Cold Phosphating Chemicals Market: Introduction
Phosphating chemicals are used by the automotive sector and for surface treatment. Iron, zinc and magnesium phosphate are three types of phosphating chemicals. Iron and steel undergo the process of phosphating to develop strong corrosive resistance.
Cold phosphating chemicals are used when there is a shortage of energy. Phosphating at lower temperatures of around (110-120 degree F) has shown strengths in coated layer formation rate, low energy consumption, good corrosion resistance, and sludge beds. New processes of low temperature phosphating with the involvement of hydroxylamine sulfate have been developed.
The previous techniques will be replaced by HAS due to its high phosphating rate, good coating quality, and less pollution. Cold phosphating chemicals require thorough degreasing, which is difficult as heat helps in removal. 25% more sludge formation. The coating mixture is comparatively rough when cold zinc phosphate is used with a higher chemical consumption. Cold
Cold Phosphating Chemicals: Dynamics
Cold phosphating chemicals are used in the paint and coatings sector. Due to the availability and multiple uses of cold phosphating chemicals, they are widely used in the chemical industries. The coating industry is growing at a steady rate, and, following the introduction of new technologies, the industry is expected to witness an increase in the demand for cold phosphating chemicals. Sectors, such as automation, surface treatment, industrial coatings, and product coatings, are expected to contribute to growth in the production of cold phosphating chemicals. Hydroxylamine sulfate has potential uses in most chemical and manufacturing industries. Moreover, cold phosphating chemicals play a major role in rust prevention. Cold phosphating chemicals, such as HAS, find applications in the production of anti-skinning agents, pharmaceuticals, rubber, textile, plastics, and detergents. They also help terminate radical polymerization and serve as an anti-oxidant in rubber industries, which is estimated to fuel the growth of the cold phosphating chemicals market.
Hydroxylamine sulfate is widely used in the chemical, rubber, fiber, and polymer industries. It has various applications in several chemical and manufacturing industries. Paracetamol is manufactured with HAS, and HAS is a very important chemical in the pharmaceutical industry. The introduction of new drugs is another factor fuelling the growth of the cold phosphating chemicals market.
However, hydroxylamine sulfate is considered to be a hazardous compound as it can explode when heated over 170 °C. Certain norms need to be followed while using hydroxylamine sulfate. Zinc phosphate is very harmful to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. It is very harmful for the environment in general.
However, latest research shows that graphene oxide and zinc phosphate at low temperatures have the potential to form a better coating on iron and steel. This is another factor fuelling the growth of the cold phosphating chemicals market.
Cold Phosphating Chemicals: Segmentation
The global cold phosphating chemicals market can be segmented by product type as:
- Hydroxylamine Sulfate
- Cold Zinc Phosphate
The global cold phosphating chemicals market can be segmented by end use as:
- Polymers and Plastic
The global cold phosphating chemicals market can be segmented by substrate as:
The global cold phosphating chemicals market can be segmented by application as:
- Metal and Metallurgical
- Polymers and Plastics
- Industrial Equipment
Cold Phosphating Chemicals: Regional Outlook
The pharmaceutical industry in the Asia Pacific region has witnessed growth in the production of cold phosphating chemicals. The U.S. has been a prominent regional market for cold phosphating chemicals in terms of production, consumption and the development of new and advanced healthcare facilities over the past few years, as well as in terms of the usage of cold phosphating chemicals in the pharmaceutical industry.
In Europe, the cold phosphating chemicals market in the UK has witnessed growth due to an increase in the production of the same. Moreover, countries such as Switzerland and France have also witnessed growth in the production of cold phosphating chemicals.
Growth in the construction industry in the Asia Pacific region has led to an increase in the production of cold phosphating chemicals. Hence, Asia Pacific is also expected to be a prominent regional market as the construction industries in the region are expected to increasingly demand architectural paint. Moreover, increase in the spending on infrastructure is expected to result in growth in the consumption of protective coating, which is, in turn, expected to boost the cold phosphating chemicals market. China and India are among the key markets in the Asia Pacific cold phosphating chemicals market.
On the other hand, a continuous increase in tourism in the Middle East is expected to have a positive impact on the construction industry in countries such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Iran, which is expected to drive the cold phosphating chemicals market in the region. Moreover, the pharmaceutical industry in the Middle East region is expected to witness an increase in production as the introduction of technologically advanced products has boosted the production of cold phosphating chemicals.
Cold Phosphating Chemicals: Market Participants
Some of the key players identified across the value chain of the global cold phosphating chemicals market are listed below:
Société Nouvelle des Couleurs Zincique, Hubbard-Hall Inc. , BFG Manufacturing, Grauer and Weil ltd., Westchem Technologies Inc., Shandong Xinhai Mining Technology & Equipment Inc.ASF SE, MercK Kgaa, and UBE Industries, Ltd.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Cold phosphating chemicals market segments
- Cold phosphating chemicals market dynamics
- Cold phosphating chemicals market size
- Cold phosphating chemicals supply & demand scenario
- Current trends/issues/challenges in the cold phosphating chemicals market
- Competition & companies involved in the cold phosphating chemicals market
- Technology used in the cold phosphating chemicals market
- Value chain of the cold phosphating chemicals market
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with the market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on cold phosphating chemicals market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market of cold phosphating chemicals
- Changing market dynamics in the industry of cold phosphating chemicals
- In-depth market segmentation of cold phosphating chemicals
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in cold phosphating chemicals market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in cold phosphating chemicals market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on cold phosphating chemicals market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect the formal positions or views of the company.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development