Analytical instrument manufacturers are focusing on providing testing laboratories with protocols for sample preparation, method development and establishing GLP for testing of cannabis. Some of the manufacturers now offer dedicated cannabis analyzers such as HPLC and UHPLC devices for optimized compound isolation and quantitative analysis of cannabis.
The cannabis analyzers are available as both bench top as well as portable. MyDx was one of the first portable chemical analyzers developed with consideration of affordability as well as accuracy. The portable cannabis analyzers are available at lowest price of about $650-700. Some of the component that cannabis analyzers measure are THC, CBD, Terpenes, and pesticides. Portable cannabis analyzers are the most suited for on-site testing thereby increasing their chances of passing state sanctioned testing. Furthermore, these cannabis analyzers can be used by any person regardless to skill-set. However factors such as lack of standardization throughout the industry is a challenge that may hinder the growth of the cannabis analyzers market during the forecast period. Some of the end users for cannabis analyzers include consumers, regulators, laboratories, and growers & producers.
Manufacturers such as Sage Analytics have partnered with companies such as Allied Scientific Pro for the development of cannabis analyzers. Sage has set an example for the cannabis analyzers market by adapting FDA-approved technology used in pharmaceutical industry to test marijuana potency. The cannabis analyzers developed by Sage can replace or augment current testing methodologies that are expensive and have a number of drawbacks related to small batch testing.
Cannabis Analyser Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing applications of cannabis in medicine along with the legalization of medical marijuana in North American Countries support the growth of the cannabis analyzers market. Concerns regarding the quality of cannabis due to contamination with a number of chemical agents such as pesticides is driving the growth of the cannabis analyzers market. However, high cost of bench top devices may hinder the growth of the cannabis analyzers market.
Cannabis Analyser Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global Cannabis Analyzer market can be segmented on the basis of product type, modality, end user and geography.
Based on product type, the global Cannabis Analyzer market is segmented as:
- Chromatography Based Cannabis Analyzer
- Spectroscopy Based Cannabis Analyzer
Based on modality, the global Cannabis Analyzer market is segmented as:
- Bench Top Cannabis Analyzer
- Portable Cannabis Analyzer
Based on End User, the global Cannabis Analyzer market is segmented as:
- Growers & Producers
Cannabis Analyser Market: Overview
The global Cannabis Analyzer market is expected to witness moderate growth over the forecast period. The cannabis analyzers market is expected to flourish in the next few years due to the legalization of medical marijuana. The cannabis analyzers can be broadly classified into chromatography based cannabis analyzers and spectroscopy based cannabis analyzers. Cannabis analyzers are used by growers and producers for maintain the quality of their product as well as by researchers working on identification of therapeutic applications of cannabis.
Cannabis Analyser Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global Cannabis Analyzer market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America is expected to be a dominant region in the global Cannabis Analyzer market, owing to various technological advancements, high awareness of the general public, and legalization of marijuana. Europe Cannabis Analyzer Market is expected to follow North America with the legalization of cannabis for medical use.
Cannabis Analyser Market: Key Players
The global Cannabis Analyzer market is highly fragmented. Examples of some of the key players operating in the global Cannabis Analyzer market are Cannabi-Tech, PerkinElmer, LabX, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, MyDx, Inc., LightWave Science, Inc., Orange Photonics, Inc., QUANTUM ANALYTICS, and Allied Scientific Pro among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic Countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development