Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems Market
Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems Market By System Location (Driver’s Seat, Dashboard), By Component (Sensors, Other Components), By Application (Pulse Rate, Blood Sugar Level, Blood Pressure, Other Applications), By End Use (Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles), & Region – Global Market Insights 2023-2033
Analysis of Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
The global automotive active health monitoring systems market is expected to surge ahead at CAGR of 30.2%, rising from its current market value of US$ 500 million to US$ 7 billion by the end of 2033.
Over the last two decades, the automobile sector has grown at a tremendous rate. With substantial improvements in artificial intelligence (AI) and vehicle automation, connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) are set to play an essential part in both present and future urban transportation networks. Automotive active health monitoring systems have grown in popularity in recent years and this trend is projected to continue over the next ten years as well.
An automotive active health monitoring system is a type of automotive technology that analyzes the driver's health. The automotive active health monitoring system is an in-vehicle health monitoring system that detects and measures the driver's critical health metrics and biophysical features such as blood pressure, respiration rate, oxygen saturation, pulse, and other essential health-related information.
While driving, it also monitors the driver's alertness and tiredness. The system uses infrared cameras and sensors to analyze human facial expressions and health information.
Chronic illness is a major contributor to the growth in road fatalities since many drivers are diagnosed with cardiovascular, diabetes, and renal problems, resulting in road accidents induced by fatigue and distraction.
- A World Health Organization (WHO) study issued in May 2020 indicates that over 420 million people worldwide have diabetes, and another WHO research estimates that obesity has nearly tripled since 1975.
These issues have made active health monitoring systems in automobiles vital.
- Another WHO estimate from February 2020 claims that roughly 1.27 million people die in road accidents each year, with distractions, speeding, unsafe cars, poor road infrastructure, and health difficulties being major causes.
Such issues are contributing to the growing importance of active health monitoring systems in the automotive industry.
Governments across the world are attempting to improve vehicle safety standards for drivers and passengers, which is increasing the global demand for automotive active health monitoring systems.
- For example, Europe is a world leader in protecting the safety of its citizens on the roads. The European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) released "In Pursuit of Vision Zero" Roadmap 2025, which aims for zero traffic accidents. According to Euro NCAP, "driver monitoring systems that detect drunk and distracted driving, provide adequate warning, and take appropriate action" should be rewarded.
Market Size in 2023
US$ 500 Million
Projected Market Value (2033)
US$ 7 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Europe Market Share (2022)
Leading System Location Segment
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Why is the Market for Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems Witnessing Massive Growth?
“Rapid Technological Improvements and Innovations in Products”
Increasing technological improvements and innovations are projected to play a significant part in the growth of the global market. The incorporation of low-cost and dependable technologies such as microelectronics, sensors, big data analytics, and artificial intelligence is projected to open up vast business prospects. Since active health monitoring systems in the automotive sector are still in their early stages, these technological improvements are expected to aid market growth.
Furthermore, the growth of infrastructure facilities in underdeveloped and developing countries around the world has given the automotive sector the technical assistance it needs to integrate low-cost active health monitoring systems. Moreover, the increasing use of wearable health monitoring systems has raised public awareness of their benefits. Growing awareness of the benefits and capabilities of these monitoring systems is anticipated to drive market expansion in the coming years.
“Increasing Sales of Electric Vehicles”
Electric vehicle (EV) sales are fast expanding as people become more aware of government incentives and schemes. The growing awareness of the environmental impact of fuel-powered vehicles has resulted in a surge in worldwide demand for electric vehicles.
Government programs such as grants and subsidies are boosting the uptake of electric vehicles. As a result of higher sales and expanding demand for electric vehicles, manufacturers are offering more complex active health monitoring system capabilities for electric vehicles. As a result, rising EV sales are expected to fuel product demand and provide sufficient opportunities for market participants over the study period.
How are the United Kingdom and Germany Aiding Europe's Dominance?
“Increasing Awareness of Road Safety and Strong Regulations for In-vehicle Safety Equipment”
As per Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, Europe held 42.7% share of the global market for automotive active health monitoring systems in 2022. This is due to the rapid growth in sophisticated technologies, increased awareness of driver safety, and the presence of infrastructural facilities essential for the system's operation.
Moreover, the primary rationale for incorporating automotive active health monitoring systems in automobiles is to increase R&D capacity while also improving driver safety.
The United Kingdom and Germany are the top two markets in Europe. Growing awareness of road safety and strong regulations for in-vehicle safety equipment in these countries is bolstering market growth. Furthermore, the rapid development of new technologies and the existence of major automotive companies heavily concentrating on R&D are contributing to the market expansion.
Why is the United States a Prominent Market for Automotive Active Health Monitoring System Providers?
“Well-established Automotive Sector and Increasing Awareness About Road Safety”
The North American market is growing at a rapid pace due to technological advancements and rising demand for commercial cars equipped with advanced driver health monitoring systems.
Moreover, the United States is the main market for automotive active health monitoring systems in North America due to the country's well-established automotive sector and infrastructure, as well as growing awareness about road safety.
What is the Demand Outlook for Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems in Japan and South Korea?
“Japan and South Korea to Witness High Demand for These Systems”
The market in Asia Pacific is expanding substantially due to the increasing adoption of advanced electronics components in the automobile industry. Furthermore, the region's demand for active health monitoring systems is escalating due to the need for sophisticated safety features in vehicles.
Moreover, Japan and South Korea are witnessing high demand for automotive active health monitoring systems. To improve driver safety, these countries' governments have mandated installing health monitoring systems to prevent the loss of life and property caused by road accidents.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Why are Dashboards the Most Preferred Location to Install Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems?
“Easy Detectability of Movement and Cost-effectiveness”
Dashboards are an ideal location for active health monitoring systems since they help the system detect gestures, faces, fatigue, exhaustion, and distraction to prevent accidents. Moreover, dashboard placement is more cost-effective than other solutions and lowers total costs.
Will Passenger Vehicles Continue to Account for High Deployment of Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems?
“Increasing Usage by Passenger Vehicle Manufacturers across Regions”
Demand for active health monitoring systems for commercial vehicles is relatively low compared to passenger vehicles. Currently, most manufacturers are concentrating their efforts solely on passenger vehicles. Furthermore, the bulk of the leading car manufacturers, who generally make passenger vehicles, are implementing active health monitoring systems.
- Volvo, Audi, BMW, Ford, Volkswagen, and Mercedes are among the leading automotive firms that have used active health monitoring systems, and all of them primarily make passenger vehicles.
The global market is still in its early stages, providing industry participants with tremendous opportunities to innovate and develop appealing vehicle health monitoring technologies. As a result, they are making significant investments in R&D. This would also assist market participants in capturing the market share and strengthening their global presence.
Key players in the automotive active health monitoring systems market are focusing on new development, mergers and acquisitions, and technological improvements. Furthermore, several start-ups are emerging in the global market.
- VURO Technologies, a start-up based in the United States, is developing a fleet management platform that employs computer vision and artificial intelligence to analyze driver behavior. VURO's platform offers real-time driving status by evaluating driver health and external factors. The start-up also employs high-definition (HD) cameras to detect unsafe driving or diversions, drowsiness, fast acceleration, harsh braking, or crashes. If the driver is detected as inattentive, fatigued, or having poor visibility, they will receive video-based messaging and high-risk behavior warnings. The VURO solution assists drivers in staying safe and decreases the likelihood of an accident.
- BlinkApp, an Egyptian start-up, uses motion analysis and vehicle motions to monitor driver behavior. The BlinkApp recognizes emergency situations and alerts concerned stakeholders to resolve them immediately. The start-up tracks driving behavior such as speed, driver’s heart rate, and harshness, among other things. Furthermore, it employs AI to generate intelligent insights regarding driver’s behavior and health, allowing for further optimization.
- Autocruis, a start-up based in China, is developing a driver monitoring system that identifies driver behavior using face recognition and convolutional neural networks (CNNs). The start-up monitors head and eye movements in real-time to determine the driver's concentration and weariness level. Autocruis employs motion analysis to detect calls, yawns, and other activities that indicate unsafe driving behavior. Furthermore, pulse sensors measure the driver's heartbeat to determine their mood during a drive.
- Hyundai Mobis revealed the creation of Smart Cabin, a unified vital signs controller for safe driving, in June 2022. The new healthcare technology can assess drivers' vital signs, brainwaves, heart rate, and posture to assist them in driving safely. The Smart Cabin detects the driver's vital signs and evaluates CO2 levels in the cabin using software logic and four sensors, and switches to autonomous driving if the driver is distracted.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Key Segments of Automotive Active Health Monitoring Systems Industry Research
By System Location :
- Driver’s Seat
By Component :
- Other Components
By Application :
- Pulse Rate
- Blood Sugar Level
- Blood Pressure
- Other Applications
By End Use :
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & China
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
The global automotive active health monitoring systems market is valued at US$ 500 million in 2023.
Global demand for automotive active health monitoring systems is anticipated to surge at CAGR of 30.2% from 2023 to 2033.
The market for automotive active health monitoring systems is projected to touch US$ 7 billion by 2033.
Faurecia, Acellent Technologies, Inc, Hoana Medical, FLEX LTD, Parker Hannifin Corp, KritiKal Solutions Inc, and Plessey Semiconductor are leading players in the global market.