Toilet Care Products Market
Toilet Care Products Market By Product Type (Faucet Cleaners, Toilet Floor/Tile Cleaners, Basin Cleaners), By Packaging Type (Bottles, Pouches), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online Retail Stores) & By Region - Global Market Insights 2023-2033
Analysis of Toilet Care Products market covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Toilet Care Products Market Outlook (2023-2033)
Sales of toilet care products are forecasted to increase at 3.4% CAGR over the next ten years to attain a market value of US$ 8.1 billion, up from the current valuation of US$ 5.8 billion.
Focus on health and hygiene has increased in recent years owing to the growing prevalence of infectious and chronic diseases. Poor toilet hygiene could result in infections and diseases, which could create further health complications. To avoid this governments and NGOs across the world are launching new initiatives to promote awareness about the importance of proper toilet hygiene.
Growing availability of novel toilet care products, changing lifestyle standards, increased awareness of hygiene, rising spending on toilet hygiene products, and increasing number of eco-friendly product launches are other aspects that could potentially drive sales of toilet care products such as bathroom cleaners, toilet paper, bathtub cleaners, etc.
However, poor awareness regarding toilet hygiene and the absence of proper toilet infrastructure in several underdeveloped economies are expected to impede market development potential in the long run. A high focus on sustainability and growing demand for eco-friendly products are aspects that are anticipated to open up new avenues of opportunities for toilet care product companies.
Toilet Care Products Market Size (2023)
US$ 5.8 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 8.1 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
Asia Pacific Market Share (2033F)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Which Factors are Augmenting Toilet Care Product Demand?
“Government & Private Initiatives to Improve Awareness about Sanitation”
Governments and non-profit organizations are launching new initiatives to boost awareness of health and hygiene to reduce public health risks. These initiatives focus on educating people on the importance of clean toilets in rural as well as urban communities.
- In November 2022, The National Environment Agency (NEA), a board under the Singaporean government announced the launch of its Clean Public Toilets Campaign 2022. The campaign was expected to urge people to adopt the behavior of “Flush, Clean, Bin, Dry” to eliminate the risk of encountering public toilet horrors.
Such initiatives by governments and NGOs are expected to promote shipments of toilet care products over the next ten years and create new opportunities for established as well as new market players.
“High Incidence of Chronic Diseases and Growing Focus on Hygiene”
The world has witnessed a notable increase in the incidence of chronic diseases and this has led to an increased focus on health and hygiene to contain the risk of infection among the general population. Efforts by governments to reduce the risk of toilet-borne infections and diseases have increased noticeably in recent years and this is projected to benefit market development in the future.
Growing awareness about sanitation in women, the establishment of proper public toilet facilities, and increasing spending on toilet care products are other aspects that are forecasted to influence market evolution through 2033.
An extensively detailed account of all the prime drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities has been discussed in this recently updated toilet care products research survey by Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
What Impact are Start-ups Having on the Competitive Landscape?
“New Toilet Care Product Companies Intensifying Competition by Developing & Launching Innovative Products”
Upcoming toilet care product brands are focusing on innovative and novel technologies that could alter the market trajectory in an extremely influential manner and help them establish a spot for themselves in the global industry landscape. Aspiring toilet care product start-ups are also focusing on raising new capital to help them expand their business scope and compete on a global level.
- In January 2022, Casana, a technology start-up redefining healthcare via health monitoring bagged US$ 30 million and was expected to use these funds to develop a novel toilet seat that is capable of monitoring your vitals.
- In August 2022, The Good Roll, a new company founded in 2018 announced that it had raised around US$ 829000 on the CrowdAboutNow platform in a crowdfunding campaign that was launched with a goal of around US$ 1.06 million. The company was expected to use this new capital to expand its team and boost marketing efforts.
- In February 2022, Cloud Paper Inc., a start-up providing bamboo-based sustainable toilet paper raised US$ 5 million from Presight Capital, Bezos Expeditions, Soundwaves, and TIME Ventures. The company intended to use these new funds to expand its product portfolio and capitalize on its impressive start-studded investment portfolio.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which is the Most Lucrative Market in North America?
“United States Offers Highly Attractive Business Scope”
High consumer spending potential and increasing awareness about toilet hygiene are the key prospects that are anticipated to drive shipments of toilet care products in the United States across the forecast period. The rising number of product launches, the presence of well-established retail infrastructure, and growing awareness regarding toilet-borne infections and diseases are other factors that could potentially govern market growth in the country going forward.
Which Countries Should Toilet Care Product Suppliers Target in Asia Pacific?
“India, China, and Japan to Be Prime Markets in APAC”
Sales of toilet care products in the Asia Pacific region are anticipated to account for a dominant market share by the end of the forecast period. Rising disposable income and increasing awareness regarding health and hygiene are prime factors that are predicted to boost sales of toilet accessories in this region over the next ten years. India and China are anticipated to be the key markets in this region owing to their rapidly increasing population and the launch of supportive government initiatives to promote awareness of health and hygiene.
Demand for toilet care products in Japan is also expected to shine bright over the coming years owing to cleanliness being an essential part of Japanese culture and a high emphasis on hygiene.
- As per a survey conducted in March 2021 by Statista, around 40% of Japanese people reported that they cleaned their toilets at least once or twice per week.
What Market Trends are Shaping Toilet Care Product Demand in European Countries?
“High Demand for Eco-friendly Products and Growing Focus on Hygiene”
Sustainability is a prime trend that is projected to influence the demand for toilet care products in almost all European countries over the coming years. Supportive government initiatives to promote the use of eco-friendly products, increasing availability of sustainable toilet care products, and the willingness of consumers to spend on hygiene products are other aspects that are slated to uplift toilet care product shipments in European counties such as France, Germany, Italy, and the United Kingdom.
Which Distribution Channel Accounts for High Sales of Toilet Accessories?
“Hypermarkets & Supermarkets Projected to Lead Toilet Care Product Shipments”
Based on distribution channel, the market for toilet care products is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, online retail stores, and other channels.
A majority of toilet care product sales are anticipated to emerge from hypermarkets and supermarkets over the coming years and this can be ascribed to the rising establishment of new retail outlets across the world. Rising per capita disposable income and increasing purchasing power of the general population in developing economies are other factors that are slated to bolster revenue generation through supermarkets and hypermarkets over the coming years.
These channels are also anticipated to witness a hike in sales of shower care products, toilet accessories, and kitchen cleaning products as well.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Major toilet care product manufacturers are focusing on launching new products to expand their sales potential and bolster revenue generation capacity.
- In December 2022, Zero Co, an Australian home care and personal care product provider, announced the launch of its first toilet paper product that is made from 100% recycled paper and is as per the company’s goal to eliminate the use of single-use plastic.
- In December 2022, The Cheeky Panda, a company offering sustainable tissue alternatives announced the launch of its new naturally colored Bamboo toilet tissue. The company launched the product in response to consumer demands.
- In July 2022, Reckitt, a global health and hygiene product manufacturer announced its entry int006F the drain cleaning segment in the Indian market with the launch of Harpic Drain Xpert. The product is an effective solution to help clear clogging occurrences in bathroom and kitchen drainpipes.
Key Segments of Toilet Care Products Industry Research
By Product Type :
- Toilet Floor/Tile Cleaners
- Faucet Cleaners
- Basin Cleaners
- Bath Tub Cleaners
- Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaners
- Toilet Paper
- Other Products
By Packaging Type :
By Distribution Channel :
- Convenience Stores
- Online Retail Stores
- Other Channels
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global toilet care products market accounts for a revenue of US$ 5.8 billion in 2023.
By 2033-end, worldwide sales of toilet care products are forecasted to reach US$ 8.1 billion.
Shipments of toilet care products are set to rise at 3.4% CAGR through 2033.
High availability of sustainable products and rising awareness about toilet hygiene are prime factors driving market growth.
Procter & Gamble Company, Church & Dwight, Dainihon Jochugiku, and Nice Group are leading manufacturers of toilet care products.