Automotive Gear Shift System Market – Key Insights
- Resurgence in the sales of automobiles during the 2013-2017 period bolstered automotive gear shift system market growth which witnessed a CAGR of 3.7% during the period.
- Burgeoning demand for automobiles in both developing and developed economies coupled with the growing production of electric vehicles is expected to fuel automotive gear shift system market proliferation which was valued at US$ 22 billion in 2018 and is estimated to witness a steady growth at a CAGR of over 4.5% during 2018-2028.
- East Asia is expected to retain its position as the largest automotive gear shift system market during the forecast period. Strong automobile sales and availability of affordable labor will continue to drive growth
- South Asia is likely to emerge as the fastest growing automotive gear shift system market. Growth will be underpinned by burgeoning automobile sales in emerging economies in India, Thailand, and Indonesia and supported by bullishness in the economies.
Don't Need a Global Report?
Save 40% on Country & Region specific reports
What are the Vital Factors Driving the Growth of Automotive Gear Shift System Market?
- The development of automatic gear shift transmission systems is allowing automobile manufacturers to enhance the fuel-efficiency of their vehicles. Compliance with Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFÉ) norms coupled with the growing concerns about environmental degradation due to emissions is expected to play a vital role in bolstering the demand for automatic transmission systems which, in turn, is estimated to fuel automotive gear shift system market growth.
- Electric vehicles (EVs) are witnessing steady adoption, with many automakers committing to investments in this innovative technology. The growth in EV segment is likely to create significant opportunities for automotive gear shift system manufacturers
- Advancements in technology are aiding automotive gear shift system manufacturers in the development of sophisticated gear shifting mechanisms which can adapt autonomously to the driving conditions and provide optimized performance for better fuel economy and vehicle efficiency.
- Introduction of novel and improved systems for testing and measuring the performance of automotive gear shift systems is helping manufacturers and end-users analyze and make necessary adjustments. The advanced testing systems are expected to aid in the development of custom gear shifting mechanisms and torque systems which, in turn, can help automobile manufacturers in accommodating the changing consumer needs in addition to complying with new government regulations.
- Advancements in additive manufacturing and powdered metallurgy are likely to fuel automotive gear shift system market growth with the combination providing manufacturers with an efficient and cost-effective technique for the production of complex components used in gear shifting mechanisms in substantially lesser time than other conventional modes of manufacturing.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
What are the Challenges which Need to be Addressed by Stakeholders in the Automotive Gear Shift System Market?
- Surge in the prices of non-ferrous raw materials and their alloys continue to be a longstanding challenge for gear shift system market. Increasing regulatory pressure to streamline mining processes to substantially reduce the harmful impacts of the procedure on the environment is a key cause expected to create a significant surge in the prices of raw materials.
- Demand for lightweight and durable alternatives to conventional materials in electric vehicles will entail migration to new systems and technologies, and pose challenges to the existing status-quo.
- Consumers in China and India – two of the prominent markets for automotive industry – are extremely cost-sensitive and expect quality features at affordable costs. Gear shift system manufacturers are under increasing pressure to offer competitively-priced products without compromising on the quality in these lucrative markets.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Automotive Gear Shift System Market – Competitive Landscape
- To capitalize on the growing demand for affordable vehicles in India and Asia, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, a leading player in the automotive gear shift system market, announced the launch of a new electrified clutch which functions to improve the efficiency of manual transmission in automobiles. The company plans to market the product as a way to enhance fuel efficiency in vehicles using manual transmission gear shifting systems.
- In order to stay at pace with the changing automobile industry, Eissmann Automotive Deutschland GmbH expanded its Pell City facility adding a 130,000 square-foot building to the existing infrastructure in the region. The facility is equipped with advanced manufacturing equipment which will be used for a new production line set to be unveiled by the Germany-based automotive gear shift system manufacturers.
- A recent development complementing innovations in the automotive gear shift system market was the development of a novel gear shift mechanism which uses two electromagnetic actuators to improve the mechanical efficiency and dynamic response of manual transmission systems. The study suggests the technique could potentially pave the way for the adoption of automated manual transmission systems in electric vehicles.
- Another key development which is likely to boost innovations in the automotive gear shift system market was the acquisition of a patent on the clutch-by-wire technology which replaces the hydraulics mechanism used for disengaging and engaging gears with a fully electric system. The clutch could potentially be automated to control the changing of gears.
- The bolstering popularity of automated manual transmission (AMT) in automobiles became clearly evident after WABCO Holdings signed a deal with Daimler agreeing to develop an efficient and robust AMT control technology for Daimler’s trucks. With its new AMT technology, WABCO aims at reducing noise levels and optimizing gear shift schedules for efficient performance.
Some of the leading players operating in the automotive gear shift system market include Kongsberg Automotive ASA, SL Corporation, GHSP, Inc., Ficosa International, S.A., Fuji Kiko Co., Ltd., Leopold Kostal GmbH & Co. KG, Tokai Rika Co., Ltd., Jopp Holding GmbH, and Dura Automotive Systems, LLC.
Demand for Stick Shift Gear Systems in Passenger Vehicles to Prevail
Automobile companies are focusing on the development of new technologies to enhance the performance of manual transmissions. In addition, the burgeoning demand for lightweight commercial vehicles in evolving mobility and ride-sharing services is likely to be a vital factor bolstering automotive gear shift system market growth. Other gear types in joystick, rotary, and stalk type are estimated to find increasing demand in different vehicles based on their utility. Automotive gear shift system market is expected to generate substantial revenues from both OEMs and aftermarket sales.
The report on automotive gear shift system market is the consequence of a robust and elaborate research methodology employed during the compilation of the report. A two-step process involving primary and secondary researches was conducted to obtain invaluable and actionable insights into the automotive gear shift system market.
Primary research was conducted by interviewing seasoned experts from the automotive gear shift system market while a thorough study of company press releases, trade journals, paid sources, and other publications related to the automotive gear shift market formed the basis of the secondary research. Results from both the steps of research were triangulated to create an authentic and accurate forecast of the automotive gear shift system market.
Automotive Gear Shift System Market: Segmentation
- Shift By Wire
- Mechanical Linkage
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa