Soft tissue markers are important for the evaluation of aneuploidy, which includes fetal pyelectasis, thickened nuchal fold, echogenic intracardiac focus, choroid plexus cyst, ventriculomegaly or prostate, liver, pancreas, lung, and breast. Soft tissue markers can be detected by MRI, ultrasound and digital mammography imaging. Soft tissue markers are available in different types, i.e., metallic pellet, clips, hook wires, and radioactive seeds. Soft tissue markers are cylindrical in shape, which enables it to easily penetrate into the body with the help of a needle. Maximum soft tissue markers are made up of Gold as it is very less reactive and prohibit migration. Soft tissue markers are mostly used in Down syndrome and cancer treatment procedures. Soft tissue markers provide higher visibility, accuracy, greater stability in tissues. Soft tissue markers reduce bending problems associated with the injection process. Soft tissue markers can be delivered into the body through a needle, cannula or trocar. Soft tissue markers are less invasive for patients, with better contrast media, versatility and cost reduction.
Soft Tissue Markers Market: Drivers and Restraints
The increasing application of diagnostic imaging is expected to drive the growth of the market. Rapid turnaround time and lower cost of the procedure as compared to conventional methods are factors also expected to fuel the growth of the soft tissue markers market. Soft tissue markers were designed for high reliability and robust materials which can be easily replaceable. The demand for Soft tissue markers is very high and the supply is very less from the soft tissue marker manufacturers. Soft tissue markers are usually seen in infants with chromosomal abnormalities and this can be detected during the second-trimester ultrasound. Soft tissue markers placed in the lung may have a complication called pneumothorax or collapsed lung and skin penetration, which can also cause infection. The restraining factors of the global soft tissue markers market are invasive nature of certain soft tissue markers, the high cost of gold and misplacement or migration to other body areas.
Soft Tissue Markers Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the soft tissue markers market can be segmented on the basis of material type, shape, and end users.
Based on the material type, the soft tissue markers market is segmented as:
- Metallic pellet
- Hook wires
- Radioactive seeds
Based on shape, the soft tissue markers market is segmented as:
Based on end users, the soft tissue markers market is segmented as:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Radiology Centers
- Endoscopy Facility
Soft Tissue Markers Market: Overview
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration survey in 2016, stereotactic breast biopsy is growing at a rate of 25% per year. Over 370,000 clips were deployed in the U.S. Soft tissue markers are economical and reliable. The maximum demand for soft tissue markers is from clinics and radiology centers. Awareness of this product across the globe is very less. The increasing number of patient visits for diagnostic imaging and the growing demand for soft tissue markers exhibits lucrative growth opportunities for the companies investing in the soft tissue markers market.
Soft Tissue Markers Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global soft tissue markers market is segmented into regions, viz. North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific excluding Japan, and the Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe exhibit healthy growth in terms of revenue due to increased awareness of conducted diagnostic imaging as a part of the routine checkup. The lower cost of the procedure as compared to other alternative treatments and low risk associated with the procedure are the other factors boosting the growth of the soft tissue markers market in the regions. The developing cluster of the U.S and Asia is likely to gain momentum in late 2020.
Soft Tissue Markers Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the players identified in the soft tissue markers market are CIVCO Medical Solutions, Medtronic plc, Prince Izant Company, IZI Medical Products, Stellar Medical, JRT Associates, Sonavex, Kent Medical Devices, Inc., and Naslund Medical AB.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America ( Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, France, BENELUX, Nordic Countries, Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (India, Australia & New Zealand, Greater China, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- CIS & Russia
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development