Motorcycle Riding Gloves Market
Motorcycle Riding Gloves Market By Glove Type (Roll Finger, Negative Cut, Flat Palm, Hybrid Cut), By Buyer Type (Individual, Institutional, Promotional), By Sales Channel & By Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Motorcycle Riding Gloves Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Motorcycle Riding Gloves Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
In 2023, the global motorcycle riding gloves market stands at US$ 115 million and is forecasted to reach US$ 154.9 million by the end of 2033. Global demand for motorcycle riding gloves is forecasted to increase at a CAGR of 3% over the next ten years.
Motorcycles have evolved drastically in the past years and the growing number of motorcycle riders around the world is estimated to promulgate the sales of motorcycle riding safety gear as well.
- Implementation of stringent road safety mandates for motorcycle riders around the world is projected to boost the demand for motorcycle riding protective gear such as riding gloves, helmets, knee guards, etc.
Surging sales of motorbikes, growing popularity of sports bikes, rising awareness regarding road safety, high incidence of road accidents involving motorcycles, and increasing per capita disposable income are other influential aspects that could potentially alter the demand for biker gloves over the coming years. The high availability of affordable sports bikes and growing launches of innovative and advanced motorcycle riding gear could open up new avenues of opportunity for bike rider glove manufacturers.
On the flip side, increasing prices of motorcycles and high costs of motorcycle riding safety gear are anticipated to dent motorcycle riding glove demand growth in the future. The heavy nature of motorcycle riding safety equipment is another factor that restrains market development at present and is slated to continue to do so through 2033.
The scarcity of affordable biking gloves and other motorcycle riding gear has created a new window of opportunity for new as well as established motorcycle riding glove companies.
- Start-ups can launch affordable products and gain a substantial market share in the global landscape while promoting them with unique marketing strategies.
Motorcycle Riding Gloves Market Size (2023)
US$ 115 Million
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 154.9 Million
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Independent Sports Outlets Segment Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Roll Finger Goalkeeper Gloves Segment Market Value (2022)
US$ 25 Million
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Which Regional Market is Leading the Demand for Motorcycle Riding Apparel?
“Asia Pacific to Account for Authoritative Share in Global Market”
The APAC region accounts for towering sales of motorcycles in the world and this is projected to primarily influence demand for bike rider gloves and other motorcycle riding apparel over the coming years. India and China are estimated to spearhead the demand for motorcycle riding protective gear such as leather riding gloves, helmets, riding jackets, etc.
Rapid urbanization is also a key factor that is projected to bolster sales of motorcycle riding gloves across all Asian countries over the next ten years. Rising sales and popularity of electric bikes and motorcycles is also a key aspect that is anticipated to influentially alter motorcycle riding glove demand by the end of the forecast period.
The growing working women population in the aforementioned economies is forecasted to bolster sales of women’s motorcycle gloves over the next ten years. The rising popularity of retro and vintage bikes is also predicted to benefit shipments of retro motorcycle gloves and vintage bike gloves in Asian countries in the future. Waterproof riding gloves, summer motorcycle gloves, and affordable sports gloves are also expected to be popular products in the Asia Pacific region through 2033.
Key trends such as supply chain management, product standards, new developments, pricing trends, and safety regulations affecting regional market growth have been discussed extensively in this newly updated motorcycle riding gloves market research analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Why is Japan a Bankable Market for Motorcycle Riding Glove Suppliers?
“Increasing Disposable Income and Presence of Key Motorcycle Manufacturers”
Japan is home to motorcycle companies such as Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki, which contribute nearly 1/4 of worldwide shipments of motorcycles at present. These motorcycle manufacturers also create motorcycle riding protective gear and hence make Japan an attractive market for products such as biker gloves, helmets, jackets, etc.
Rising per capita disposable income and changing consumer preferences are also anticipated to affect sales of motorcycle riding gloves in Japan over the next ten years. Revision of road safety mandates, increasing incidence of road accidents, and a high number of moped and motorcycle riders are other factors that are forecasted to shape market development in the future.
What Makes Europe a Profitable Regional Market?
“Presence of Advanced Manufacturing Facilities in the Region”
European countries are home to some of the prominent manufacturing facilities in the world and this is a key factor that is projected to influence the sales and development of motorcycles in this region and indirectly affects motorcycle riding gloves market growth as well. Germany, France, Italy, and the United Kingdom are projected to be prime markets in this region.
- As per the statistics provided by the European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers (ACEM), registrations of motorcycles in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Spain witnessed an increase of 14.6% in the first three months of 2022.
Increasing registrations of new motorcycles are predicted to uplift the demand for biker gloves in European countries. Growing focus on sustainability, implementation of stringent safety mandates, high availability of novel motorcycle riding safety gear, and growing motorcycle ownership are other prospects that could benefit sales of biker hand gloves through 2033.
Which Country Accounts for Substantial Share in the North American Industry?
“United States to Account for Significant Motorcycle Riding Glove Sales”
Sales of motorcycles have been increasing steadily in the United States in the past few years and this trend is anticipated to primarily influence shipments of motorcycle riding gloves over the coming years. Motorcycles are mostly used for recreational purposes in the country and cruiser bikes are highly preferred and popular among Americans.
- Harley Davidson, an American motorcycle manufacturer, accounts for nearly 30% of all sales in the country at present and influentially shapes the demand for motorcycle riding gloves.
- The state of California in the United States has been witnessing a notable hike in new motorcycle registrations and is seen as a highly attractive market for motorcycle accessories such as leather riding gloves, helmets, jackets, etc.
Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, and Florida are some other states where motorbike riding glove demand could flourish over the next ten years.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which Medium Accounts for High Motorcycle Riding Glove Sales?
“Independent Sports Outlets to Account for Commanding Market Share”
Based on sales channel, the market for motorcycle riding gloves is segmented into independent sports outlets, franchised sports outlets, modern trade channels, direct to customer brand outlets, direct to customer online channels, direct to customer institutional channels, and third-party online channels.
Independent sports outlets are estimated to lead global motorcycle riding glove sales across the forecast period owing to the rising number of retail outlets around the world. Availability of affordable motorcycle riding gear and increasing consumer spending potential are other prospects that are projected to bolster shipments of motorcycle riding gloves in independent sports outlets over the next ten years.
Custom motorcycle gloves and heated motorcycle gloves are products that are anticipated to witness a hike in popularity through independent sports outlets in the future.
Top-tier motorcycle riding glove vendors are focusing on hastening the launch of new and innovative products that help them maximize their business potential and increase their earning potential.
- In December 2022, Ubike, a French gear and equipment manufacturer, announced the launch of its new gloves that are highly suitable for winter use. The cold-weather motorcycle gloves are called Ural and are made from water-repellant, thermal, abrasion-resistant softshell fabric.
- In April 2022, RST, a British motorcycle gear and apparel brand, announced the launch of its Roadster 3 Retro-Style gloves. The newly launched gloves had retro styling but were capable of providing high-end protection as per modern safety standards.
- In December 2021, Steelbird Hi-tech India announced the launch of its new motorcycle riding gloves that were available in full-finger and half-finger options. The company had claimed that these new gloves were touchscreen-friendly and are made with anti-skid fabric that provides a better grip.
Key motorcycle riding glove manufacturers are also focusing on partnerships and collaborations to help them widen their business scope and increase their profitability.
- In December 2022, Tucker Powersports, a leading distributor of powersports products, announced an exclusive agreement for the distribution of the Dainese motorcycle product line in the United States. Motorcycle riding armor, boots, jackets, biking gloves, etc., are some of the few Dainese products that were made available under this agreement.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Motorcycle Riding Gloves Industry Research
By Glove Type :
- Roll Finger
- Negative Cut
- Flat Palm
- Hybrid Cut
By Buyer Type :
By Sales Channel :
- Independent Sports Outlets
- Franchised Sports Outlets
- Modern Trade Channels
- Direct to Customer Brand Outlets
- Direct to Customer Online Channels
- Direct to Customer Institutional Channels
- Third-party Online Channels
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global motorcycle riding gloves market stands at US$ 115 million in 2023.
Sales of motorcycle riding gloves are projected to reach US$ 154.9 million by 2033-end.
Worldwide motorcycle riding glove shipments are extrapolated to rise at 3% CAGR through 2033.
Sales of motorcycle riding gloves in Asia Pacific are projected to account for an authoritative market share in the global industry.
Dainese S.p.A, Olympia Gloves, Held GmbH, and PUMA SE. are leading motorcycle riding glove manufacturers.