nutrient type, feed ingredients are segmented into energy sources, fat sources, protein sources, vitamin supplements, mineral supplements, and feed additives. Based on animal type, feed ingredients are classified into companion animals and productions animals. Companion animals are further classified into dogs, cats, fish, and other pet animals. Production animals are classified into cattle, poultry, swine, and goat & sheep. The sources for feed ingredients are either plant-derived or animal-derived. The available forms of feed ingredients are whole, powder, pellets, and paste. The global market for feed ingredients can be segmented into seven regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa.
Involvement of Supervisory Agencies for Feed Ingredients
Taking into account the feed management and safety concerns raised in recent years, multiple supervisory federations and agencies have been established. The International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF) has been working towards the integration and development of regional feed associations across the globe. The IFIF has collaborated with the World Organization for Animal Health and other international bodies to create regulations and standards for the supply chain for the feed industry. These standards involved will influence the feed ingredients market on the global and regional level.
The globalized trading capabilities for feed ingredients have increased in recent times. Situations involving trade agreements will impact the future trade of feed ingredients.
Feed Ingredients Market: Key Players
Except for developed regions such as North America and Europe, the feed ingredients market is fragmented into multiple local players. The sourcing of special feed ingredients and additives can be tracked towards major imports or exports. Key players in the feed ingredients market are ADM Alliance Nutrition, Perdue Farms, Feedex Companies, Cargill, Gavilon Agriculture Holdings, Co., CRS, Simmons Feed Ingredients, Inc, and Tate & Lyle, among others. These key players dominate the majority stake for specialty feed ingredients, given their high resource pool and finances.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the feed ingredients market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to the segments in the feed ingredients market, such as geography, nutrient type, animal type, source, and form.
The feed ingredients market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Feed Ingredients Market Segments
- Feed Ingredients Market Dynamics
- Feed Ingredients Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Technology in the Feed Ingredients Market
- Value Chain of the Feed Ingredients Market
Regional analysis for the feed ingredients market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (Japan, China, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report on the feed ingredients market provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per the segments of the feed ingredients market. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the feed ingredients industry
- In-depth market segmentation of feed ingredients
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of the feed ingredients market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development