Atherosclerosis Drugs Market
Atherosclerosis Drugs Market Analysis, By Drug Class (Anti-platelet Medications, Cholesterol-lowering Medications, Beta Blockers, ACE Inhibitors, Calcium Channel Blockers, Diuretics), By Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), and Region - Global Market Insights 2023-2033
Analysis of Atherosclerosis Drugs Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Atherosclerosis Drugs Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
The global atherosclerosis drugs market is currently valued at US$ 49.9 billion and is projected to exhibit expansion at 2.3% CAGR over the next ten years to reach a value of US$ 62.8 billion by the end of 2033.
Urbanization has led to some major lifestyle changes across the world which have resulted in a high incidence of health complications such as high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and obesity. The aforementioned health issues primarily drive demand for atherosclerosis drugs and are anticipated to witness a slow hike in demand over the next ten years.
Increasing aging population, rising number of cases of cardiovascular disorders, growing incidence of obesity, poor dietary habits, adoption of sedentary lifestyles, and rising investments in healthcare R&D are other prospects that could potentially uplift sales of atherosclerosis drugs in the future.
Growing awareness regarding the risks of high cholesterol and the increasing availability of novel atherosclerosis disorder therapeutics are slated to open up new opportunities for atherosclerosis drug providers across the forecast period.
- As per statistics listed on the World Health Organization (WHO) website, around 1 billion people are suffering from obesity and the organization estimates that around 167 million people will be less healthy due to their obesity by the end of 2025.
High alcohol and tobacco consumption are also expected to have a positive impact on demand for atherosclerosis drugs going forward. Government initiatives to promote awareness regarding the ill effects of obesity and the increasing availability of novel cholesterol medications and cardiomyopathy drugs are expected to create lucrative opportunities for atherosclerosis drug suppliers on a global level.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to emerge as a highly opportunistic market and is expected to lead global demand for atherosclerosis drugs by the end of the forecast period. India, China, and Japan are estimated to be the prime markets in this region where atherosclerosis drug sales are expected to be driven by the increasing geriatric population and rising investments in healthcare infrastructure development. The Asia Pacific regional market is estimated to account for around 25% of the global market share by the end of 2033.
On the flip side, the limited efficacy of certain atherosclerosis drugs and therapeutics and the absence of a definitive therapy to treat atherosclerosis disorders are projected to influentially restrict global market evolution in the long run. Additionally, the high costs associated with atherosclerosis disorder treatment and the lack of skilled professionals are also expected to foil atherosclerosis drug consumption across the forecast period till 2033.
Atherosclerosis Drugs Market Size (2023)
US$ 49.9 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 62.8 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Market Share of Hospital Pharmacies (2033)
North America Market Share (2022)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
How Can Start-ups Make a Mark in the Atherosclerosis Drugs Marketplace?
“Innovation & Development of Novel Therapeutics: Prime Focus of New Companies”
New atherosclerosis drug companies are focusing on advancing their R&D to create novel therapeutics that help them compete with established players in the global marketplace. To achieve this, aspiring atherosclerosis drug suppliers are appointing experienced professionals in their establishments that can further advance their business scope.
- In December 2022, Cyclarity Therapeutics, a biotechnology start-up founded in 2019 announced that it had appointed Dr. Noah Rosenberg as the head of clinical affairs. Rosenberg brought more than 20 years of experience from pharma giants such as Pfizer and Sanofi. He was expected to overlook the development of novel treatments for atherosclerosis.
- AFFiRiS, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical organization based in Austria is focusing on developing antigen-specific immunotherapies for the treatment and prevention of chronic illnesses such as atherosclerosis, neurodegenerative diseases, etc.
- HealthCheck Diagnostics, a start-up based in the United States is trying to reduce the mortality rate in cardiovascular disorders and atherosclerosis affected-patients through its novel biomarker testing technology in a non-invasive procedure.
- International Cardio Corporation, a company based in the United States develops high-intensity-focused ultrasound solutions to treat atherosclerosis in a non-invasive manner that is safer and more efficient for patients.
This updated atherosclerosis drugs market research report by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, proffers an all-inclusive assessment of how new developments by start-ups are transforming product standards and pricing trends on a global level.
Why are Atherosclerosis Drug Sales Increasing in Japan?
“High Senescent Population Driving Market Evolution”
The world is witnessing a substantial increase in the aging population and this trend has been a prominent factor in Japan for quite a while now, which is expected to drive shipments of atherosclerosis drugs over the coming years. Older people are more at risk of contracting cardiovascular disorders and this is anticipated to bolster atherosclerosis drug sales in the country through 2033.
Increasing investments in the healthcare industry, the rising frequency of the launch of novel generic drugs, and growing awareness about atherosclerosis disorders are other aspects that could supplement market development going forward. Increasing medical research activity in the country will also be pivotal in determining market growth over the next ten years.
- A study published in the European Heart Journal, by researchers from Osaka University in Japan revealed that routine dietary consumption of tricaprin results in regression of coronary artery plaque and resolution of symptoms of triglyceride deposit cardiomyovasculopathy in patients.
Are European Countries Investment-worthy Markets for Atherosclerosis Drug Suppliers?
“Growing Availability of Novel Atherosclerosis Drugs Creating Remunerative Opportunities”
Focus on health has increased exponentially in European countries in recent years owing to the advent of several chronic diseases and heightened awareness among the general population about the same. Increasing investments in healthcare research and supportive government initiatives to promote the adoption of innovative atherosclerosis therapeutics are expected to primarily boost market development in countries such as Germany, France, Italy, and the United Kingdom throughout the forecast period.
Expanding senescent population, rising healthcare expenditure, growing awareness regarding atherosclerosis, and the growing availability of novel atherosclerosis drugs are other prospects that could potentially uplift market growth in European countries. The increasing ubiquity of cardiovascular disorders and increasing disposable income are also forecasted to stimulate atherosclerosis drug demand in the future.
Which Country is Asserting its Dominance in North America?
“United States to Hold Substantial Revenue Share”
The United States is anticipated to account for high atherosclerosis drug shipments throughout the forecast period owing to the growing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders and high incidence of obesity. Poor eating habits, the adoption of sedentary lifestyles, the increasing geriatric population, and the growing availability of drugs to treat atherosclerosis are other prospects that are anticipated to bolster market development in the country throughout the forecast period.
- As per the statistics listed on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website, one person dies from cardiovascular disease every 34 seconds in the United States and around 805,000 people suffer from a heart attack every year.
Supportive initiatives to promote medical research and the launch of favorable reimbursement and insurance policies are other factors that could uplift atherosclerosis drug sales in the future in the United States. Growing awareness and increasing availability of novel therapeutics to treat atherosclerosis drugs are slated to open up new roads of opportunity for atherosclerosis drug manufacturers in the country going forward.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which Class of Drugs is Most Sought-after?
“Cholesterol-lowering Medication Sales to Soar Over Decade”
Based on drug class, the atherosclerosis drugs market is segmented into anti-platelet medications, cholesterol-lowering medications, fibric acid & omega-3 fatty acid derivatives, beta-blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, diuretics, and others.
High cholesterol levels in an individual lead to obesity and an increased risk of cardiovascular disorders, which leads to high demand for cholesterol-lowering medications to combat the aforementioned ailments. Adoption of sedentary lifestyles, limited physical activity, and growing intake of sugars and calorie-dense foods are factors that lead to high cholesterol levels among individuals across the world.
The development and launch of novel cholesterol-lowering drugs are also expected to bolster growth in this segment throughout the forecast period. Fibrates and statins are some popular cholesterol-lowering medications that are currently widely used for the treatment of atherosclerosis disorders.
Prime atherosclerosis drug suppliers are focusing on launching generic drugs to maximize their sales potential and meet increasing demand in the Asia Pacific region.
- In August 2022, Cadila Pharmaceuticals, an Indian pharmaceutical company announced the launch of generic versions of sitagliptin, which is a drug class of DPP-4 inhibitors used for the treatment of hyperglycaemia that is known to lead to complications such as heart attacks, stroke, and atherosclerosis. The generic versions were launched under the brand names Sitenali and Jankey for type 2 diabetes in India.
Leading atherosclerosis drug manufacturers are focusing on obtaining approvals from regulatory authorities for their products to fast-track their launches.
- Merck & Co. is focusing on obtaining approval for its drugs that are in the development pipeline to attain its revenue goal of US$ 10 billion in the mid-2030s. The company’s atherosclerosis drug MK-0616 is in its phase 2B study that has an estimated completion timeline of February 2023. The drug is an oral treatment expected to lower cholesterol levels in an individual.
Key Segments of Atherosclerosis Drugs Industry Research
By Drug Class :
- Anti-platelet Medications
- Cholesterol-lowering Medications
- Fibric Acid and Omega-3 Fatty Acid Derivatives
- Beta Blockers
- Angiotensin-converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors
- Calcium Channel Blockers
By Distribution Channel :
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global atherosclerosis drugs market accounts for a US$ 49.9 billion valuation in 2023.
Shipments of atherosclerosis drugs are forecasted to reach a value of US$ 62.8 billion by 2033-end.
From 2023 to 2033, the demand for atherosclerosis drugs is set to rise at 2.3% CAGR.
Demand for atherosclerosis drugs is anticipated to be significant in North America through 2033.
Key companies in this market are Sanofi, Hoffmann La-Roche Ltd., Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, and GlaxoSmithKline Plc.