Global LED Power Supplies Market: Introduction
The proper functioning of LEDs requires either a constant voltage supply or a constant current supply. The power sources for LEDs are also known as LED power supplies. Constant current drivers/LED power supplies require fixed current and will vary the voltage depending on the load of LED. The constant voltage driver/LED power supply will fix the voltage of the system and add the LED loads in parallel across the output of the driver till the output currents reach their maximum limit. So as to ensure that LEDs are not over driven, most LEDs need a current limiting device. This current resistor is used to maintain the current flow to the LEDs to maximize their lifetime and ensure their safe running. If the current is not regulated, the LED will draw too much current and heat up, resulting in a change in its electrical characteristics. This overdraw of current will result in a fluctuation in the brightness of LED, which will eventually lead to the failure of the light. Hence, LED power supplies are important for the proper working of LEDs. LED lights that have constant current drivers or resistors already within the system can be powered with the usage of a constant voltage power supply.
Global LED Power Supplies Market: Drivers and Challenges
There is an increase in the demand for LED lights in the commercial and retail sectors so for the safe functioning of these LED lights there is an increase in the demand for LED power supplies. Therefore, the increasing demand for LED lights is a major factor driving the growth of the LED power supplies market. LED power supplies are highly efficient and highly reliable and some LED power supplies are manufactured in compliance with International Protecting standards, i.e. these LED power supplies are waterproof and dustproof, making them suitable for outdoor usage as well.
Some of the LED power supplies do not deliver full power at higher temperatures, which is one of the major drawbacks restraining the growth of the LED power supplies market. Some of the LED power supplies are not designed for outdoor locations and thus, require an extra cost for waterproof enclosure, which is another factor hindering the growth of the LED power supplies market.
Global LED Power Supplies Market: Segmentation
The LED power supplies market can be segmented on the basis of type, industry and region.
The LED power supplies market segmentation by type,
- Constant Current
- Constant Voltage
The LED power supplies market segmentation by industry,
- Commercial & Retail
- Other outdoor
Global LED Power Supplies Market: Competition Landscape
In November 2017, AC Electronics announced a new partnership with WPG Americas Inc., an electronic components manufacturer. WPG Americas Inc. has long-term customer relationships in the LED driver market and hence, both companies together will become a fast and reliable source for complete LED driver/module systems.
Key vendors in the LED power supplies market include Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Mean Well Enterprises Co. Ltd, Jameco Electronics, AC Electronics, Amperor Inc. and Salcomp Plc.
Global LED Power Supplies Market: Regional Outlook
The LED power supplies market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, CIS & Russia, Japan, APEJ, and Middle East & Africa.
Europe region is anticipated to show a significant growth of LED power supplies during the forecast period due to stringent government regulations. The German government has plans to reduce carbon emissions by 40% by 2020, as a result the demand for LED lighting will increase contributing towards the LED power supplies market growth.
The APEJ region is anticipated to exhibit high growth of LED power supplies during the forecast period due to high adoption of LED lights in this region.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- LED power supplies Market Segments
- LED power supplies Market Dynamics
- LED power supplies Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- LED power supplies Market Size & Forecast 2018 to 2028
- LED power supplies Value Chain
- LED power supplies Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- LED power supplies Competition & Companies involved
- LED power supplies Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for LED power supplies market includes development in the following regions,
- North America LED power supplies market
- Latin America LED power supplies market
- Rest of LatAm
- Europe LED power supplies market
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia LED power supplies market
- Japan LED power supplies market
- APEJ LED power supplies market
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa LED power supplies market
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts & industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development