Household Air Care Products Market
Household Air Care Products Market Analysis By Product Type (Sprays & Aerosol, Ionizers, Candles & Strips), By Fragrance (Floral, Fruity, Vanilla, Spices & Herbs), By Sales Channel (Modern Trade, Grocery Stores, Convenience Stores, e-Commerce), and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Household Air Care Products Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Household Air Care Products Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
In 2023, global demand for household air care products is estimated at US$ 12.13 billion and is forecasted to reach US$ 16.3 billion by the end of 2033. The global household air care products market is projected to exhibit expansion at 3% CAGR over the forecast period (2023 to 2033).
Air pollution has become a major issue for people around the globe in the past couple of decades and is expected to only get worse if drastic measures are not taken to curb the pollution. Rising air pollution brings a wave of bad odor, unwanted and unhygienic particles, and respiratory diseases, which are key factors promoting the demand for household air care products at present.
Improving standards of living of people around the world has created an uptick in demand for luxury and premium home care products, which is slated to offer business expansion opportunities for established as well as incoming household air care product suppliers. Japan, India, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina are some key markets where luxury household air care products are projected to witness a hike in demand.
- In February 2023, Dollar General, a chain of variety stores based in the United States, announced the launch of its new line of premium home scents called Koze Place. The company promised a premium experience at an affordable price to tap into the expanding luxury home care space and improve sales potential.
- Demand for household air care products in Japan is estimated to reach a revenue of US$ 831.5 million by the end of 2033.
Growing adoption of healthy lifestyles, rising awareness regarding hygiene, increasing prevalence of respiratory disorders, rapid urbanization and industrialization, growing consumer spending capacity, and high availability of innovative air care products such as air purifiers, air fresheners, candles, etc. are other prospects that could benefit the household air care products market evolution in the future.
On the flip side, lack of awareness regarding air care products and high cost of certain air care devices such as diffusers are projected to be major constraints for overall household air care product sales growth throughout the forecast period and beyond.
Household Air Care Products Market Size (2023)
US$ 12.13 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 16.3 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Growth Rate of Online Sales Channels (2023 to 2033)
Godrej AER, Ecovacs Robotics, Febreze
Japan Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
South Korea Market Value of (2033F)
US$ 668.46 Million
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
How are New Companies Reinventing Household Air Care?
“Improvement of Indoor Air Quality – Focal Point for Start-ups”
Surging air pollution and increasing concerns regarding respiratory health have created a surge in demand for innovative household air care products, which is creating attractive moneymaking opportunities for incoming household air care product suppliers. New companies are launching new products to improve their market presence and generate more revenue.
- Freshcraft Technologies, a new company based in India, revealed its new device that enhances indoor air quality in September 2022. Tenshield is an innovative product that disperses plasma-mediated ions to create a shield against surface and air-borne diseases.
New household air care product manufacturers are also focusing on raising new capital to advance their business potential and compete with established market players across the forecast period and beyond.
- Clairify, a Dutch start-up focused on improving indoor space health and air quality, announced that it had raised US$ 624,014 in funding led by Rockstart in March 2022. The company uses a combination of software and sensors to analyze indoor air quality to support the transition towards healthy indoor spaces with better air quality.
An exhaustive analysis of how factors such as new developments, supply chain management, global demand, local supply, and safety regulations impact the current and future start-up scenario has been mentioned in this latest household air care products market research analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Will Investing in Asian Countries Be a Smart Move?
“Increasing Disposable Income and Evolving Consumer Preferences – Piquing Interest in APAC”
Developing economies in the Asia Pacific region have been proven to be one of the most lucrative markets for the majority of consumer goods and this can be ascribed to rising per capita disposable income and changing standards of living. India, China, Korea, and Japan are estimated to be noteworthy markets in this region across the forecast period.
- This Fact.MR research predicts demand for household air care products to evolve at 3.5% CAGR over the next ten years in South Korea.
Increasing industrialization in the aforementioned countries is resulting in rising air pollution, which is projected to influentially drive up the sales of air fresheners, air filters, air purifiers, and other air care products in the future. China and India are expected to witness higher demand for household air care products as compared to other Asian economies over the next ten years.
- Household air care product shipments in China are extrapolated to rise at a steady 4.6% CAGR across the forecast period and rake in a valuation of US$ 3.71 billion by the end of 2033.
What Makes the United Kingdom a Bankable Market?
“Surging Pet Ownership and Demand for Natural Fragrances”
The United Kingdom is set to emerge as a highly opportune space for household air care product companies in the future, which is primarily linked to surging pet ownership numbers in the country and the increasing inclination of consumers toward natural fragrances.
- In April 2022, the Pet Food Manufacturer’s Association (PFMA) released its annual population data, which showed that the United Kingdom was home to around 35 million pets in 2022 and pet ownership stood at a peak of 62% in the same year.
Having a pet at home can compromise the air quality and hygiene situation, which is why several pet owners rely on air care systems to keep their dwellings fresh.
Growing awareness and focus regarding sustainability is also shaping the demand for natural fragrances in the household air care products industry in the country. This factor is creating new opportunities for established as well as new household air care product manufacturers in the United Kingdom.
Why are Household Air Care Product Vendors Targeting the United States?
“High Consumer Spending Potential and Surging Demand for Luxury Home Care Products”
The United States is projected to emerge as a highly rewarding space for household air care product suppliers owing to the high consumer spending potential and escalating demand for luxury and premium home care products. Increasing focus on hygiene, high availability of luxury household air care products, and rising pet ownership are other factors that are also expected to influence growth potential over the next ten years.
- As per statistics listed on Forbes, around 66% of households in the United States own at least one pet in 2023. Wherein, millennials account for 33% of all current pet owners and Gen X for 25% in the same year.
- In April 2022, Hamilton Beach Brands Inc. announced the launch of a new line of premium air purifiers. The new products were launched under the Clorox brand name and were the first steps of the company into the home wellness and health space.
Surging prevalence of respiratory disorders has also created increased awareness regarding home hygiene and indoor air quality, which is motivating household air care product companies to launch new products.
- Household air care product sales in the United States are forecasted to attain a revenue of US$ 4.45 billion by 2033-end while rising at a sluggish 2.4% CAGR over the next ten years.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which Type of Air Care Product is Highly Popular?
“Versatility and Ease of Use – Testament to Popularity of Sprays and Aerosols”
Based on product type, the market for household air care systems is segmented into sprays and aerosol, ionizers, and candles and strips.
Sprays and aerosol products account for the majority of revenue share in the global marketplace at present and are estimated to maintain a similar stance throughout the forecast period. Air freshener sprays are highly preferred by various users around the world owing to their ease of use, versatility, and quick effect. Evolving consumer preferences and increasing disposable income are other crucial aspects that could primarily influence sales of sprays and aerosols in the future.
- Shipments of sprays and aerosol are forecasted to increase at 3.5% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
Prime household air care product vendors are eyeing mergers, collaborations, and partnerships to improve their reach and target new audiences to drive revenue generation capacity.
- In April 2023, The Yankee Candle Company collaborated with Vera Bradley, a bag and luggage lifestyle company to create a limited-edition collection of true-to-life fragrances with attractive floral patterns. The collection included 2 candles with a tote bag and a limited-edition diffuser.
Top-tier household air care product manufacturers are focusing on expanding their product portfolio through new launches and strengthening their place in the global competitive landscape.
- In April 2022, Glade, a leading brand providing household air fresheners and owned by SC Johnson, announced the launch of a new summer fragrance. Coastal Sunshine Citrus was available in the form of room sprays, candles, and air fresheners to allow consumers to transition their homes from spring to summer vibe effortlessly.
- In May 2022, Vitruvi, an all-natural air care brand based in Vancouver, debuted in the air care space with the launch of its new Natural Air Freshener Sprays. The company had plans to disrupt the traditional air care space with its natural offerings and tap into new business potential.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Household Air Care Products Industry Research
By Fragrance :
- Spices & Herbs
By Product Type :
- Sprays and Aerosol
- Candles and Strips
By Sales Channel :
- Modern Trade
- Grocery Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Other Retail Formats
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global household air care products market stands at a value of US$ 12.13 billion in 2023.
Sales of household air care products are forecasted to reach US$ 16.3 billion by 2033-end.
Worldwide household air care product shipments are predicted to rise at 3% CAGR through 2033.
The household air care products market is segmented based on fragrance, product type, sales channel, and region.
Henkel KGaA, RB plc, SC Johnson & Son Inc., The Yankee Candle Company Inc., and Air Delights Inc. are leading manufacturers of household air care products.