Kick bucket is a common term used for a medical receptacle. Kick buckets are usually made of stainless steel, and are mounted on wheels. The bucket and the wheel framework is also available in the market separately. It is called a kick bucket due to the concept that the bucket is generally moved around the operating room using the foot. This is possible because the bucket is mounted on wheels. The kick bucket is used during a surgical procedure for the disposal of a number of pliable and disposable articles, such as sponges that are used to absorb blood or fluids during the procedure. At the end of the procedure, a nurse counts the number of sponges in the bucket to ensure that all the sponges are accounted for.
These kick buckets are available in different sizes, such as 12 qt US, 13 qt US, and 8.5 qt US. Kick buckets can be broadly classified by type, such as kick buckets with lids and kick buckets without lids. The wheel framework of the kick bucket is also available separately. The number of wheels attached to the framework varies based on the design of the bucket. It may have 3, 4 or 5 wheels.
A number of factors that support the growth of healthcare infrastructure, such as increased healthcare spending, are driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, the increased number of surgical procedures along with the rising patient pool, worldwide, further aids the growth of the kick bucket market. However, alternatives to surgeries hinder market growth.
The kick bucket market is highly fragmented due to the presence of a number of small- and large-scale companies offering kick bucket products. Some of the manufacturers that offer kick bucket products include Cardinal Health, Hygitech, Francehopital SAS, Fazzini, Hammerlit, Alvo Medical, Mopec Europe, Ltd., medifa GmbH & Co. KG, and MarketLab, Inc., among others.
Kick Bucket Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increased healthcare spending and increased number of surgical procedures owing to the rising patient pool, globally, are driving the growth of the kick bucket market. Increasing and improving healthcare infrastructure along with the increasing number of hospitals, worldwide, are also driving the growth of the kick bucket market. The increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries and other alternatives that do not require surgical procedures may hinder market growth, slightly.
Kick Bucket Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global kick bucket market can be segmented on the basis of product type, end user, and geography.
Based on type, the global kick bucket market is segmented as:
- With Lid
- Without Lid
Based on end user, the global kick bucket market is segmented as:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Kick Bucket Market: Overview
The global kick bucket is expected to witness moderate growth over the forecast period. Kick buckets are broadly classified based on type, such as kick buckets with lids and kick buckets without lids. End users of kick buckets are hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. Companies that offer kick buckets are slowly moving their focus from local sales to sales in other regions for the expansion of geographic reach.
Kick Bucket Market: Regional Outlook
North America dominates the kick buck market, due to the large number of hospitals and sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, followed by Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a substantial rate, due to the presence of a number of local manufacturers as well as improving healthcare facilities in the region.
Kick Bucket Market: Key Players
The global market for kick buckets is highly fragmented. Examples of some of the key players that offer kick bucket products include Cardinal Health, Hygitech, Francehopital SAS, Fazzini, Hammerlit, Alvo Medical, Mopec Europe, Ltd., medifa GmbH & Co., and KG, MarketLab, Inc., among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic Countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development