Dec 03, 2019
Veganism Boosting Demand for Non-Dairy Toppings, Asia Pacific Emerging as Lucrative Pocket, Projects Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
The toppings and fillings industry has observed multiple micro and macro level trends including consumers’ shift towards veganism which has significantly augmented the demand for non-dairy toppings. Since 2015, there has been a 600% rise in the vegan population in the U.S. while, more than 42% of people in U.K. have adopted vegan diets. Fact.MR in its latest report says that in comparison with the historical market growth for non-dairy toppings, demand is expected to increase exponentially in the short term forecast to create an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 1.3 Bn between 2019 and 2029.
Key Takeaways of the Global Non-Dairy Toppings Market
- There has been a surge in the demand for liquid non-dairy toppings which accounts for more than 55% market share and is expected to indicate a rising growth curve in non-dairy toppings market during period of forecast
- Modern stores within indirect distribution channels are a major contributor to global non-dairy toppings market and are projected to grow 2.3X times over forecast period
- Europe and Asia Pacific together hold nearly 3/5th market share of non-dairy toppings. Asia Pacific will grow at a higher CAGR than the global average
- While Europe (including western and eastern) has accounted for nearly 35% of the global non-dairy toppings demand in 2018, the demand from Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) appears to be on a roller-coaster ride, with nearly double-digit growth
- United States spending on non-dairy toppings is 1.2X as compared to Europe’s per capita spending on non-dairy toppings which is around US$ 0.50 .Moreover, per capita spending by these regions is projected to grow by 25% in next three years
- Rich Products Corporation entered the Turkish market with its new extension called Rich’s Turkey. Besides its own consumers, Turkey is a gateway to the adjacent countries such as Iraq, Iran, Syria, Azerbaijan and Bulgaria which are likely to add value to global non-dairy toppings market
“Non-dairy toppings market has been shifting towards premiumization, due to exponential increase in consumer demand for almond milk. Asia Pacific will present the highest growth potential for non-dairy toppings market, owing to a large base of lactose intolerant consumers”, says Fact.MR analyst.”
Tier 1 Players to Hold Nearly 1/3rd of Overall Non-Dairy Toppings Market in Terms of Value
Non-dairy toppings market is fragmented in nature. However tier 1 market leaders hold more than 1/3rd of market share. Market leaders including Rich Products Corporation and Conagra together hold more than one fourth of the non-dairy toppings market share. Tier 2 and Tier 3 players account for less than 10% shares individually.
The leading manufacturers in non-dairy toppings market are adopting strategies such as acquisition of domestic players and expansion of the company distribution network into emerging countries in order to escalate its sales.
For instance, in 2018, Conagra Brands acquired Pinnacle Foods for US$ 10.9 billion. This move is largely designed to tap into the growing opportunities in the frozen foods business of company which includes supply of frozen non-dairy toppings
Find More Valuable Insights on the Global Non-Dairy Toppings Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global market for non-dairy toppings, with historical data on demand (2014-2018) and expected projections for the period (2019-2029). The non-dairy toppings report discloses compelling insights into the demand for non-dairy toppings based on base ingredient i.e. soy milk, vegetable milk, almond milk, coconut milk, others; form (liquid, powder, frozen), application (bakery, confectionary, processed fruits, frozen desserts, beverages and others), type (whip cream, pouring cream, spooning and others) and distribution channel: direct & indirect (modern stores, specialty food stores, E-commerce and others) across 7 key regions and 22 + countries.
>>> To get more information on non-dairy toppings market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/646/non-dairy-toppings-market
About The Food & Beverage Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Fact.MR helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.