Bismaleimides are yellow-colored resins that exhibit thermosetting properties, which are used in development of molds, adhesives or high-performance composites. Bismaleimides show resistance to radiations and flames as well as emit less smoke and toxicants. Bismaleimides also provide good resistance to various solvents. Bismaleimides are widely used in industrial applications as they have good mechanical properties, offer toughness to the material, resistance to moisture, good thermal performance and are resistant to various chemicals. The bismaleimides due to their thermosetting properties are used to improve curing property in elastomers, natural rubber and butadiene rubber. The high performance composites using resin system of bismaleimides for rear suspension are exposed to heated exhausts in motor sports. Bismaleimides provide good performance at high temperatures compared to its alternative materials such as epoxy resins and cyanate esters. Bismaleimides have a high heat resistance property, which has enabled their use in developing industries such as defense and aerospace. Bismaleimides have applications in the electrical and electronic component industry in making of insulating materials and printed circuit boards. Potting compounds used for resisting shocks and vibrations are also composed of bismaleimides for resisting the attack of moisture and corrosion causing agents.
Application of bismaleimides in growing sectors such as aerospace and defense is expected to drive the growth of the market for bismaleimides. Good functional properties of bismaleimides such as thermal and moisture resistance compared to their alternative materials is expected to provide bismaleimides a good scope of growth in the market for bismaleimides. The application of bismaleimides in the rubber industry is also expected to help the growth of the market, in terms of sale. The use of bismaleimides in the composites of motor sport vehicles would help the sale of bismaleimides in other automotive vehicles. The use of bismaleimides in electrical and electronic components is expected to drive the demand for bismaleimides due to growing electrical industry across the globe. Bismaleimides show good functional properties in hot as well as wet weather conditions, such as heat and moisture resistance, which is expected to help in the market growth. However, the high cost of bismaleimides is expected to restrain the market growth. Bismaleimides can increase the brittleness of the materials, which is expected to hamper their sale. Alternatives such as benzoxazines is expected to affect the adoption of bismaleimides in the aerospace industry. Latin America is expected to have moderate growth in the automotive, electrical and rubber industries, owing to which the market for bismaleimides is expected to show slower growth rate.
The bismaleimides market is segmented on the basis of their applications and end user industry as give below:
- Thermosetting Polyamide Resins
- Insulating Materials
- Potting Compounds
- High temperature Resin Systems
- Printed Circuit Boards
By End-Use Industry:
- Electrical and Electronic Components
The automobile sector in North America is expected to have high growth in the coming years. The region also has shown good sale of electrical and electronic components and the aerospace and defense sector is also growing, which will provide a good platform for the growth of bismaleimides market in the region. China and Japan have shown a good growth in their automotive as well as electrical and electronic component industries, which can help in the growth of the bismaleimides market. Middle East and Africa is expected to have moderate growth in the automotive industry, which is expected to drive the demand for bismaleimides up to a certain extent. Europe has shown a notable growth in the automotive industry in the past few years. The electrical and electronic components industry is also growing in Europe, which will be a good platform for the growth of the bismaleimides market.
List of Key Participants
Examples of some of the key participants involved in the bismaleimides market are:
- Evonik Industries AG.
- ABR Organics Limited.
- HOS-Technik Vertriebs-und Produktions GmbH.
- Merck KGaA.
- Cytec Solvay Group.
- Huntsman International LLC.
- Hexcel Corporation.
- Renegade Materials Corporation.
- Atul Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development