Introduction of Durometer Market
Durometers are devices which are used for the measuring the hardness of the materials such as rubbers, elastomers, polymers. The device i.e. durometer tests the depressions of different materials which is measured by applying a defined force. The depth of the depression reflects the hardness of the material. Different materials such as plastics, metals, rubber, fabrics and foams are measured using different types of scales of hardness such as type A and type C. for example type A scale measures soft plastic materials while type D scale is used to measure hard plastics.
There are a number of testing standards and units such as the Brinnell scale, the Rockwell scale and Leeb rebound hardness level, for example to measure the foam hardness or soft plastics Shore A and Shore S are used. Moreover durometers are also called as Shore durometers due to their popularity. Also to check the hardness of very thin and small materials or may be while measuring small regions of a sample micro hardness testing is performed which is another type to check the hardness of the samples. With the technology advancement the manufactures have manufactured hand held portable and compact durometers which are digital and equipped with internal memory which will take the measurements with accuracy and in minimum possible time.
Factor driving the Durometers Market
Durometers market is primarily driven by the technological advancements and digitization. The devices are used to measure the cushions of the wheel chairs, medical pads, injection seals with silicon septas, rubber stoppers which are used in laboratories, also they are used in minimally invasive devices and many more devices. With the increasing number of geriatric population and prevalence of diseases around the world manufacturing of new devices and techniques are driving the market as the new techniques are highly accurate, more efficient and take less time.
The digital durometer takes the measurements without the use of cables, has an internal memory which saves the data and with the features such as USB interface can transfer the data into another device. Moreover with the increase in the laboratory activates there has been a significant adoption of durometers.
Know More Details About the Report
Regional Market Outlook
Geographically, Durometers market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa and Japan. The market in North America is expected to dominate the Durometers globally followed by Europe, North America is the dominant Durometers market due to the technological advancements and increasing research and development, laboratory procedures. Moreover in regions such as North America and Europe the hospitals and surgical centers opt for new technological methods to improve the treatment methodology due to strict regulations for patient care and safety, the durometers check the depression of the material to check its hardness .
The market of durometer in Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a higher rate with its increased acceptance and growing geriatric population who require advanced and accurate products. In addition, Asia pacific regions will grow due to rising healthcare expenditure in order to increase the patient compliance which will further increase the growth of the durometer market. With the availability of devices and instruments in regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America the market of durometers is going to further spur revenue growth during the forecast period.
Some of the major players identified in Durometers Market are PTC Instruments, Rex Gauge Company, Inc., , TECLOCK Corporation, IMADA, Incorporated, Hildebrand Prüf- und Meßtechnik GmbH, INSIZE CO., LTD, Buehler, Elcometer Limited, PCE Deutschland GmbH, Mitutoyo America Corporation, ZwickRoell , Struers, INNOVATEST Europe BV and Shimadzu Corporation. Also they are mainly focused to strengthen the core competencies of their product portfolio.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Durometers Market by target areas, Product type, end user and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by method type, end user and country segments
- Durometers market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Durometers market system market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Durometers Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of device, cost of the test, specificity and sensitivity
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, Channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
Durometers Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global Durometers Market has been segmented on the basis of Product type, Application, End User and geography.
Based on Product Type, the global Durometers Market is segmented as:
- TYPE A Durometer - Soft rubber, plastics, polyurethane
- TYPE B Durometer - Harder elastomers & plastics, Paper & fibrous, thermoplastic
- TYPE C Durometer - Medium hard elastomers and plastics
- TYPE D Durometer - Hard rubber & plastics , flooring
- TYPE DO Durometer - granular material
- TYPE O Durometer - soft elastomers
- TYPE OO Durometer - sponge rubber gels, Light foams
- TYPE OOO Durometer - Ultra soft gels and sponge rubber
- TYPE M Durometer - thin materials such as rubber (not less than 1.25mm thick)
- Others - cellular material, gel-like, foam rubber and sponge rubber
Based on Application, the global Durometers Market is segmented as:
- Medical pads
- Wheel chair cushions
- Wound Threads
- Implants ( such as breast Implants)
Based on End User, the global Durometers Market is segmented as:
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Long-term care centers
Based on Region, the global Durometers Market is segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding China and Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The Rise of Intelligent Packaging
Personalized, Connected and Sustainable
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.