Greek Yogurt Market – Key Insights
- Global Greek yogurt market grew at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2012-2016 period; significant growth of the market can be attributed to robust adoption of Greek yogurt in a variety of health drinks and bakery products.
- In 2018, the global Greek yogurt market surpassed a value of US$ 5.6 billion, and is projected to record a Y-o-Y growth of 7.4% in 2019.
- North America is likely to retain its leading position in the Greek yogurt market, representing a relatively large percentage of the revenue share. Increasing cases of obesity and overweight along with proliferation of health-conscious population are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of North America Greek yogurt market.
- North America is also expected to be the most attractive region for Greek yogurt industry, growing at a robust CAGR of 8.1% during 2017-2022.
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Global Greek Yogurt Market?
- Significant development in the dairy industry lined with reinvention of reposition of various traditional dairy products as healthy foods has been largely influencing the expansion of Greek yogurt market at the global level.
- In the recent years, Greek yogurt has become staple at grocery stores with rising consumer adoption for its high nutritional benefits and use as a core ingredient in a number of highly popular recipes. This is considered to be one of the important factors accelerating growth of the Greek yogurt market.
- Owing to less sugar and relatively high protein content, Greek yogurt has also gained widespread application in various food & beverage products, ranging from health drinks to baked goods. As consumers have become more aware about health, taste, and convenience of various food products on the coattails of changing lifestyles and rising incomes, the Greek yogurt market is expected to witness a robust growth in the coming years.
- High in probiotics, potassium, and calcium, Greek yogurt is increasingly consumed as a healthy snack and as a substitute for butter, mayonnaise, cheese cream and sour cream, which is foreseen to be highly impactful on its market expansion.
- Manufacturers in Greek yogurt industry are focusing on various product innovations such as fusion of flavors, dried and powdered form, gluten-free and low-fat varieties, to cater specific consumers demand. This, in turn, is anticipated to open new avenues of growth of Greek yogurt market.
- Products with minimal or no additives and preservatives is a key trend in the Greek yogurt market, and is likely to continue in the years to come. In addition, abundance of international as well as regional raw material suppliers is expected to reflect favorably on the global expansion of Greek yogurt market.
What are the Challenges Impeding the Growth of Global Greek Yogurt Market?
- Although Greek yogurt is gaining increasing popularity for its thick and creamy texture and wide-ranging application, more availability of other varieties of yogurt may pose as a potential threat to the growth of global Greek yogurt market. Further, emergence and growing popularity of newer variety of frozen yogurt made from enriched milk will possibly create a hindrance in worldwide sales of Greek yogurt.
- In the production process of Greek yogurt, much of the lactose is removed, but prevalence of high lactose intolerance may limit its adoption, eventually restricting the market growth.
Greek Yogurt Market – Competitive Landscape
- In February 2019, Danone North America announced to expand its largest production facility in DuBois, Pennsylvania to increase the production of plant-based foods, including yogurt, to meet the growing consumer demand.
- In January 2019, General Mills’ Fiber One launched ‘Fiber One Strawberries’ and ‘Vanilla Clusters’ to expand its cereal portfolio. The new variety aims to delight consumer looking for new fiber-rich option in the cereal section that will help improve their fiber intake.
- In August 2018, Chobani, a leading player in the Greek yogurt market, released a new Savor line of products as alternatives to traditional condiments and sour cream which can be directly squeezed onto any dish. The new line of products includes two different varieties: one made with low-fat milk and the other with whole milk.
Other leading players in the Greek yogurt market include FAGE USA Dairy Industry, Wallaby Yogurt Company, Inc., The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Cabot, Vivartia Holding S.A, Trader Joe's, and Nestle SA.
Spoonable Greek Yogurt to Remain the Most Preferred Product
Compared to drinkable Greek yogurt, the spoonable variants are likely to emerge as a highly preferred product in the global market of Greek yogurt, bringing more than US$ 4 billion in 2018. The segment accounts for nearly three-fourth share of the global Greek yogurt market, and the trend is expected to continue in the coming years.
On the basis of package type, Greek yogurt available in cups and tubs is envisaged to gain high traction, securing more than two-third revenue share in Greek yogurt market in 2017. Meanwhile, bottled Greek yogurt is also foreseen to witness robust sales during 2017-2022.
While modern trade continues to remain a lucrative sales channel for Greek yogurt market, specialty stores and convenience stores are anticipated to experience significant growth during the forecast period.
The recent report published by Fact.MR on Greek yogurt market is a result of an exhaustive and detailed research methodology. The reliable and comprehensive insights into global Greek yogurt market are obtained through a two-step research process involving primary as well as secondary resources. The secondary research was carried out by studying paid resources, trade journals, and other associated publications relevant to Greek yogurt market. The primary research, on the other hand, involved interviewing industry experts. Along with a historical analysis, results from these processes were triangulated to determine the accurate and exhaustive forecast data of global Greek yogurt market for the 2017-2022 period.
A new report by Fact.MR on Greek yogurt market provides a thorough analysis and exhaustive insights into various dynamics and segments of the market for the period between 2017 and 2022. The Greek yogurt market report includes both qualitative and quantitative analysis of macro- and microeconomic factors impacting the market performance, which will lead the report audience towards devising and implementing informed strategies. Further, the report covers an extensive opportunity assessment of the Greek yogurt market along with detailed insights into its competitive scenario.
Chapter 1 - Executive Summary
The global Greek yogurt market report commences with an executive summary which details brief yet affluent information regarding the global market of Greek yogurt. It mainly includes all the key market highlights in terms of facts and figures.
Chapter 2 - Overview
In this chapter, the report introduce taxonomy and a concrete definition of the global Greek yogurt market. It also lists and assesses drivers, restrains, and trends influencing the global market of Greek yogurt. In addition, all the industry specific factors that have an influence on Greek yogurt market have been analyzed under this section of the report. Further, it provides a thorough analysis of the cost structure, pricing, supply chain, and raw material sourcing.
Chapter 3 - Global Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast - Product Type
The chapter offers a detailed breakdown of the global Greek yogurt market on the basis of product type which includes drinkable and spoonable. Historical analysis and forecast data of each product type have been provided in the report along with revenue, market share, year-over-year (Y-o-Y) comparison by region.
Chapter 4 - Global Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast - Package Type
Under the chapter, an in-depth analysis of the Greek yogurt market based on different package type has been covered. The chapter sheds light on the Greek yogurt market performance on the basis of package type: cups and tubs, bottles, and others. The report also provides historical insights and forecast data of each package type for the period of 2017-2022.
Chapter 5 - Global Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast - Sales Channel
Based on sales channel, the global market of Greek yogurt is segmented into: convenience store, specialty stores, modern trade, online retailers, and others. The report covers historical analysis and forecast of each sales channel, and further provides segmental revenue, market share, and y-o-y growth comparison by region.
Chapter 6 - Global Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast - Nature
The chapter provides a segmentation of the Greek yogurt market on the basis of nature which includes conventional and organic. Historical and current size of the Greek yogurt market based on nature have been mentioned in this section of the report.
Chapter 7 - Global Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast - Region
The vast chapter includes a comprehensive assessment of the Greek yogurt market across six key regions including Europe, Latin America, North America, APEJ, Japan, and MEA. All the key trends influencing sales of Greek yogurt across these regions have been thoroughly analyzed and detailed in this chapter.
Chapter 8 - North America Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast, By Country, 2012-2022
The chapter begins with a brief introduction of the Greek yogurt market prevalent in North America. The following sections of the report offer an in-depth analysis and forecast of the North America Greek yogurt market across two developed countries – the U.S. and Canada. A market attractiveness analysis has also been provided in the report.
Chapter 9 - Latin America Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast, By Country, 2012-2022
The chapter offers an exhaustive analysis of several key trends impacting Greek yogurt market in different countries of Latin America including Argentina, Mexico, and Brazil. It also offers a historical analysis of the Greek yogurt market along with an assessment of market performance in these countries.
Chapter 10 - Europe Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast, By Country, 2012-2022
Under the chapter, a detailed forecast of the Greek yogurt market prevalent in the European countries has been provided. A thorough analysis of key trends influencing the growth of Greek yogurt market in Europe has also been included in the chapter. In addition, it covers historical analysis and forecast data of the Europe Greek yogurt market based on country, product type, package type, nature, and sales channel.
Chapter 11 - Japan Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast, By Country, 2012-2022
A complete analysis of the Greek yogurt market prevalent in Japan has been detailed in this chapter. All the important factors impacting Greek yogurt market performance in the country have been identified and analyzed in this section of the report.
Chapter 12 - APEJ Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast, By Country, 2012-2022
Under this chapter, the report offers an in-depth assessment of the Greek yogurt market prevalent in Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ). A historical analysis and forecast data of the performance of APEJ Greek yogurt market have been covered in the chapter.
Chapter 13 - MEA Greek Yogurt Market Analysis and Forecast, By Country, 2012-2022
The chapter includes a thorough analysis of the Greek yogurt market in Middle East & Africa. The Fact.MR report analyzes the MEA Greek yogurt market on the basis of country, product type, package type, nature, and sales channel.
Chapter 14 - Global Greek Yogurt Market – Company Profiles
All leading players operating in the Greek yogurt market are identified and included in the chapter. A detailed profile of each player sheds light on their product portfolios, notable business developments, strategies, weaknesses, strengths, market presence, and global footprint.
Chapter 15 - Research Methodology
Fact.MR estimates the historical and currents size of global market of Greek yogurt in a comprehensive manner to offer unbiased and independent research solutions for the market to its report audience. Every business intelligence report is compiled after an extensive research and interviewing industry experts.
Chapter 16 - Secondary and Primary Resources
In order to provide exhaustive and accurate information on the Greek yogurt market, Fact.MR relies on secondary research followed by primary resources.
Chapter 17 - Assumptions and Acronyms
This chapter lists all the assumptions and provides full forms of the acronyms mentioned in the entire report to help its readers comprehend the report better.
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions
We are committed towards customer satisfaction and quality service.