Fact.MR has released the vacuum excavator market analysis which reveals that global demand will have year-on-year (YoY) growth of 8.5% in 2021, to reach a market valuation of US$ 725 Mn. Hydro vacuum excavators are estimated to showcase positive growth of 9% and reach a market valuation of around US$ 400 Mn in 2021, whereas air vacuum excavators are estimated to experience volume sales of 3,010 units in 2021.
Key Points Covered in Vacuum Excavators Industry Survey:
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2016-2031)
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Market Share Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact on Vacuum Excavator Demand and How to Navigate
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
Revenue Analysis of Vacuum Excavators from 2016 to 2020 Compared to Demand Outlook for 2021 to 2031
As per Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, during the historical period (2016-2020), the vacuum excavator market exhibited a downfall in growth rate at -0.5% CAGR, owing to the unprecedented event of COVID-19. The pandemic has hindered the demand-supply equilibrium due to muted end-use application industries. However, the market is set to showcase a momentous growth rate of 6.5% CAGR over the assessment period ending 2031.
Use of vacuum excavators for construction across the residential & commercial sectors, infrastructure construction, and application of vacuum excavators for roadwork are likely to augment demand over the medium- to long-term period. Also, swelling mining industry across the globe is expected to steer overall sales over the coming years.
Rise in construction activities due to soaring population may led to growth of the market. The construction industry is poised to grow at a notable rate over the coming years. Utilization of pipes in the construction industry may drive demand for vacuum excavators across prominent economies such as the U.S. and Canada.
- Global vacuum excavator market growth to 2031 is forecast at a CAGR of 6.5% with an absolute $ opportunity of US$ 670 Mn.
- East Asia is a leading region capturing more than 35% of the vacuum excavator market size in 2021, and is set to reach a market valuation of US$ 480 Mn by the end of 2031.
- The market in North America is estimated to grow 1.9X while that in Europe 2.1 X over the decade.
- The industry in South Asia & Oceania is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6% and create an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 92 Mn by the end of the forecast period.
- By type, air vacuum excavators are set to capture 45% market share and reach a market valuation of 600 Mn by 2031, gaining 130 BPS along the way.
- Demand for liquid and dry suction excavators is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 6% and create an absolute $ opportunity of US$ 300 Mn.
- Truck-mounted vacuum excavators are estimated to account for 60% market share in 2021, and hold 65% share by the end of 2031, rising at a CAGR of 7.5%.
- Demand for mini/compact vacuum excavators is projected to grow 1.9X while that for heavy vacuum excavators at 2X times during the same period.
- Under application, the construction sub-segment is estimated to grow 2X while the mining sub-segment is estimated to surge at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period.
- 3,000 – 6,000 lt. excavators are anticipated to reach a market value of US$ 230 Mn by the end of 2021, and hold a market share of 40%.
- By capacity, sales of 500 -1500 CFM excavators are poised to increase at a CAGR of 6% and reach a market value of US$ 900 Mn by 2031.
- The 60-100 HP engine capacity segment is estimated to grow 1.9X while 180- 200 HP is estimated to grow 2.3 X over the decade.
- Mining application is anticipated to reach a market value of US$ 520 Mn by the end of 2031, and hold a market share of 40%.
Which Factors are Shaping the Demand Outlook for Vacuum Excavators?
Vacuum excavators, sometimes known as industrial cleaning trucks, are used to transport slurry, solids, dry powder, and thick mud from hard-to-reach work sites. These trucks are built for tailored requirements with consumer input to operate in the most difficult dry or wet industrial liquids, cleaning applications, and sludge or slurry removal environments.
Vacuum excavators are designed to bear heavy loads for cleaning up areas and taking material for recycling and recovery, which is set to drive demand for vacuum excavators for cleaning purposes. Leading market players are continuously spending on research & development of the product so that operations could be kept simple and easy’ operated across diverse applications. These trucks are designed to provide tough performance whenever needed.
Even in poor conditions, this new type of truck continues to perform. Since they are sturdy and dependable, they are being adopted at a quick rate all across the world. Suctioning, discharging wet, displacing, and moving dry, wet, and hazardous chemicals are all possible with air vacuum mover trucks with cyclone separators built for heavy industry application.
As product modification is on the rise to be tailored as per the customized requirements of end users, the market is slated to grow 2X over the next ten years.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
What are the Key Offerings from Prominent Vacuum Excavator Manufacturers?
Majority of manufacturers are offering rental services due to high product and operation costs, which limits users from purchasing these machines. Regional government bodies are collaborating with manufacturers for rental offerings. This is encouraging suppliers to come up with new business models for better selling prospects and minimum margin leakage.
For instance, manufactures such as Vermeer and Vactor are top rental companies for vacuum excavators, providing rental offerings to consumers. Vacuum excavator rental programs provide a steady source of asset finance and cost-benefit analysis, and they benefit both, enterprises and customers.
Organizations that provide rental services are influenced by a variety of circumstances, including new project start-ups, financial limits, commercial pipe cleaning methods, and other issues. Both, manufacturers and consumers benefit economically from this facility, aiding additional revenue generation in the market.
Some manufacturers are offering the replacement of old parts and accessories so that overall cost of product replacement can be reduced. High volume application of the product can be seen in the construction industry due to wider utilization of pipelines, which makes the construction industry as prime customer for rental services.
The sewer equipment space introduced mini trucks in 2019 - the 400 Eco mini combination - which has resolved the issue for commercial licenses. The truck utilizes a 19, 500 GVWR. This compact solution is useful during emergency response for large constructors and use of vacuum excavators for municipalities.
The compact size of products enables cost-effective and flexible solutions for emergency cleaning. The facility of no commercial driver license with powerful truck combination and compact footprint is boosting the sales of truck vacuum excavators.
How is Integration of Technology Enhancing Safety and Optimizing Output of Vacuum Excavators?
Manufacturers are focusing on introduction of new technologies that are highly durable and are having center-mounted control. This can ensure working on both sides ensuring the security of the worker in traffic areas.
- For instance, Vactor Manufacturing launched its TRUVAC, a unique solution for cleaning, which provides trailer support for capacity, and may soar demand for vacuum excavator trailers.
This aids vacuum trucks in maximizing jobsite timing and increasing efficiency in transferring debris.
- Sewer Equipment introduced RAMVAC, a truck that is capable of operating in both modes - Hydro and Air.
Such continuous technological innovations are boosting market growth and are expected to create additional revenue for market players over the coming years.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Geographical Outlook of Global Vacuum Excavator Industry
During the analysis on the vacuum excavator industry, six prominent regions across the globe have been considered - North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa.
Among these six aforementioned key regions, East Asia is most dominating market holding more than 35% of global revenue share in 2021. Moreover, East Asia is set to remain in the same growth trajectory over the assessment period and is estimated to surpass a market value of US$ 470 Mn by 2031.
Europe is presumed to follow the same path and capture more than 22% of global revenue market share by 2031. Over the assessment period, Europe is expected to gain 130 BPS and the market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7% owing to higher adoption of truck vacuum excavators in the region.
North America is showcasing promising growth at 6.2%, and is estimated to surpass a market value of US$ 280 Mn. In North America, the U.S. hold nearly 80% market share but is expected to lose 75 BPS by the end of 2031.
Latin America and the Middle East & Africa are expected to witness slower growth at 5.5% and 4.5% CAGRs, respectively. Latin America is projected to surpass a market value of US$ 40 Mn, while the Middle East & Africa MEA is estimated to lose 60 BPS by 2031.
Why is China a Leading Market for Vacuum Excavators?
Demand for vacuum excavators in China is gaining momentum on the back of the flourishing mining industry. The infrastructure sector is on the rise and projects for residential & commercial construction are providing significant demand for vacuum excavators.
China is likely to surpass a market value of US$ 270 Mn by the end of 2031. Moreover, the utility & municipal domain in the country is set to fuel demand owing to widespread application of vacuum excavators.
Will the U.S. Remain a Lucrative Market for Vacuum Excavator Suppliers?
Applications across multitude avenues of construction and mining are driving the growth curve of the U.S. market, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% accounting for more than 80% of the North Americas market.
Globally, the U.S. is the largest producer of oil, which is an evident sign for vacuum excavator manufacturers and suppliers to capture the market and generate potential revenue. Also, operational efficiency, low cost, and high safety offered by vacuum degreaser is further likely to propel demand over the evaluation period.
Interested to Procure The Data
Why Does the Construction Industry Drive Most Demand for Vacuum Excavators?
The global construction industry is highly lucrative and is expected to surpass a market value of US$ 15.5 trillion by the end of 2030. The U.S is presumed to showcase exponential growth over the next decade. Whereas, having a large geographical area, China is expected to witness moderate to high growth in the construction industry.
The U.S, China, and India will lead the way and account for more than 57% market share in the global construction industry. These prominent economies are expected to uphold the growth curve of the construction sector owing to multiple ongoing infrastructural development projects.
Vacuum excavators for construction application holds a market share of close to 37% and is estimated to have a valuation of around US$ 282 Mn in 2021. As the construction industry offers ample opportunities for vacuum excavator manufacturers, the segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period.
Will the Mining Industry Emerge as a Dominating Application Vertical for Vacuum Excavators?
The mining industry has registered gradual growth in the past few decades and is set continue this growth trajectory. The industry surpassed a valuation of US$ 8 trillion, wherein, Asia Pacific accounts for almost 28% and North America holds a little over 18%.
Mounting mining industry will subsequently uphold demand for vacuum excavators, as the mining application of vacuum excavators accounts for close to 40% market share in 2021, and expected to progress at a CAGR of 6.2% through 2031.
According to the market research and analysis,
- Vermeer Vactor Manufacturing
- Ox Equipment
- Ditch Witch
- Hitech Industrial Services
- Badger Daylighting
- SEWER EQUIPMENT
Vacuum Excavator Industry Report Scope
Historical Data Available for
|Units for Volume and US$ Mn for Value|
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Market Segments Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Main Segments Covered in Vacuum Excavator Industry Research
- Hydro Vacuum Excavators
- Air Vacuum Excavators
By Material Sucked
- Liquid Suctioning Only
- Dry Suctioning Only
- Liquid and Dry Suctioning
- Trailer-mounted Vacuum Excavators
- Truck-mounted Vacuum Excavators
- Mini/Compact Vacuum Excavators
- Standard/ Full Size Vacuum Excavators
- Heavy Vacuum Excavators
- Vacuum Excavators for Construction
- Residential & Commercial Construction
- Infrastructure Construction*
- Road Construction
- Vacuum Excavators for Mining
- Vacuum Excavators for Utility & Municipal
- Vacuum Excavators for Construction
- Up to 1,000 L Vacuum Excavators
- 1,000 to 3,000 L Vacuum Excavators
- 3,000 to 6,000 L Vacuum Excavators
- 6,000 to 10,000 L Vacuum Excavators
- 500 -1500 CFM Vacuum Excavators
- 1500- 3000 CFM Vacuum Excavators
- 3000- 4500 CFM Vacuum Excavators
- 4500-6000 CFM Vacuum Excavators
- 6000-7000 CFM Vacuum Excavators
- 20-60 Hp Vacuum Excavators
- 60-100 Hp Vacuum Excavators
- 100-140 Hp Vacuum Excavators
- 140-180 Hp Vacuum Excavators
- 180- 200 Hp Vacuum Excavators
- FAQs -
The global vacuum excavator market is worth more than US$ 725 Mn at present.
Sales of vacuum excavators are projected to increase at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2021 – 2031.
Value sales of vacuum excavators witnessed decline at a CAGR of -0.5% during 2016 – 2020.
Popularity of continuous vacuum excavators is soaring nowadays owing to their high efficiency.
Growing industrial equipment market and expanding end-use industries across multitude avenues stand as the core drivers for the market.
Top 5 manufacturers of vacuum excavators account for around 20% share in the global market.
Top 5 countries driving demand for vacuum excavators are the U.S., China, Japan, U.K., and Germany.
North America accounted for over22% of global large & small vacuum excavator demand in 2020.
The European market for vacuum excavator is projected to expand at a CAGR of more than 7% during 2021 – 2031.
The United States, Germany, and China are key producers of vacuum excavators.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.