Over 40% of Global Organic Milk Demand to be stimulated by Skimmed Milk Category: Fact.MR
Published : 14 Dec 2021 Industry: Food & Beverage
The organic milk market revenue is expected to total US$ 150 Mn for 2021, according to Fact.MR. The overall organic milk market is expected to reach US$ 281.8 Mn by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% for 2021-31. Increasing demand for clean-label and naturally sourced milk and milk products is primarily driving sales for the forthcoming decade.
From 2016 to 2020, sales of organic milk experienced an increase at a CAGR of 5%. During the COVID-19 pandemic, demand further accelerated, attributed to a major tilt towards consuming foods free from any additives or artificial preservatives, the objective being strengthening overall immunity. The ever-growing health concerns and heightened focus on well-being have spurred more attention to organic labels and certifications, which in turn has increased the use of organic milk in the market.
The use of organic milk and its derivatives has been a concern for consumers who are cautious about their food products. The low cholesterol content of skimmed organic milk continues to be a significant factor contributing to its popularity, particularly among consumers who seek to reduce their fat intake.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- By product type, skimmed organic milk to account for 45% of global revenue until 2031
- Sales of organic cow milk are anticipated to rise at a CAGR of 5% from 2021-2031
- Over 1/3rd of organic milk packages sold are likely to be in tetra packs across the forecast period
- U.S to remain the fastest growing organic milk market, registering a CAGR of 7%
- U.K to register substantial organic milk sales, flourishing at a CAGR of 5.5%
- China & India to collectively register a growth rate of 11% with respect to organic milk demand
“Mass production of organic milk will increase in the future due to the high demand for organic products and healthy consumption awareness among consumers”, says a Fact.MR analyst.
Through strategic collaboration, manufacturers can increase production, meet consumer demand and increase sales. The advent of new packaging technology and methods will enable end-users to benefit from packaging that is organic by nature. An effective strategic partnership can increase production capacity for the company.
- In May 2021, Ehrmann acquired FrieslandCampina’s dairy business. With this acquisition, Ehrmann will be able to enter the Russian dairy market and expand its business. It will also help the company to enhance its customer base and meet their demands.
- In March 2021, Maeil Dairies Australia acquired Corio Bay Dairy Group’s whole dairy processing unit. With this acquisition, Maeil Dairies will be able to improve its export business and launch its products in the Asian market. It will also help them to generate more revenue than the previous years.
More Insights Available
Fact.MR's, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the flavour enhancers market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics from 2021 to 2031.
The study divulges essential insights on the market based on product type (skimmed milk, whole milk and partly skimmed milk), source (cow, buffalo and other sources), packing type (pouches, cans, bottles, tetra packs and bulk packs), pasteurization type (high temperature, short time (HTST) method, ultra-pasteurization/ (UP) and vat pasteurization), distribution channel (HoReCa, specialty stores, modern trade, convenience stores, e-Retailers, and other distribution channel) and flavor type (non-flavored and flavored) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Food & Beverages
Our food and beverages consulting team guides organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how the latest influencers account for operational and strategic transformation in the food & beverage sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends impacting the global food and beverages industry provides indispensable insights and support – encasing a strategic perspective that helps you identify critical issues and devise appropriate solutions.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Nandini Roy Choudhury
Sr. Consultant – Food and Beverages