Agar Agar Flakes Market: Overview
The food industry has witnessed significant growth in the recent past, owing to several factors such as increasing disposable income and the experimental snacking habits of individuals. This has aggravated the demand for several food ingredients in the recent past. Agar agar flakes, being one such ingredient, have been observed to garner significant traction in recent years. The global bakery industry is on the rise, and several newer types of bakery products are being seen in bakery retail spaces. This is one of the key factors augmenting the demand for agar agar flakes. Legacy markets in North America and Europe have been the frontrunners in generating demand for agar agar flakes, though the recent surge in consumer food and beverage spending in emerging countries in Asia and Africa is being seen as a catalyst for the growth of the agar agar flakes market.
Vegan Trend to Boost Agar Agar Flakes Consumption
The preference of consumers towards products labeled as organic and non-GMO is evident. This is attributed to changing dietary habits toward vegan, paleo, and keto. Agar agar flakes, being an algae derived emulsifier, have been preferred by those following vegan and keto diets as nutritional and fulfilling ingredients for confectionary usage. The usage of agar agar flakes and powders has seen an increase in the healthcare and neutraceutical sectors. Agar agar flakes are converted to create vegan capsule shells. In the healthcare industry, agar agar flakes are usually used by dental practitioners for making dental impressions.
The development of pet food using agar agar flakes is a recent development. The previously used carrageenan, a natural food ingredient in wet pet food, has shown to have a negative impact on the health of pets. Gel derived from agar agar flakes is used in place of carrageenan. The use of agar agar flake gel in pet food has shown to have low to negligible allergenic outcomes.
Agar Agar Flakes Market Segmentation
The agar agar flakes is segmented by grade, claim, end-use industry, application, and sales channel. The agar agar flakes market is divided by grade into food grade, technical grade, preactivate grade, bacteriological grade, and cosmetic & pharma grade. On the basis of claim, the agar agar flakes market is divided into kosher, organic, non-GMO, vegan, and standard. In terms of end-use industry, agar agar flakes are used in food & beverage, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical industries. The sales channels for agar agar flakes are classified in direct sales, modern trade, convenience stores, specialty stores, small groceries, online retail, and other sales channels. The global market for agar agar flakes can be segmented into seven regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa.
Agar Agar Flakes to Boost Shoreline Economies
Agar agar flakes are directly produced from seaweed and sea vegetables, leading to an increase in the presence of producers at shorelines. Prominent agar agar flake producing countries are Japan, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, and South Korea. The trade of plant-based thickeners such as agar agar flakes and similar products has positively affected the economies in these area. The import of agar agar flakes into the North American market has been increasing due to the increased usage of organic quality herbs. The trade of commodities such as agar agar flakes in the European market has been mostly due to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
Current key players in the agar agar flakes market are Selt Marine Group, ROKO, Meron, B&V, GELITA AG, DEKOBACK GmBH, Penn Herb Company, Eden Foods, TIC Gums, and others. To meet the increasing demand for alternative ingredients, companies are focused on increasing their portfolio of products.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the agar agar flakes market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to the segments in the agar agar flakes market, such as geography, grade, claim, end-use industry, sales channel, and application.
The agar agar flakes market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Agar Agar Flakes Market Segments
- Agar Agar Flakes Market Dynamics
- Agar Agar Flakes Market Size
- Supply & Demand of Agar Agar Flakes
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Technology in the Agar Agar Flakes Market
- Value Chain of the Agar Agar Flakes Market
Regional analysis for the agar agar flakes market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordics, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (Japan, China, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report on the agar agar flakes market provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per the segments of the agar agar flakes market. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the agar agar flakes industry
- In-depth market segmentation of agar agar flakes
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of the agar agar flakes market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development