Polyvinyl Alcohol Resins Market Overview
Polyvinyl alcohol resins are odorless and nontoxic chemical with high tensile strength and flexibility with high oxygen and aroma barrier properties. The growing application of polyvinyl alcohol resins in the textile and adhesive industry are expected to boost the demand for polyvinyl alcohol resins across the globe. Global polyvinyl alcohol resins market is fragmented with a large number of players present in the market. Major players have a presence across the value chain with backward and forward integration. The market is on the verge of consolidation with the addition of production capacity in China.
Growing end-use industries worldwide is providing traction to the polyvinyl alcohol resins market growth over the forecast period
The rising application, especially in paper and construction industry, drives the polyvinyl alcohol resins market. The high growth in the construction industry has augured well for polyvinyl alcohol resins as commercial and office buildings employ huge volume of joint cement and cement polyvinyl alcohol resins provide attributes, such as high impact resistance and tensile strength to the final product. Currently, the high growth experienced in most economies in terms of building, paper market as well as the textile market is driving the market growth for polyvinyl alcohol resins. Application of polyvinyl alcohol resins in the manufacturing of textiles and coatings is another crucial driver for the market. Polyvinyl alcohol resins are used as binding agents in the production of lacquer and ink. Polyvinyl alcohol resins provide desirable properties such as film formation properties, adhesion property and pigment dispersibility. Coatings are one of the fastest growing sectors across the globe and are estimated to grow at a rapid pace in the foreseeable future. It might be a large application for polyvinyl alcohol resins in the forecast period.
The factors restraints global polyvinyl resins market include the availability of substitutes. The primary restraint of entering the market is the technological barrier due to the high number of proprietary technologies and patents existing in the market.
Segmentation analysis of Polyvinyl Alcohol Resins Market
Global polyvinyl alcohol resins market can be segmented on the basis of nature and end use.
On the basis of nature, polyvinyl alcohol resins market is segmented as:
On the basis of end use, polyvinyl alcohol resins market is segmented as:
- Pulp & Paper
- Building & Construction
- Paints & Coatings
Polyvinyl Alcohol Resins Market Regional Outlook
The polyvinyl alcohol resins market is segmented into seven regions including North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa (MEA). Among the regions as mentioned above, East Asia and South Asia are the largest markets for polyvinyl alcohol resins followed by Europe and North America. China and Japan dominate the demand for polyvinyl alcohol resins in East Asia. In the Europe region, the share of the application is derived from the developed western European countries such as Germany, Italy, and France, etc. The U.S. also accounts for a considerable market share. Moreover, the Middle East is also one of the region growing with significant growth rate owing to increasing construction activities backed by rising population estimates. Oceania and Latin America account for a substantial market share in terms of polyvinyl alcohol resins demand in the forecast period.
Polyvinyl Alcohol Resins Market Key Players
New application developments are expected to provide immense opportunities for the players in the polyvinyl alcohol resins market. Apart from the big players, there are several small and medium-sized manufacturers in China. The key players in the polyvinyl alcohol resins market are mentioned below.
- Sekisui Specialty Chemicals-PVOH
- Kuraray Europe GmbH
- Nippon Synthetic Chemical Industry Co.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- E.I du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Anhui Wanwei Group Co., Ltd,
- Sinopec Sichuan Vinylon
- Soarus LLC
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the polyvinyl alcohol resins market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to polyvinyl alcohol resins market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
Polyvinyl alcohol resins market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Polyvinyl alcohol resins Market Segments
- Polyvinyl alcohol resins Market Dynamics
- Polyvinyl alcohol resins Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Polyvinyl alcohol resins market regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan and South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Polyvinyl alcohol resins report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with polyvinyl alcohol resins market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on polyvinyl alcohol resins market segments and geographies.
Polyvinyl alcohol resins Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and Products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of the company
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development