IVF Devices Market
IVF Devices Market Analysis, By Product (Instruments, Accessories & Disposables, Reagents & Media), By Technology (Fresh Embryo IVF, Frozen Embryo IVF, Donor Egg IVF), End User (Hospitals, Fertility Clinics, Surgical Centers, Clinical Research Institutes) & By Region - Global Market Insights 2023-2033
Analysis of IVF Devices Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
IVF Devices Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
The global in-vitro fertilization (IVF) devices market is valued at US$ 3.12 billion in 2023 and is predicted to surge ahead at an impressive CAGR of 19% to reach a size of US$ 17.77 billion by the end of 2033.
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a type of fertilization process in which sperm and an egg are combined outside the body. It is a form of assisted reproduction technology used for gestational surrogacy and infertility therapy.
A fertilized egg is introduced in the uterus of a surrogate, leaving the infant genetically unrelated to the surrogate. The accessibility of IVF therapy is prohibited or strictly regulated in several nations, which has led to an increase in fertility tourism. IVF process is also known as assisted reproductive technology.
IVF devices are segmented into instruments, accessories & disposables, and reagents & media. IVF instruments are further classified into sperm separation systems, incubators, cryo systems, and more. The rising adoption of IVF procedures worldwide is increasing the sales of IVF instruments.
Sperm separation techniques are employed in the majority of assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs), including artificial insemination and in-vitro fertilization. Since they deliver pure samples that can be utilized in later processes, sperm separation systems are essential for assisted reproductive technologies.
The development of novel technologies for use in assisted reproductive technology procedures performed by fertility clinics and obstetrician-gynecologist (OB/GYN) practices is also fueling the growth of the IVF devices market.
- For instance, Trivector Biomed LLP unveiled the ZyMt sperm separation device in October 2020. It is a cutting-edge 'Lab-On-Chip' IVF system. For effective outcomes, separation devices are state-of-the-art labs-on-a-chip that effectively separates the healthiest, fast-developing sperm using microfluidics and micro-filtration technology.
As per several studies, the male factor contributes to over half of all cases of infertility, the creation of a revolutionary technique that does away with several potentially dangerous steps in handling sperm in the lab is a much-needed medical advancement in the IVF industry and is therefore anticipated to boost the sales of IVF ART medical devices.
Demand for accessories and disposable devices is also expected to expand at a healthy pace during the projected period as several market participants are introducing advanced disposable devices such as slides, needles, and chambers to meet sterility and regulatory standards. The rising cases of infertility in males and females and rising fertility tourism are some of the factors boosting the demand for IVF devices.
IVF Devices Market Size (2023E)
US$ 3.12 Billion
Forecasted Market Value (2033F)
US$ 17.77 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Leading Regional Market
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
What are the Growth Trends for IVF Devices across the World?
“Rising Fertility-related Issues across Regions”
As per this new industry analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, rising global infertility rates and women's postponed pregnancies are boosting the global demand for IVF devices. Worldwide, infertility affects a large rate of the population (of reproductive age).
- According to research by the World Health Organization (WHO) released in September 2020, 186 million people worldwide, including 48 million couples were experiencing infertility issues.
- 10% to 12% of couples around the world have difficulties in the fertilization process and this rate is predicted to rapidly rise over the next few years, based on the report named ‘In vitro Fertilization’ revised in May 2022.
- In the United States and Europe, IVF counts for 1.6% and 4.5% of all live births, respectively.
- Additionally, according to the same study, between 25% and 35% of infertile women are reported to experience tuboperitoneal illness, with pelvic inflammatory disease being the leading complication and low quality of semen in men accounting for the main cause of infertility in 20% of couples.
In the United States, one in eight couples struggles with infertility. More than 5 million kids worldwide have been born with IVF technology globally during the past three decades. Thus, all such aspects are expanding the demand for in-vitro fertilization services worldwide.
“Delays in Pregnancy Rates”
Over the past few years, several women are choosing to delay the age of a pregnancy (above the age of 35). Infertility is often brought on by a delayed pregnancy. Thus, such factors are increasing the demand for IVF treatment procedures.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) update from March 2022, 1 in 5 heterosexual women between the ages of 15 and 49 who have never conceived experience infertility after a year of attempting.
- Approximately one in four (26%) of the women in this category also experience difficulties in getting pregnant or bringing a pregnancy to full term (impaired fecundity).
- Multiply, an IVF technology company introduced an AI-based platform in December 2021 that is intended to replace conventional operations in IVF clinics.
“Growing Adoption of IVF Treatment Methods & Technological Advancements in IVF Devices”
Many women preserve their eggs to concentrate on their careers and have the child later. The growing reliance on IVF treatments is expected to boost the market for IVF devices. The adoption rate of in-vitro fertilization procedures is increasing due to rising spending power on healthcare.
- Technologies such as Testicular Sperm Extraction (PESA and TESE) are launched in addition to the development of improved products to raise the success rate of IVF.
- Ivy an artificial intelligence (AI) technology was created in June 2018 by an Australian scientist to help identify embryos with the best chances of becoming pregnant.
Couples with a history of losses, poor embryo quality, or low fertility are advised to use PICSI (Physiological Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection), one of the sperm selection treatments. Such, methods are expected to increase the success rate of IVF technologies.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which Factors May Hamper the Sales of IVF Devices?
“High Costs of IVF Therapies and Complications with Older Patients”
- Around the world, more than 2.5 million IVF cycles are carried out annually.
The absence of reimbursement policies, complications associated with IVF, and the high costs of IVF therapies which vary from nation to nation are some of the factors hampering the global IVF devices market growth.
The rate of older women (above 35 years of age) turning to fertility clinics for assistance is growing. Age also raises the likelihood of difficulties during pregnancy and labour.
Women over 35 years old are 2.5 times more likely than women under 35 to experience a miscarriage or stillbirth, while women over 40 are more than five times more likely than women under 35 to experience either of these events. One of the major problems for IVF devices and consumables market growth is the lowering of IVF success rates in older patients.
How are Sales of IVF Devices Faring in the United States?
“Market Driven by Presence of Well-established Fertility Clinics”
The United States currently dominates the North American IVF devices market. The increasing rate of fertility clinics and decreasing birth rates are some of the factors positively influencing IVF device sales. To shed light on in-vitro fertilization, numerous study articles have been published in the nation.
- For instance, an article titled ‘IVF in the United States - What's on offer and how much does it cost?’ published by IVF Media Ltd. in January 2021 claimed that although IVF methods and techniques are accessible in all fifty states, IVF therapy is only covered by insurance in 17 states.
- There is an IVF clinic in every state, and the US Department of Health & Human Services estimates that there are over 600,000 frozen embryos kept in the nation.
IVF is a major industry in the United States and plays a significant role. Due to the improved accessibility provided by insurance and the availability of advanced clinics, the sales of IVF devices are increasing.
- Altitude Lab launched a collaborative facility and program in August 2020. The incubator was established by Recursion and the Center for Technology & Venture Commercialization (TVC) at the University of Utah. It plays a crucial role in identifying, assisting, incubating, and advancing early-stage life science and medical businesses. Such, developments are boosting the demand for IVF equipment.
What Will Aid Manufacturers of IVF Devices to Earn More Profits in Japan?
“Increasing Efforts by Government to Reduce Infertility Rates”
The rising rate of infertility is boosting the demand for in-vitro fertilization treatment procedures & IVF consumables in the nation. The Japanese government is taking steps over the past few years to reduce cases of infertility as a means of resolving the infertility crisis which the country is currently facing.
The government of Japan enlarged the scope of the public medical insurance coverage for infertility treatments in July 2021 to cover the procedures and examinations suggested by the Japan Society for Reproductive Medicine in its recommendations.
In-vitro fertilization and surgeries to address male infertility were listed as newly covered procedures, and these modifications were estimated to take effect in the fiscal year 2022. Therefore, expanding efforts by both public and private organizations are expected to boost the sales of IVF devices in Japan.
Why is the Rate of Infertility Increasing Rapidly in Germany?
“Growing Trend of Late Family Planning”
The trend of late marriage in the nation is one of the factors driving the demand for IVF devices in Germany. As infertility is a problem that is closely tied to ageing, this tendency is increasing the number of cases of infertility.
In addition, decisions regarding having children late, high investments in IVF R&D, and increasing prevalence of fertility-related problems are factors that significantly contribute to the growth of the German market for IVF devices.
- The National Health Plan (NHP) anticipates that around 50% of the IVF treatment cost paid over three cycles is expected to promote product sales growth.
Who is the Leading End User of IVF Devices?
“Availability of Specialists & Experienced Doctors in IVF Clinics”
Fertility clinics are currently holding a significant share in the sales of IVF devices due to the rising adoption of assistive reproductive technologies and increasing infertility rates.
- According to a United Nations report titled ‘World Fertility and Family Planning 2020’, the rate of live births per woman worldwide decreased from 3.2% in 1990 to 2.5% in 2019.
- As per several studies, an estimated 2.1% of all babies born in the United States each year are the result of ART.
Also, the demand for IVF devices from fertility clinics is projected to be fueled due to the aspects such as cost-effectiveness, the presence of specialists, and the fewer chances of acquiring hospital-acquired infections.
Why is the Fresh Donor Egg IVF Technique So popular?
“High Success Rate of Fresh Donor Egg IVF Technology”
Based on technology, the IVF devices are segmented into fresh embryo IVF, frozen embryo IVF, and donor egg IVF. Patients prefer fresh donor egg IVF technology more because of its better success rates. It has emerged as the ideal method for infertile couples to conceive.
The recovered eggs are promptly fertilized with sperm in a fresh donor egg IVF cycle. By using fresh donor eggs, it is estimated that more than 36% of women will give birth and 55% may become pregnant.
Key players in the IVF devices market are producing technologically advanced IVF devices to maintain their market position and increase revenue shares. Major IVF device companies are also focusing on regional expansion by improving local supply chain management systems, changing pricing trends from region to region, and partnerships & collaborations with local IVF device providers.
- Cook Medical introduced the MINC+ benchtop incubator, a new generation product, in May 2022 in North America. It consists of the DishTrace platform, created to combine capabilities between a PC software application and an incubator touchscreen for several dish-data management solutions.
Key Segments of IVF Devices Industry Research
By Product :
- Accessories & Disposables
- Reagents & Media
By Technology :
- Fresh Embryo IVF
- Frozen Embryo IVF
- Donor Egg IVF
By End User :
- Fertility Clinics
- Surgical Centers
- Clinical Research Institutes
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- FAQs -
The global IVF devices market is valued at US$ 3.12 billion in 2023.
The IVF devices market is projected to reach US$ 17.77 billion by 2033.
Global demand for IVF devices is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 19% from 2023 to 2033.
North America currently dominates the global IVF devices market.
Cook Medical, Coppersurgical Fertility Company, and Thermo Fisher Scientific are leading companies in this market.