Antibodies Market By Product Type (Monoclonal Antibodies, Polyclonal Antibodies, Immune Checkpoint Antibodies, Epitope Tag Antibodies, Isotype Control Antibodies, Primary Antibodies, Assay Antibodies), By End User & Region - Global Insights 2022-2032
Antibodies Market Outlook (2022-2032)
As of 2022, the global antibodies market is valued at US$ 197.3 billion and is projected to exhibit expansion at a stellar CAGR of 11.9% over the next ten years. The market is anticipated to bloat 3X to surpass a valuation of US$ 608 billion by the end of 2032.
Robust investments in healthcare research and development are expected to drive antibodies market growth potential in North America. This regional market is expected to account for nearly 49% of the global market share by 2032-end.
Antibodies Market Size (2022)
US$ 197.3 Billion
Projected Market Value (2032F)
US$ 608.5 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2022-2032)
North America Market Share (2032F)
China Market Share (2022)
Europe Market Growth Rate (2022-2032)
Interested to Procure The Data
Demand Analysis of Antibodies (2017-2021) in Comparison to Market Forecasts (2022-2032)
Focus on healthcare has bolstered in recent years and this trend has led to a substantial increase in healthcare research and development activity across the world. Antibodies play a vital role in combating diseases and treating them, which is what primarily drives the demand for antibodies.
A robust increase in healthcare R&D spending is anticipated to incite growth in the research reagents market across the forecast period. Supportive government initiatives to develop healthcare infrastructure, increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, frequent viral outbreaks, and rising demand for protein therapeutics are other factors that are expected to favor antibody discovery market growth over the coming years.
The patent expiry of many antibodies is also expected to provide new opportunities for producers of antibodies as they focus on the development of new biosimilar monoclonal antibodies to meet the supply gaps created from the patent expiry of renowned products.
However, risks associated with the use of antibodies and the high costs of their development are predicted to obstruct the antibodies market potential going forward.
Sales of antibodies are anticipated to increase at an astronomical CAGR of 11.9% through 2032.
What is Shaping Antibody Drug Market Growth Potential?
“Increasing Research in Healthcare Industry Boosts Demand for Antibody Production”
The world has witnessed a notable increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases and frequent outbreaks of viral ailments have led to an increased focus on healthcare. This increased focus on healthcare has pushed governments to increase their spending on research and development of novel treatments, which is expected to favor antibodies market potential throughout the forecast period.
The high prevalence of rare diseases and increasing use of monoclonal antibodies and polyclonal antibodies in their treatment and diagnosis is also projected to uplift antibody demand over the years to come. The growing popularity of personalized medicine is anticipated to drive demand for research for custom antibodies through 2032.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
How Opportune is the Antibodies Market for New Companies?
“Start-ups Should Focus on Expansion of Their Research Scope to Advance Innovation”
Upcoming market players are expected to focus on expanding their research and business scope by the acquisition of new funding through financing rounds. New companies are exploring the use of advanced technologies to simplify the process of development of new monoclonal antibody therapeutics, nanobodies, and other types of therapeutic antibodies.
- In September 2022, Great Bay Bio (GBB), a Hong Kong-based start-up, announced the completion of its Pre-series B funding round at US$ 15 million. The company is expected to use the funding to accelerate the development of artificial intelligence (AI) powered bioprocessing platforms to improve the CMC process of various biological drugs such as monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, etc.
- In September 2022, Capstan Therapeutics, a start-up focused on developing therapeutics for diseases with unmet clinical needs announced its launch with US$ 165 million for in-vivo cell engineering. The company is developing in-vivo CAR therapies, which enable cell engineering while they remain in the body.
Renowned market players are launching new partnerships and initiatives that could help new companies to make a mark in the highly competitive antibodies marketplace.
- In July 2022, Versant Ventures, a renowned backer of biotechnology companies revealed a new partnership with AbCellera, an antibody discovery-focused company. Through this partnership, Versant will provide start-ups with antibodies matched with their target disease from AbCellera and fast-track the research and development process by a substantial margin.
What Prospects Define Antibodies Market Potential on a Regional Basis?
“Rising Awareness of Chronic Diseases in Asia Pacific Driving Sales of Antibodies”
The market for antibodies in the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to evolve at the fastest CAGR of all regions owing to increasing awareness of chronic diseases and rising spending on healthcare infrastructure development. Low regulatory restrictions in this region make it an attractive choice for antibody companies and drive market potential at an exceptional pace.
China and India are projected to be key markets in this region as governments in these countries are increasing their spending on healthcare infrastructure development.
The Europe antibodies market is also predicted to account for a significant market share owing to the rising incidence of cancers, cardiovascular disorders, autoimmune diseases, and high spending on antibody R&D. France, Germany, and Italy are expected to lead antibodies market growth in this region throughout the forecast period. The market in this region is projected to exhibit evolution at a CAGR of 11.2% through 2032.
A detailed assessment of market trends and opportunities in major and minor regions across the world has been listed in this revised antibodies market survey by skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Why are Suppliers of Antibodies Investing in the U.S.?
“Supportive Government Initiatives & High Spending on Healthcare R&D”
The United States is known for its developed healthcare infrastructure and extensive research activity, which makes it a favorable market for antibodies. The presence of modern healthcare infrastructure and the presence of leading market players also make the U.S. a highly rewarding market for antibody suppliers and manufacturers. Increasing support from the government of the U.S. is another factor that will uplift antibodies market potential over the coming years.
High prevalence of chronic diseases, growing aging population, high patient spending potential, and increasing incidence of cancers are other factors that positively impact the antibodies market through 2032 in the country. Cancer monoclonal antibodies are anticipated to witness high demand in the United States across the forecast period.
How Will the China Antibodies Market Evolve?
“Rising Awareness of Chronic Diseases & Growing Senescent Population”
Focus on healthcare in China is increasing and this trend was particularly boosted by the outbreak of coronavirus in 2020, which is expected to primarily drive antibodies market potential in the country through 2032. Awareness of chronic diseases, the growing geriatric population, increasing healthcare expenditure, and favorable government policies to boost healthcare infrastructure development are other factors that positively impact antibodies market growth in China.
- A “Chinese Antibody Society” was also established and started by the government of China to ensure speedy approval of China-made antibody-based drugs and therapeutics across the world and provide effective marketing solutions for the same.
The China antibodies market at present accounts for 10% of the global market share.
Which End User Accounts for Highest Demand for Antibodies?
“Biopharmaceutical Companies Set to Lead Global Antibody Demand”
The global antibodies market, based on end user, is segmented into biopharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations (CROs), academic & research institutes, forensic science laboratories, food & beverage companies, diagnostic centers, and others.
Increasing demand for new drugs and pharmaceuticals owing to the high prevalence of chronic diseases across the world is projected to drive demand for antibodies in biopharmaceutical companies across the forecast period. Increasing investments in drug development and manufacturing are projected to favor antibody demand in biopharmaceutical companies and account for a dominant market share in the antibodies marketplace.
Top companies in the antibodies market are focusing on advancing their research and fast-tracking the development of new antibodies to launch new products and gain a competitive advantage over other market players.
- On September 19, 2022, Sandoz, a leader in biosimilars and generic pharmaceuticals, announced the progress of its biosimilar pipeline. This included positive results for the proposed biosimilar denosumab from ROSALIA Phase I/III clinical trial study. Denosumab is a human monoclonal antibody designed to bind and inhibit RANKL to reduce bone loss.
Leading suppliers of antibodies are also eyeing partnerships, collaborations, and mergers to increase their market presence and widen their research scope.
- In March 2022, Sanofi, a leading pharmaceutical organization announced that it will partner with IGM Biosciences to create, develop, manufacture, and commercialize six new immunoglobulin M antibody agonists. Through this partnership, Sanofi has committed to over US$ 6 billion in potential milestone payments.
Key Segments in Antibodies Industry Research
By Product Type :
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Polyclonal Antibodies
- Immune Checkpoint Antibodies
- Epitope Tag Antibodies
- Isotype Control Antibodies
- Primary Antibodies
- Assay Antibodies
By Application :
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Basic Research
- Toxicity Screening
- Biopharmaceutical Production
- Drug Screening
- Tissue Engineering
- Forensic Testing
By End User :
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Forensic Science Laboratories
- Food & Beverage Companies
- Diagnostic Centers
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
CHST15 Antibody Market research report covers detailed information on Global CHST15 Antibody Market ...
Sulfate Free Body Wash Market is set to witness healthy growth by 2029. Gel-based Sulfate free Body ...
Membrane Panels Market expects strong growth by 2028. Benefit of creating human-machine interface at...