Automotive Brake Caliper Market
Automotive Brake Caliper Market Analysis, By Product Type (Fixed, Sliding), By Vehicle (PCVs, LCVs, HCVs), By Piston Material (Aluminium, Steel, Titanium, Phenolics), By Sales Channel (Aftermarket, OEMs), and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Automotive Brake Caliper Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Automotive Brake Caliper Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
The global automotive brake caliper market is valued at US$ 9.3 billion in 2023 and is forecasted to secure a revenue of US$ 13 billion by the end of 2033. Worldwide automotive brake caliper sales are predicted to rise at 3.4% CAGR over the next ten years.
An automotive brake caliper is an automotive component that houses brake pads and influentially controls brake performance. The component also houses brake pistons, shims, locking bolts, etc. The caliper houses the mechanism that pushes automotive brake pads against the brake rotor to stop the vehicle.
Rising automotive production and surging sales of vehicles around the world are predicted to bolster demand for brake components such as automotive brake pads, automotive brake shoes, brake boosters, automotive brake rotors, etc., through 2033. Flourishing demand for aftermarket automotive components is also expected to provide new opportunities for new as well as established car caliper suppliers going forward.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for around 45% share of the global market in 2023.
Increasing disposable income, advancements in braking technology, rising focus on sustainability, growing consumer demand for advanced brake calipers, and the deployment of smart braking solutions such as ABS (anti-lock braking systems) in modern vehicles are other prospects that could augment automotive brake caliper sales going forward.
Rapidly rising popularity of electric vehicles and growing demand for lightweight automotive brake components for these cars are projected to open up new avenues of opportunity for automotive brake caliper manufacturers in the future. The advent of autonomous vehicle fleets and connected vehicle fleets has resulted in high demand for autonomous braking systems, which could further promulgate shipments of automotive brake calipers over the coming years.
Implementation of strict vehicle safety regulations and growing demand for zero-emission vehicles are also expected to influence shipments of car brake disc calipers over the next ten years. On the contrary, the high cost of replacements associated with car brake calipers is predicted to be a major restriction for market development over the decade.
Automotive Brake Caliper Market Size (2023)
US$ 9.3 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 13 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Market Share of Fixed Automotive Brake Calipers (2022)
Asia Pacific Market Share (2023)
Demand for Sliding Automotive Brake Calipers (2023 to 2033)
Key Companies Profiled
How are New Companies Reconstructing the Brake Calipers Space?
“Start-ups Focusing on Development of Advanced Brake Systems”
Aspiring automotive brake manufacturers are investing in the development and launch of novel automotive brake components and systems. New companies also have a chance to excel while innovating in the sustainability space.
- Orbis Brakes, a new company, is pioneering novel braking technologies while collaborating with NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration). The company also debuted its revolutionary concept of rotor-less brakes called FutureWave in 2023 to deliver clean and light braking performance. The brakes developed by this company are 50% lighter than conventional brakes and made from sustainable materials.
More new developments by start-ups and how they augment product standards and pricing trends have been explained in this newly revised automotive brake caliper market research analysis by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
What Makes Japan a Remunerative Market for Automotive Brake Caliper Suppliers?
“Presence of Key Automotive Manufacturers Driving Automotive Brake Caliper Sales”
Japanese car manufacturers such as Honda, Suzuki, Nissan, Toyota, etc. are leading automotive giants in the world and this makes Japan a crucial market for all kinds of automotive components. Increasing automotive production, rising sales of passenger cars, and surging demand for advanced braking systems are other factors that are projected to uplift sales of automotive brake calipers in the country over the next ten years.
Which Key Trend Will Sculpt Future Automotive Brake Caliper Demand in Europe?
“Rising Popularity of Electric Vehicles to Alter Demand Outlook”
European countries have been investing in sustainable reforms long before climate change became an imminent threat to humanity. To obtain sustainability in mobility, European countries have seen quick adoption of electric vehicles and this trend is projected to influentially shape the demand for automotive brake calipers in the future.
Brake components for electric vehicles need to be lightweight and have better stopping performance as compared to traditional vehicle brakes. Increasing demand for brake components for EVs is expected to spawn investments in R&D and create new opportunities in the global marketplace.
Moreover, the rising number of high net-worth individuals is also expected to boost sales of luxury vehicles and bolster demand for advanced car brake disc calipers across the forecast period.
The presence of key luxury automakers such as BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc., and a robust automotive manufacturing infrastructure in Europe are expected to boost demand for automotive brake discs, brake rotors, automotive brake boosters, etc. Increasing investments in automotive component research and development are also expected to benefit market growth over the next ten years in European countries such as Italy, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
Why Should Automotive Brake Caliper Companies Invest in the United States?
“Surging Sales of Luxury Cars to Boost Demand for Automotive Brake Components”
The United States is a highly attractive market for automotive manufacturers owing to rising sales of vehicles and growing automotive production. The implementation of stringent vehicle and road safety norms in the country is also expected to promote the sales of advanced automotive braking systems and components such as lightweight car brake calipers, brake rotors, brake boosters, etc.
Automotive component manufacturers in the United States are focusing on improving their services and expanding their business scope. Companies are also opting for remanufacturing to increase achieve their sustainability goals and improve their image in the marketplace.
- In January 2023, Meritor, an American automotive component manufacturer, announced the extension of warranty on its remanufactured brake calipers to two years without a limit on the range.
- In 2020, Motorcar Parts of America Inc., a leading provider of aftermarket components, announced that remanufacturing operations of brake calipers had started at its facilities located in Tijuana, Mexico. The company had plans to expand its operations through this new facility.
Increasing disposable income, changing consumer preferences, and a rising number of premium car launches are driving the sales of luxury cars in the country and thus, augmenting automotive brake caliper demand as well.
Which Type of Vehicle Accounts for Automotive Brake Caliper Sales?
“Surging Sales of Passenger Vehicles to Uplift Market Growth”
Based on vehicle type, the market for automotive brake calipers is segmented into passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
A substantial amount of automotive brake caliper sales are expected to be governed by passenger car vehicles (PCVs) across the forecast period and beyond. Increasing sales of passenger cars owing to changing standards of living and rising per capita disposable income is anticipated to notably augment market development going forward. Emerging economies such as India, China, and Brazil are projected to be key markets for passenger vehicles in the long run.
A more comprehensive account of all trends influencing supply chain management, local supply, global demand, etc., has been mentioned exclusively in this revised Fact.MR research report.
Leading automotive brake caliper manufacturers are making efforts to reduce the weight of their products and make them more sustainability-compliant to meet the changing regulatory standards and evolving consumer preferences.
- In November 2022, Continental AG, a German automotive component manufacturer, unveiled that it was focusing on the advancement of its Green Caliper brakes for electric vehicle applications. These new brake calipers are significantly lighter than conventional calipers and have a lower residual brake torque.
- In January 2020, Comline, a leading aftermarket part supplier, announced the addition of high-quality brake calipers to their existing award-winning friction portfolio. The new calipers were launched with a comprehensive 2-year warranty and were compatible with all Japanese, Korean, and European vehicles.
Established automotive brake caliper manufacturers are also focusing on innovation to create new and advanced braking technologies and automotive brake components that are compliant with electric vehicles (EVs).
- Brembo, a leading manufacturer of automotive braking systems based in Italy, announced that it would be launching a new intelligent braking system in 2024. Sensify is expected to be the first of its kind active-braking system that will be able to operate independently on all four vehicle wheels. The company is also in talks with a premium car manufacturer to supply Sensify brake systems and components.
- In September 2022, Knorr-Bremse AG, a German manufacturer of braking systems for automotive and rail applications, unveiled a new Active Caliper Release (ACR) at the Automechanika 2022 show in Germany. This will work with the new pneumatic Synact® disc brake provided by the company.
Automotive Brake Caliper Industry Research Segmentation
By Vehicle :
By Product Type :
By Piston Material :
By Sales Channel :
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global automotive brake caliper market stands at US$ 9.3 billion in 2023.
Sales of automotive brake calipers are set to secure a revenue of US$ 13 billion by 2033-end.
Worldwide automotive brake caliper demand is predicted to rise at 3.4% CAGR over the next ten years
Growing focus on vehicle safety, rising automotive production, and increasing sales of vehicles are key market drivers.
Continental AG, Mando Corp., ZF Friedrichshafen, Apec Braking, Budweg, and WABCO are leading automotive brake caliper manufacturers.