Low Calorie Hummus Market
Low Calorie Hummus Market Analysis Report By Ingredients (Chickpeas, Edamame, Lentil, Garlic), By Packaging (Jars, Bottles, Tubs/Cups), By Distribution Channel (B2B, B2C), By Nature (Organic, Conventional), By End Use, By Region - Global Insights 2021 To 2031
Low Calorie Hummus: Market Outlook
In recent year the consumption of hummus has grown drastically. Hummus is a native food item of middle east but now it is penetrating into North America and APAC (Asia Pacific) markets.
In Egypt, Levant and Israel, hummus is prepared normally at home which is used as a spread or a food dip. Some countries of Asian and European and U.S, still view low calorie hummus as an exotic food item, which create room for commercial production.
The increasing popularity of low calorie hummus has encouraged manufacturers of hummus to increase the production volume and focus toward applying strong marketing strategies for low calorie hummus. For instances in 2016, Strauss fresh spread & dip acquire Florentin, Dutch company use to manufacture organic products such as hummus, falafel and spreads.
This acquisition helped the Strauss and PepsiCo in dips and spread business in western Europe. Introduction of organic low calorie hummus as per the changing consumer’s preference regarding processes food is predicted to fuel up the global sales.
There is a drastic increase in sale of low calorie hummus in America because of two reason first it is convenient and second it is healthy. Low calorie hummus is consider as a healthy dip as compared to other alternative dips such as blue cheese, French onion, and sour cream.
Mostly hummus is made up of olive oil, chickpea, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini. Low-calorie hummus is not only tasty but it is a versatile food product. It is packed with nutrients and linked with many nutritional and health benefits.
Low calorie hummus contains many ingredients which reduce the risk of heart disease, reduce weight loss and maintain body weight. Low-calorie hummus is free from food allergies such as dairy, gluten, and nuts, low calorie hummus can be enjoyed by most consumers.
Innovation in Products and Improvement in Channel of Distribution is Boosting Low Calorie Hummus Market
Rising globalization, diaspora spread and tradition of hummus are helping the market to grow higher. During last decade, low calorie hummus had witness increasing global consumption rate.
The increase in income level of consumers, rising awareness of healthy foods, enhanced global supply chain are increasing numbers of hotels and restaurants and advancement of technology i.e. establishment of food delivering APPs are some more drivers of the low calorie hummus market. Changing lifestyle and preference towards artisanal food items and innovation of new flavor low calorie hummus are also aiding to the growth of the market.
Increasing concern towards health is not a new trend but its effect continues to become more noticeable shifts in today’s consumer taste and preference toward high nutritional value and as a result, it is driving consumption of healthier items such as low fat food products.
The packed food industry is seeing a marked growth in organic food adoption and free form products. In future there will be the reinvention of claims based on health and marketing strategies which will focus on shifting from functionality benefits to clear packaging, clean labels, and clean label ingredients.
Increasing retail space is one of the key positive trends in the global hummus market. Growing retail space can influence the growth of low calorie hummus in the market during forecast period.
The sale of low calorie hummus is increasing as various channel of distribution is increasing day by day. The increasing number of supermarkets and hypermarkets also leads to increase in the sale of low calorie hummus. The growth of the globally organized market will influence the growth of the global low calorie hummus market during the forecast market.
Innovation and emergence of multiple online sites and Apps will lead to increase the growth of low calorie hummus market in the forecast year. Hummus is a great source of plant-based protein and it can be consumed by both vegetarian and vegan also.
Another key driver for the growth of low calorie hummus market is rising number of new products. For instance, SAJJ Mediterranean in May 2018, launched chocolate-flavored hummus.
Company launch this product which include features such as low fat, carbohydrate and sodium. In 2018 April, Sabra dipping company launched its low calorie hummus with new flavor of jackfruit.
This new launch contains 2 grams of protein per serving and it is gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, and kosher. Thus the launch of new products with new flavors in the existing product portfolio will increase the growth of low calorie hummus market in the forecast period.
Low Calorie Hummus: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global low calorie hummus are as follows-
- Hope original recepie hummus
- Cava organic traditional hummus
- Yorgo’s original hummus
- Ithaca classic hummus
- Sabra classic hummus
- Abraham’s hummos
- Hannah hommus
- Tribe Hummus
- Cedar's Mediterranean Foods Inc.
and others. Some big hummus manufactures moving towards producing low calorie hummus either by product innovation or they are expanding their geographical boundaries by opening their processing plants.
- Sabra in 2008, had joined his hand with PepsiCo and become a partner. They both signed 50-50 agreement for the development, production and marketing of refrigerated dips and spread in United State and Canada. This partnership taken the Middle East spreads and dips, eggplants and hummus from Israel to the shelves of America’s leading chains of supermarket and into the homes of American.
- Strauss group in 2010, opened new dips and spread plant of one of the leading brand of hummus Sabra with its patener PepsiCo. They open world’s biggest and most advanced salad plant in Virginia. $70 million was invested to build this plant. This is a green plant factory and is certified under U.S Green Building Council, leadership in energy and environment design (LEED).
Low Calorie Hummus: Regional Analysis
According to regional analysis Middle East and United State hold the maximum share for its traditional value of producing hummus in Middle east region.
Rising penetration of hoteling and tourism, the high influence of media, the growing influence of diaspora are the fulling the growth of low-calorie hummus in United State. The United States holds a huge share of the global low-calorie hummus market. The demand for classic hummus is rising in North America as compared to other flavour.
The second largest market share is hold by Europe led by U.K, Turkey, Germany and France. The rapid growth of tourism industry leads to propel the markets of Asia Pacific region. It is predicted that the market will witness a shift towards Asia Pacific region led by India, Japan, and China.
The Africa and Middle East regions are expected to exhibit a high CAGR growth due to traditional popularity of hummus. The countries which holds the largest share of market in Africa and the Middle east are Kuwait, Israel, Saudi Arabia and UAE.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the low calorie hummus market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data.
It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as application, product type, form, nature, and sales channel.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Low calorie hummus market Segments
- Low calorie hummus market Dynamics
- Low calorie hummus market Size
- Low calorie hummus Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to low calorie hummus market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in low calorie hummus market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of low calorie hummus.
- Value Chain Analysis of the low calorie hummus.
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the low calorie hummus market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in low calorie hummus market
- Competitive landscape of the low calorie hummus market.
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective low calorie hummus market performance
- Must-have information for low calorie hummus market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Low Calorie Hummus: Market Segmentation
On the basis of ingredients, the global low calorie hummus market can be segmented as:
On the basis of packaging, the global low calorie hummus market can be segmented as:
On the basis of distribution channel, the global low calorie hummus market can be segmented as:
- Convenience Store
- Specialty Store
- Online Retailers
On the basis of nature, the global low calorie hummus market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the global low calorie hummus market can be segmented as:
- Food processing
- sandwich spread
- salad dressing
- Food service
- Food processing
NOTE: All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of FACT.MR.