Small Motors Market – Key Insights
- The small motors market registered a CAGR of 1.2% during the period 2012 to 2016.
- Sales of small motors close in on revenues worth US$ 8.8 Bn in 2018, and are expected to grow at a sluggish CAGR of just over 1.0% through 2026.
- Small motor sales have been relatively larger in North America as compare to other regional markets, which can be attributed to rising requirement for strong communication infrastructures in the region.
- DC power supply continues to remain preferred for small motors worldwide. Sales of small motors working on DC power supply are expected to bring in revenues over of US$ 6 Bn in2019.
- Small motors sales have traditionally witness the largest sales in consumer electronics, expected to surpass US$ 2 Bn in 2019.
Which are the Growth Drivers of the Small Motors Market?
- Elimination of additional accessories that are used in conventional motors, is a key attribute of small motors that has been driving their sales in recent years. In addition, the upward trend of miniaturization in the electronics industry has been significantly complementing adoption of small motors.
- Compliance of small motors with automation standards has meant that sales of these compact and effective power transmission equipment will witness promising demand in the near future.
- Rising demand for small motors as compared to their conventional counterparts, on account of their high efficiency, longer life, and low replacement costs in the medical equipment is anticipated to influence growth of the small motors market.
- The paradigm shift in consumer preference for compact devices has encouraged manufacturers to adopt small motors, which is estimated to influence the sales prospects of small motors.
- Relatively lower power consumption and cost-effective nature of small motors have led its adoption across industries, who are in constant seek for effective energy optimization methods.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Challenges Impacting the Growth of the Small Motors Market?
- Changing taxation policies associated with raw materials have led to price fluctuations, which in turn impacts the cost of final product. This has further constrained the adoption of small motors among global industry leaders..
- Heavy excise duty on the import and export activities by governments in APEJ has confined growth opportunities for small motors market players in the region.
Small Motors Market – Competitive Landscape
- With the requirement for robust communication infrastructures, leading players in the small motors market are entering into strategic mergers and acquisitions. Along the same lines, ABB acquired the network communication business of KEYMILE Group, in 2017. The transaction will enhance ABB’s digital offerings with the help of reliable communications technologies of the latter.
- It has been witnessed that key players team up to enjoy two-way benefits and expand their global reach. In 2017, Nidec Corporation completed the acquisition of Emerson Electric Co.’s Drives, Motors, and Electric Power Generation Businesses to integrate significant growth capabilities, and leverage excellent customer base of both.
- Schneider and Accenture recently entered into a collaboration to come up with a digital service factory, dedicated to speed up the development of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- In 2017, Siemens acquired Mentor Graphics Corporation, which is now a subsidiary of Siemens' product lifecycle management software business, to expand its offerings and provide value-added service to new clients.
Other players operating in the global small motors market comprise Xinapse Systems Ltd., Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation, Siemens Healthineers, Sciencesoft USA Corporation, Mirada Medical Limited, Mim Software, Merge Healthcare Incorporated, Koninklijke Philips N.V., INFINITT Healthcare Co., Image Analysis, General Electric Company, Esaote S.P.A, Carestream Health, Aquilab, and AGFA Healthcare.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Small Motors Sales Remain High in Consumer Electronics
Consumer electronics sector has witnessed a remarkable growth in recent years, particularly in developing economies where increasing GHDI of middle-class consumers have been driving sales of various gadgets including TVs, tablets, smartphones, smart watches, and wearables. This has further created significant growth avenues for small motors market players.
North America and Europe continue to lead the small motors market, with the economic and technological vigor of these economies creating a lucrative marketplace for various retail & consumer goods. Additionally, consumer electronics sector is at its mature phase in these economies, which has led the small motors market players to focus more on product innovation and value-added offerings to sustain their position. The small motors market in North America and Europe is expected to surpass a value of US$ 900 Mn and US$ 600 Mn respectively in 2019.
This detailed research report on the global small motors market is the result of an accurate and reliable research methodology employed to compile the study and assess the crucial drivers, trends, and restraints of small motors market. Primary as well as the secondary research methodologies have been leveraged to obtain significant insights into the global small motors market.
Interviews with the experts of small motors market were set up in order to form the basis of the primary research of small motors market, while press releases, trade journals, paid sources and similar other publications related to small motors market. Ultimately, the data obtained from the primary and secondary methodologies are combined to filter out any misleading and vague information and the research report is compiled with only accurate of the insights into global small motors market.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Small Motors Market – Report Description
A latest report published by Fact.MR offers valuable information and key insights into the small motors market. The study offers analyses crucial factors impacting the performance of small motors market. All the microeconomic and macroeconomic aspects influencing the small motors market growth have been analyzed in the study.
Chapter 1: Executive Summary
The study begins with a comprehensive assessment of the global small motors market. In this section, the key macroeconomic trends influencing the automotive manufacturing and sales have been discussed.
Chapter 2: Global Small Motors Market – Overview
This section of the report offers invaluable information about the global small motors market. Important aspects pertaining to the recent development taken place in the small motors market report have been included in this study.
Chapter 3: Global Small Motors Market Assessment and Prediction, 2012 – 2016
A precise definition of the small motors market highlighting a comprehensive taxonomy has been included in this chapter. This section also weighs the dynamics impacting the global small motors market. A detailed segmentation of the market depending on the product type, supply source type, application, and region is included in this report.
Chapter 4: North America Small Motors Market Assessment and Forecast, 2012 – 2026
The small motors market established in the North American region has been assessed under this section. A detailed overview of the automotive industry along with the small motors market has been added.
The following sections of the report offer a historical assessment and forecast based on the product type, application, supply source type, and region.
Chapter 5: Latin America Small Motors Market Assessment and Forecast, 2012 – 2026
A brief analysis of the small motors market based in Latin America is included in this report. A historical analysis along with a prediction of the small motors market depending on the application, product type, supply source type, and region is incorporated in the report.
Chapter 6: Europe Small Motors Market Assessment and Prediction, 2012 – 2026
A comprehensive assessment of the small motors market of Europe is studied in this study. A historical assessment along with a precise forecast of the small motors market based on the product type, application, region, and supply source type is added in this research report.
Chapter 7: Japan Small Motors Market Assessment and Forecast, 2012 – 2026
A detailed analysis of the small motors market of Japan is included in this report. A historical study and prediction of the small motors market depending on the application, product type, supply source type, and region is included in this report.
Chapter 8: APEJ Small Motors Market Assessment and Prediction, 2012 – 2026
This section of the report studies the small motors market of APEJ region and offers key historical insights and forecast of the small motors market based on the product type, application, region, and supply source type.
Chapter 9: MEA Small Motors Market Assessment and Forecast, 2012 – 2026
A detailed analysis of the small motors market based in the Middle East and Africa region is discussed in this region. Historical analysis and prediction depending on the application, region, product type, and supply source type is added in this report.
Chapter 10: Global Small Motors Market Analysis – Competition Landscape
This section of the report provides share analysis of the small motors market by assessing the significant players.
Chapter 11: Global Small Motors Market Analysis – Research Methodology
The report has been compiled by following a tried and tested research methodology.
Chapter 12: Global Small Motors Market Analysis - Secondary and Primary Sources
A number of industry experts were interviewed to obtain first-hand information and several publications of the companies have been referred to obtain key insights into the small motors market.
Chapter 13: Global Small Motors Market Analysis – Acronyms and Assumptions
This section of the report comprise of assumptions and acronyms included in the report.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The Rise of Intelligent Packaging
Personalized, Connected and Sustainable
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.