Food Grade Ink Market Outlook
Food grade inks are printing inks used in food packaging and manufactured using good manufacturing practices. In general, food grade inks consist of a colorant, vehicle, solvent and additives. Food grade inks must comply with food safety standards for their intended use. Various factors, such as organoleptic properties and migration of materials, are considered while selecting a food grade ink. Food grade inks are formulated based on country-wise legal requirements. The other factors considered during the formulation of food grade inks include the content of packed food, conditions in which the food is stored and use of the food.
Food Grade Ink Market to outperform Food Packaging Market growth
Food Grade Inks have become popular in the food packaging industry due to evolving technologies and changing regulations. There has been continued evolution of newer materials due to changing consumer dynamics, food manufacturers’ demands and increasing regulations to enhance food safety. This scenario has resulted in increasing cost of materials and increasing overall production cost, which also reflects in the market value of food grade inks. Changing consumer preferences have resulted in improved developments in food packaging, which is also driving the growth of the food grade ink market. Specific guidelines framed by the EuPIA mandate that the raw materials must be selected as per the EuPIA guidelines, packaging design and food type. Visible set off is an essential factor considering while selecting food grade inks as it reveals the product information for the consumer. Among various product types, solvent-based food grade inks are primarily used for food packaging. To test the efficiency of the food grade ink, organoleptic properties and migration are examined. Organoleptic refers to the perception of human senses towards a food product’s taste and appearance.
Food packaging improvements are determined by changing consumer predilections. Safety concerns override these trends and have to fit in with pressures to make supply chains increasingly sustainable for food grade inks.
Food can be adulterated by passage of food grade ink through diffusion, setoff from a printed surface or while in use – particularly cooking at high temperatures. Food grade ink that is safe and has low-migration or coating will release levels below the acknowledged levels of contamination when they’re properly applied and dried after printing. The usage of appropriate food grade ink is important and following good manufacturing processes to demonstrate compliance and minimize risks is the direction the packaging industry is focusing on for further development of food grade ink products.
Among various regions, Europe is known to have strong potential for food grade inks as most of the food products sold in the region are packed. Increase in demand for direct packaging and improved participation of farmers with higher adoption of digital technology has further boosted the demand for food grade inks.
Global Food Grade Ink: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global Food Grade Ink market has been segmented as–
- Water based
- Solvent based
On the basis of printing type, the global Food Grade Ink market has been segmented as–
- Sheethed litho Printing
- Weboffset Printing
- Gravure Printing
- Flexo Printing
- Screen Printing
- Letterpress Printing
- Inkjet Printing
Global Food Grade Ink Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Food Grade Ink market are Needham Ink, Inkjet, Inc., Mylan Group, Independent Ink Inc., Digital Ink Technologies Pty Ltd, and others.
Innovations: Manufacturers of Food Grade Ink have been focusing on including innovative ingredients for wider applications in the food and beverages industry.
Case Study 1: Huber Group: The Company has adopted a special production method called MGA for food grade inks. This method offers highest food safety as well as best migration values.
Opportunities for Food Grade Ink Market Participants
Increase in demand from the food packaging has resulted in higher sales of food-grade inks in the recent years. Among the various types of food grade inks, products with higher food safety standards and unique features are expected to grow the most in the coming years. Manufacturers of food grade ink are focusing on innovative techniques utilizing natural ingredients (for example xanthan gum) offering various forms suitable for multiple printing techniques.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach is followed and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in the food grade ink report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product type and printing type of the food grade ink segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data related to food grade ink are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the critical data points covered in the Food Grade Ink report include:
An overview of the Food Grade Ink market, including background and evolution.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the food grade ink market, and its potential.
- Food grade ink market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the food grade ink market.
- The cost structure of the food grade ink and its segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis of food grade ink, by its product segments, regions and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand of food grade ink, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the food grade ink market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants.
- Competitive landscape of the food grade ink market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market.
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development