Ceramics Market Analysis By Product Type (Traditional, Advanced), By Application (Sanitary Ware, Abrasives, Bricks & Pipes, Tiles, Pottery, Refractories, Electrical Equipment, Engine Parts), By End-use Industry (Construction, Electrical & Electronics, Automotive, Machinery, Medical) and By Region - Global Market Report (2024 to 2034)
Analysis of Ceramics Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Ceramics Market Outlook (2024 to 2034)
The global ceramics market size is calculated at a value of US$ 133.7 billion for 2024 and is projected to climb to US$ 240 billion by the end of 2034, expanding at 6% CAGR over the study period (2024 to 2034).
Ceramics are inorganic materials made up of metal or non-metal compounds by heating them to high temperatures. Ceramics are hard, brittle, corrosion-resistant, and heat-resistant, which is why they can be used in a wide variety of applications spanning different industry verticals.
Ceramics are extensively used in the construction industry and growing construction activity supplemented by rising investments in infrastructure development around the world. Ceramic tiles, ceramic toilet bowls, and ceramic sinks are extensively used in different buildings around the world and this is slated to favor sales of ceramics over the coming years.
Sanitary ware used in the majority of buildings is manufactured by creating a mixture of clay, kaolin, quartz, and feldspar. The surging use of ceramics in the medical industry is also projected to open up new avenues of business opportunities for ceramics suppliers going forward.
Growing urbanization, high demand for aesthetic design with durability, increased use of ceramics in the automotive industry, and increasing investments in the R&D of novel ceramic materials are other factors that could augment demand for ceramics across the study period.
- CERHUM, a new company developing bioceramics founded in 2016 and based in Belgium, uses alumina to create bioceramics suitable for medical applications. The company has developed a ceramic bone graft substitute called Bioptos, which is created by 3D printing.
Rising popularity of advanced ceramics is being perceived as the key factor propelling ceramics market growth. To achieve attributes, such as bacteria and dirt resistance, manufacturers are leveraging advanced technologies, including nanotechnology, in the manufacturing of high-strength and high-shelf life tiles and other ceramic flooring components, which typically witness high traction in industrial environments.
|Ceramics Market Size (2024)||US$ 133.7 Billion|
|Projected Market Value (2034F)||US$ 240 Billion|
|Global Market Growth Rate (2024 to 2034)||6% CAGR|
|East Asia and South Asia & Oceania Market Share (2023)||~40%|
|Demand Growth in Europe (2024 to 2034)||6.3% CAGR|
|Traditional Ceramics Segment Share (2023)||>50%|
|Key Companies Profiled||
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
What Can Start-ups Do to Make a Name for Themselves in This Market?
“New Ceramics Companies Should Focus on Product Innovation”
The world is always on the hunt for new materials with advanced capabilities and this is why ceramics companies are investing in R&D to make unique ceramic materials. Incoming ceramics manufacturers should also do the same and come up with materials that have superior quality and characteristics as compared to ceramics available in the global marketplace.
- In February 2021, Eurekite, a scientific and creative organization based in the Netherlands, announced that it had raised US$ 4.45 million in a funding round to scale up the production of a new type of ceramic that is flexible and light just like paper.
- Cactus Materials, a start-up based in the United States specializes in the production of advanced ceramics suitable for applications in semiconductor, foundry, and electronics industries.
Aspiring ceramics companies should partner up with start-ups that are utilizing novel ceramic materials for innovative applications to amplify their business scope.
- In August 2023, Lightforce Orthodontics, a new company based in the United States providing 3D-printed orthodontics, announced that it had raised US$ 80 million in a Series D financing round led by Ally Bridge Group. The company offers Cloud brackets that are custom-made for each patient using ceramic polycrystalline alumina.
Start-ups can gain a detailed understanding of factors such as local supply, pricing trends, product standards, safety regulations, and new developments in this ceramics market research analysis by skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Ceramics suppliers can make the most of their investments if they carefully do business in countries such as India, China, and the United States. Ceramics companies can focus on the diversifying demand for ceramic materials in the European region and launch products other than ceramic coatings to take their business to the next level in the future.
Why is Investing in India a Smart Move for Ceramics Manufacturers?
“Growing Disposable Income Creating Demand for Luxury Ceramic Products”
The construction industry is booming in India as the population of the country increases and the need for proper accommodation rises. The increasing disposable income of the Indian population is also a key prospect boosting demand for ceramic products over the coming years. The robust manufacturing industry and rising government spending on infrastructure development are also favoring ceramics demand in the country through 2033.
Rise in the availability of luxury ceramic bathroom fittings, ceramic glaze tiles, ceramic tableware, and other types of ceramic products is also a key factor driving market growth in India.
- In October 2023, Hansgrohe, a German brand known for its premium bathroom and kitchen products, announced the launch of a new range of sanitary ceramics in India. The company launched the EluPura toilet range along with the Xuniva and Xelu washbasin collections to enhance the bathroom experience of its customers in India.
- In July 2023, Somany Ceramics Limited, a leading supplier of ceramic tiles, revealed a new collection of its luxury tiles in Jammu, India. The new Extraordinary Collection was aimed at setting a new standard of sophistication in ceramic tiles in the country.
Why are Ceramics Companies Targeting the United States?
“Easy Availability of Raw Materials Used for Ceramics Production”
Clay and kaolin are the primary raw materials required for the production of ceramics. These raw materials are generally produced in the United States, which makes the country a highly opportune space for any ceramics manufacturer in the world. The surging use of ceramic tiles in the United States and high investments in material R&D are other factors that could augment the sales of ceramics in the country across the study period.
Which Ceramic Product Leads Market Growth in Europe?
“Ceramic Coatings to Spearhead Revenue Generation”
European countries such as Germany, Italy, and France are home to one of the most prominent automotive manufacturing industries in the world. Ceramic coatings are extensively used in automobiles to protect the body of the vehicle from oxidation, weathering, and corrosion. Surging automotive production in European countries is forecasted to bolster demand for ceramic coatings in this region thereby favoring ceramics market growth as well.
- Sales of ceramics in Europe are forecasted to rise at 6.3% CAGR across the forecast period.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Ceramics manufacturers are focusing on the production of advanced ceramics as their demand in several applications increases on a global level.
Which Type of Ceramics Will Be Most Popular in the Future?
“Advanced Ceramics Set to Rise in Demand Going Forward”
Advanced ceramics have become indispensable in the broader electronics industry on account of their diverse and integral contributions in terms of performance. The use of advanced ceramics in multiple phases of the semiconductor manufacturing process has become highly evident, ranging from silicon wafer processing to back-end packaging.
Critical ceramic components and devices support the broader functionality of new-age electronics, which in turn makes them one of the fundamental essentials in the manufacturing of semiconductor devices. The role of ceramics in the form of packaging materials, substrates, and other support functions in the semiconductor space continues to be highly favored, on the back of unparalleled protection and reliability offered.
- Despite the high demand for advanced ceramics, traditional ceramics accounted for more than 50% of the global ceramics market share in 2023.
Leading ceramics brands are focusing on launching new products that utilize the abilities of ceramics to optimize their sales and increase their market share. Ceramics suppliers are also diversifying their product portfolio and entering new markets to gain a competitive advantage over other market players.
- In September 2023, Caraway Cookware, a brand known for its cult following, announced the launch of a new ceramic cookware range. The Squareware Collection features a non-toxic and free from PFAS ceramic coating and offers superior heat conductivity.
- In May 2023, SprintRay Inc., a renowned company known for digital dentistry and 3D printing, announced the launch of ceramic-infused 3D printing resins to create dentures after receiving a 510(k) clearance from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
In September 2021, Zetamix, a subsidiary of Nanoe, announced its entry into the art and décor industry with the launch of a new collection of porcelain products. Zetamix partnered with a leading ceramic manufacturer known by the name Cerinnov Group for this launch.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Ceramics Market Research
By Product Type :
- Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Nitride
By Application :
- Sanitary Ware
- Bricks & Pipes
- Electrical Equipment
- Engine Parts
By End-use Industry :
- Electrical & Electronics
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
The global ceramics market is estimated at US$ 133.7 billion in 2024.
Demand for ceramics is forecasted to reach a market value of US$ 240 billion by 2034-end.
Sales of ceramics are set to increase at 6% CAGR over the next ten years.
East Asia and South Asia & Oceania cumulatively accounted for around 40% of global ceramics sales in 2023.
Corning Inc., Coorstek Inc., DU-CO Ceramics Company, AGC Ceramics, Saint Gobain, Thermal Ceramics UK, and Ibiden Co. Ltd. are top manufacturers of ceramics.