Seismic Support Vessels Market – Overview
Seismic support vessels possess an excellent competency to pinpoint the best-suited area for oil drilling and underpin the process of oil and gas evacuation in oceans and high seas. Numerous players operating in the oil and gas business have been employing these vessels to draw a large quantity of oil and meet the rising demand for fuel, which is predicted to deliver optimistic growth opportunities to seismic support vessels market. High risk of making gaffes by drilling off-target areas could hamper the natural eco-system of marine life, which in turn is predicted to bode well for the growth of the seismic support vessels market.
Adoption of seismic support vessels is also witnessed for carrying out a meticulous study on the formation of underwater rocks, trenches, and similar significant details which could prevent the occurrence of any underwater catastrophe. This is expected to popularize them as research vessels and the seismic support vessels market is anticipated to mark an upward growth trajectory in the forthcoming years.
Seismic Support Vessels Market – Novel Developments
Significant players operating in the seismic support vessels market include Ulstein Group ASA, Sanco Shipping AS, Salt Ship Design, Swire Pacific Offshore Operations (Pte) Ltd, Cemre Shipyard, Rederji Groen, Naval Dynamics, Damen Shipyards Group, and Tananger Offshore AS. Mergers and acquisitions, new product launch, and feature enhancements have been the primary strategy of the players to secure their position in the seismic support vessels market.
- Recently, Bourbon Offshore in collaboration with Bureau Veritas and Kongsberg Maritime conducted remote testing of an application capable of remote surveying of Dynamic Systems (DP systems), which fetches valuable intelligence actively from the control systems of the ships and transmits it to the auditors through a secured cloud infrastructure. The newly developed application is expected to bring in automation to the survey process and offer continuous monitoring.
- GC Rieber Shipping has negotiated the agreements for early delivery of Ernest Shackleton, an icebreaking research vessel, from British Antartic Survey. On closure of this agreement, Rieber anticipates a positive cash in-flow by employing the vessel before the expected period.
- In 2018, France’ CGG delivered Geowave Voyager to SeaBird Exploration, a key seismic support vessels market player, which is equipped with 40 Km streamer and is renamed as Eagle Explorer. The companies have entered into a 160-day agreement for the operation of this vessel as source vessel.
Seismic Support Vessels Market – Dynamics
Adoption of Seismic Support Vessels to Remain High with the Escalating Demand for Natural Gas
In recent times, the offshore industry has expanded, which has generated a notable demand for the seismic support vessels for the detection of the suitable subareas for oil drilling activities. In addition, with the rising concerns pertaining to the adverse effects of petroleum fuel on the environment, end-users have been gravitating towards natural gas for their fuel needs. This has encouraged the offshore industries to intensify their efforts for excavating natural gas and secure a signification position in the market, which has only propelled the construction of numerous regasification and liquefaction terminals. Considering the burgeoning demand for natural gas, seismic support vessels market can be expected to grow at an impressive pace.
Revenue of Seismic Support Vessels Market to Grow from the Enhanced Defense Budget
With the concerns apropos of the national security, several countries across the world have increased their defense budget, which is anticipated to act as a catalyst to the growth of the seismic support vessels. Recognizing the purview and lucrativeness that the defense industry provides, manufacturers operating in the seismic support vessels market are rigorously converging technology with these research vessels to offer superior features such as large work deck, reduced noise, high functionality, fuel consumption, and increased accommodation capacity for ensuring precise geological survey even in adverse weather conditions. This is predicted to deliver sustained growth opportunities to the seismic support vessels market in the upcoming years.
For more insights, request sample of this report.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Seismic Support Vessels Market: Regional Overview
In terms of the geographical reach of the seismic support vessels market, it can be said that economies with longer coastlines are expected to have a larger market share. South East Asia & Pacific and China are expected to remain the most attractive regions in the global seismic support vessels market. These regions register high demand for seismic support vessels, which is driven by the demand from the offshore oil & gas industry. However, in terms of production, Europe and North America are expected to hold prominent shares in the seismic support vessels market due to the high demand of these vessels in geological survey and defense sectors. Moreover, Latin America is also estimated to grow with a significant growth rate over the forecast period, owing to improvements in the logistic and marine industry in the region.
Seismic Support Vessels Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global seismic support vessels market include,
- Tananger Offshore AS
- Damen Shipyards Group
- Naval Dynamics
- Rederij Groen
- Cemre Shipyard
- Swire Pacific Offshore Operations (Pte) Ltd
- Salt Ship Design
- Sanco Shipping AS
- Ulstein Group ASA
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Interested to Procure The Data
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
For more insights, request sample of this report.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Seismic Support Vessels Market: Segmentation
The seismic support vessels market can be segmented on the basis of dimension (length) and application.
On the basis of dimension (length), the seismic support vessels market can be segmented as:
- Medium (less than 40 m)
- Large (\Between 40m – 70m)
- Very large (Greater than 70m)
On the basis of applications, the seismic support vessels market can be segmented as:
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Geological Survey
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.