Tamanu oil, derived from nuts of Tamanu tree (Calophyllum inophyllum), are growing in popularity for its numerous benefits to skin health. Owing to its antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, tamanu oil is considered to promote the formation of new tissues, rejuvenate skin cells, accelerate wound healing, and protect the skin from heat and sunburn. Main constituents of the tamanu oil include oleic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic acid, and stearic acid, of which oleic acid and linoleic acid comprise 60% by volume. Rise in consumer inclination towards traditional medicines and natural remedies for skin and hair is likely to influence the development of tamanu oil market.
Tamanu Oil Market – Notable Developments
US Organic Group Corp., Cammile Q, Now Health Food LLC, Gramme Products, Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH, and Mountain Rose Herbs are among the key players operating in the tamanu oil market.
- In 2016, Mountain Rose Herbs, a leading player in the tamanu oil market, diverted 90% of the company waste, and was awarded ‘Platinum Zero Waste Facility Certification’ by GBCI, a premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business.
- In June 2016, Cammile Q announced the launch of a new Aloe Vera oil for skin and hair, a new line of its high-quality natural products on Amazon. The company had launched new pure tamanu oil in July 2014, an addition to its line of natural skin care products.
Tamanu Oil Market Dynamics
Tamanu Oil Sales to Surge as Studies Support its Beneficial Effects
Tamanu oil is mostly sought-after for its wound healing and antibacterial properties. According to study by US National Library of Medicine – National Institutes of health on ‘The Wound Healing and Antibacterial Activity of Five Ethnomedical Calophyllum inophyllum Oils’, these oils are safe for topical use in infected wounds and skin diseases such as acne. The study also supported the traditional uses of tamanu oil in wound healing process. Surging demand for organic in things along with a gradual increase in awareness regarding natural remedies for skin wellness is likely to promote the growth of tamanu oil market.
In the coming years, sales of tamanu oil will mainly be driven by significant growth in consumer base for organic products coupled with numerous evidence reporting the benefic effects of tamanu oil on biological activity related skin infections. Rising scope of application in pharmaceuticals, cosmetic & personal care products, and toiletries may also influence the global expansion of the tamanu oil market.
Online Stores to Emerge as Lucrative Sales Channel for Tamanu Oil
With rapid penetration of online channels, most emerging brands are targeting e-commerce sites to launch and promote their products. Tamanu oil market players are directing their focus towards online stores to improve their geographic reach, contributing a substantial growth to the market through these channels. Other channels such as drug store, specialty stores, and modern trade will also continue to complement the growth of the tamanu oil market.
Lack of Awareness and Product Visibility to Impede Tamanu Oil Market Growth
Although tamanu oil is gaining momentum for its wide-ranging benefits to skin health, lack of global awareness of such products remains a key challenge to the growth of tamanu oil market. Inadequate understanding of several natural remedies apart from indigenous people have also limited the visibility and exposure of natural products such as tamanu oil, which in turn create a hindrance in the market growth. In addition, information gap among the global population regarding the benefits and effects of tamanu oil is likely to negatively affect the future of tamanu oil market.
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development