Benzyl Alcohol Market: Introduction
Benzyl alcohol is a type of aromatic alcohol. It is a clear colorless chemical liquid with sharp burning taste and mild pleasant aromatic odor. It is slightly soluble in water, and miscible in diethyl ether and alcohols as well as it is moderately toxic chemical substances. Benzyl alcohol is a useful solvent owing to its low vapor pressure, polarity, and low toxicity. Benzyl alcohol Benzyl alcohol is used in the production of other benzyl compounds such as pharmaceutical aid, perfumes and flavors. It is also used as local anesthetic to reduce pain associate with Lidocaine injections. Moreover, the use of benzyl alcohol as a synthetic solvent for paints, lacquers, inks, and epoxy resin coatings. Thus, it can be used in the paint strips, particularly when strips are combined with companionable viscosity enriched to encourage the mixture to stick with painted surfaces. In addition, it is also used as an insect repellent, and as a photographic film developer. Benzyl alcohol is widely used as bacteriostatic preservative at very low concentration in the topical drugs, medicines, and cosmetics to preserve the products from producing bacteria and kill them when they reproducing. In pharmaceuticals, the growth of bacteria’s, are adversely affect the human health, and to preserve this, drug manufacturers are widely used benzyl alcohol during the medicine manufacturing.
Furthermore, as a dye solvent, benzyl alcohol is enhance the process of dyeing of nylon, wool, and leather. The application of the benzyl alcohol as a dielectric solvent in the dielectrophoretic reconfiguration of nanowires that is a phenomenon in which force is exerted on dielectric particles when they are subjected to non-uniform electric field. Benzyl alcohol is also known as Phenylmethanol, Phenylcarbinol, and Benzenemethanol. It is also used as reagent in the organic chemistry.
Benzyl Alcohol Market: Dynamics
Globally, the consumption of aromatic alcohol that is benzyl alcohol is primarily driven by the growth of its application across the various end-use industries including food & beverages, pharmaceutical, paints & coatings, and personal care among many others. Additionally, the end-use of benzyl alcohol in the paints and coatings has also supported the market growth as a key ingredient whose continued demand from the said sector has augmented its market demand. Furthermore in the coming years, the market growth of benzyl alcohol is expected to be benefited from its consumption in pharmaceutical drugs and solvents whose projected rate is considered to be more than its other end use sectors.
However, the stringent government regulations and its mandated levels and replacement by substitute chemicals in end use and high cost of the product will act as a restraint the growth of benzyl alcohol market to some extent
Benzyl Alcohol Market: Segmentation
The global Benzyl Alcohol market can be segmented on the basis of Application, End-Use, and region.
On the basis of application, the Benzyl Alcohol market has been segmented as:
- Dielectric Solvent
- Bacteriostatic preservative
- Cleaning agent
- Epoxy Resins
- Synthetic Solvent
On the basis of End-Use, the Benzyl Alcohol market has been segmented as:
- Personal Care
- Food & Beverages
- Paints & Coatings
- Others (Laboratory Reagent etc.)
Benzyl Alcohol Market: Regional Outlook
Across the globe, consumption of chemical compound benzyl alcohol is predominantly drive by the growth of end use in the pharmaceutical, and paints & coating industries. The Asia Pacific is estimated to account for prominent market share in the benzyl alcohol market across the globe owing to positive outlook of the pharmaceutical, and paints & coatings industries. In Asia Pacific, rising per capita healthcare expenditure is attributing in the growth of pharmaceutical industry, which, in turn fueled the demand of benzyl alcohol during the forecast period. Europe and North America are expected to witness of significant growth in the global benzyl alcohol market during the forecast period owing to well-established pharmaceutical industry with various research and development facilities for being new development by using benzyl alcohol because benzyl alcohol is also used as laboratory reagent in the organic chemistry. The Middle East & Africa and Latin America is projected to witness of moderate growth in the global benzyl alcohol during the forecast period owing to growing paints and coating industry as well as personal care products sales.
Benzyl Alcohol Market: Market participants
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the Benzyl Alcohol market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Hubei Greenhome Fine Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Emerald Performance Materials
- Avantor Performance Materials
- Wuhan Biet Co., Ltd.
- Alfa Aesar
- Finar Limited
- Wuhan Youji Industries Co., Ltd.
- Elan Chemical Company Inc.
- Ineos AG
- Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited
- Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd
- Shimmer Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Benzyl Alcohol market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated Benzyl Alcohol market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to Benzyl Alcohol market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Supply/Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on Benzyl Alcohol market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Benzyl Alcohol market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Benzyl Alcohol market performance
- Must-have information for Benzyl Alcohol market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Company
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development