Citicoline Market – Key Insights
- The citicoline market registered a healthy CAGR of over 7% during the 2013-2017 period on the back of a rapid rise in the geriatric population around the world.
- The citicoline market was valued at over US$ 530 million in 2018 and is expected to witness substantial Y-o-Y growth of 8% in 2019.
- North America is expected to account for the leading share in citicoline market owing to the presence of numerous players along with availability of modern and sophisticated infrastructure.
- Latin America is expected to emerge as a high growth market during the 2018-2028 period with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease incidences in the region increasing at a brisk pace relative to other regions.
What are the Factors Spearheading the Growth of Citicoline Market?
- Stressful lifestyles, increasing competition, long working hours, sleep deficiency, and growing geriatric population are fuelling demand for nutraceuticals that enhance cognitive functions. Citicoline is finding increasing usage in nutraceuticals production owing to its negligible toxicity and neuroprotective properties.
- Citicoline induces the formation of phospholipids in the brain that are required for efficient functioning of the neural pathways. With incidences of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurological disorders on the rise, governments around the world are providing pharmaceutical companies extended support towards the research and development of drugs that could effectively address these issues. Efforts to study citicoline’s efficacy in prevention and potential recovery from cognitive dysfunctioning are gaining momentum.
- Citicoline’s potential use in preventing and improving visual capabilities is expected to create steady opportunities for stakeholders. Numerous studies researching the use citicoline in preventing neurodegenerative deterioration of the retina are underway. Role of citicoline in preventing conditions such as diabetes-induced retinal neurodegradation, glaucoma, and amblyopia are being investigated.
- Intensifying research towards the use of citicoline in the treatment for addictive disorders is emerging as another opportunity avenue. Studies suggest that citicoline has a significant influence on the dopamine, glutamate, and acetylcholine production in the brain which can potentially be leveraged to treat various symptoms of addiction disorder such as craving, withdrawal symptoms, and impaired cognitive functioning. Additionally, numerous researches suggest the chemical compound can arguably be used to extenuate the neurotoxic effects of drugs and other substances.
- Research on increasing the efficacy of citicoline by using it in combination with other chemical compounds is underway. Market players are increasingly investing in the R&D of drugs based on different citicoline combinations to capitalize on the growing demand for neuroprotective drugs for the prevention of diseases such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurological disorders.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Challenges Stifling Citicoline Market Growth?
- While citicoline is beneficial for enhancing cognitive functioning and treating cerebral impairments, its use in the long-term can potentially have side-effects such as gastrointestinal problems, transient headaches, bradycardia, hypotension, tachycardia, insomnia, and fluctuations in blood pressures. The factor is likely to hamper citicoline market growth during the forecast period as companies continue to research the long-term impact of using citicoline on patients’ body.
- Research towards the development of drugs to effectively treat dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurological disorders is gaining strength with the healthcare industry widening the scope of substances that can be potentially used for countering the disorders. The availability of more feasible medicines can curtail the opportunities of citicoline market players in the treatment of neurological disorders.
Citicoline Market – Competitive Landscape
- In order to capitalize on the growing demand for citicoline in functional foods, Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd., a leading player in the citicoline market, launched two new citicoline powdered supplements and citicoline capsules in 2018.
- Intensifying clinical trials for citicoline’s potential use in the treatment of neurological diseases received a substantial boost after research suggested that using the compound with risperidone could effectively relieve primary negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
- The pervasive trend of combining citicoline with other compounds to enhance its efficacy continues to drive the citicoline market growth with a study published in 2018 concluding that a combination of citicoline and docosahexaenoic acid exhibit synergistic activities which can substantially boost recovery after transient brain ischemia.
Some of the leading players operating in the citicoline market include Alfa Aesar, Cepham, Inc., EZ Melts, HL-Pharma US, Double Wood LLC, Instas Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Jarrow Formulas, Inc., Kimia Biosciences, Rakshit Drugs Pvt., Ltd., Relentless Improvement LLC, Swanson, Wellona Pharma Private Limited, Healthy Origins, Biochemix Healthcare Pvt., Ltd., Merck KGaA, Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A., Piping Rock Health Products, LLC, and NuerAxon Pharma Inc.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Retail Pharmacy Remains a Lucrative Distribution Channel
Increasing consumer awareness about citicoline-based medication and supplements coupled with the trend of retail pharmacy store owners maintaining a diverse portfolio of similar drugs is estimated to prove vital to citicoline market growth with the distribution channel expected to hold a significant share of the citicoline market revenue.
Advancements in tablet manufacturing and intensifying research and development focused towards developing tablets with a combination of citicoline and other compounds to study their synergistic effects on various neurological diseases is a vital reason expected to uphold demand for tablets in the market.
Other sales channel such as hospital pharmacy, online channels, specialty stores, and hypermarket and conventional retail systems are also likely to see a rise in the demand for citicoline-based supplements and products.
Growing consumer demand for citicoline-based drugs and supplements is prompting manufacturers in the citicoline market to introduce them in various forms such as powders and capsules.
Scope of the Report
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
The report on citicoline market is a consequence of an elaborate and robust methodology. A two-step process involving primary and secondary researchers was used to obtain in-depth and actionable insights into the citicoline market.
Primary research involved interviewing seasoned experts from the citicoline market while secondary research was conducted by thoroughly studying company press releases, paid sources, trade journals, and other publications pertaining to the citicoline market. Results from both the research steps were triangulated in order to produce an authentic and accurate forecast of the citicoline market.
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
A recent report released by Fact.MR provides detailed and actionable insights into the citicoline market. The report provides a comprehensive assessment of all the key market factors influencing the citicoline market performance. Additionally, a list of all the vital macro and microeconomic facets impacting the growth of the citicoline market have been analyzed in the report.
Both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the identified factors has been provided. A detailed opportunity assessment of the citicoline market has also been provided in the report. The report also provides a detailed assessment of the competitive landscape prevalent in the citicoline market.
Chapter 1 – Executive Summary
The report on citicoline market commences with an executive summary which provides brief yet affluent information about the citicoline market. The chapter sheds light on the global market outlook in addition to providing a detailed analysis of all the megatrends prevalent in the market. A detailed opportunity assessment along with exclusive recommendations from Fact.MR analysts have also been included in the report.
Chapter 2 – Market Overview
A concrete definition of the citicoline market in addition to a detailed taxonomy of the market has been provided in this chapter. The detailed segmentation of the citicoline market is provided to help readers develop a holistic understanding of the market.
Chapter 3 – Key Market Trends
The chapter provides a detailed analysis of all the key trends influencing the growth of the citicoline market. Additionally, the trends have been categorized on the basis of business, products, and end-use applications to help readers gain a wholesome understanding of the citicoline market.
Chapter 4 – Dynamic & Key Success Factors
A comprehensive analysis of all the key market dynamics including restraints, challenges, drivers, and threats have been provided in the chapter. In addition to this, a complete review of the regulatory guidelines on the production of the compound for drugs and health supplements has been provided in the chapter. The chapter also analyzes the different promotional strategies applied by manufacturers in the citicoline market to consolidate their position and boost sales.
Chapter 5 – Global Citicoline Market Background
The chapter commences with an overview of the global economy. The ensuing segments of the chapter provide a detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical and chemical industry and assess its impact on the citicoline market. In addition to this, a detailed overview of the healthcare industry and expenditure has been provided in the chapter.
Further, a comprehensive assessment of the value chain and other macroeconomic factors impacting the citicoline market growth have been provided. The chapter also lists the various forecast factors and their relevance in the prediction of the citicoline market performance. A comprehensive analysis of market positioning on the basis of regions has been included in the chapter.
Chapter 6 – Global Citicoline Market Pricing Analysis
A comprehensive assessment of the prices of different citicoline product forms available in the market has been provided in the chapter. Additionally, the chapter also sheds light on the factors influencing the pricing.
Chapter 7 – Global Citicoline Market Demand (in Value or Size US$ Mn) Analysis 2013-2017 and Forecast, 2018-2028
The chapter commences with a brief overview of the global citicoline market and provides a detailed breakdown of the market on the basis of region, indication, product form, and sales channel.
Chapter 8 – North America Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
A detailed analysis of the citicoline market prevalent in the North American region has been provided in the chapter. The chapter provides a comprehensive assessment of the market on the basis of region, product form, and distribution channel.
Chapter 9 – Latin America Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
The chapter provides detailed information and analysis of the citicoline market existent in the Latin American region. It also provides a detailed market attractiveness analysis based on region, distribution channel, and product form.
Chapter 10 - Europe Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
A comprehensive assessment of key trends influencing the performance of the citicoline market in Europe has been provided in the chapter. In addition to this, a detailed analysis and forecast of the citicoline market performance have been provided.
Chapter 11 – East Asia Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
Commencing with a brief overview of the citicoline market prevalent in East Asia, the chapter provides a detailed historical analysis of the citicoline market performance along with a forecast of the market growth on the basis of region, product form, and distribution channel.
Chapter 12 – South Asia Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
The chapter provides a detailed assessment of the citicoline market prevalent in South Asia. A comprehensive historical analysis in addition to a detailed forecast of the citicoline market performance has been provided in the chapter.
Chapter 13 – Oceania Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
A detailed assessment of the citicoline market prevalent in Oceania has been provided in the chapter. The chapter provides actionable insights into the citicoline market performance in the region on the basis of countries, product form, and distribution channel. It includes a historical analysis of the market as well as an authentic forecast of the citicoline market growth.
Chapter 14 – Middle East & Africa Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
A comprehensive assessment of the citicoline market prevalent in Middle East & Africa has been provided in the chapter. The chapter provides a detailed historical analysis of the market along with an authentic and accurate forecast of the market performance.
Chapter 15 – Emerging Countries Citicoline Market Analysis, 2013-2028
The chapter identifies all the countries where citicoline market is gradually gaining momentum and analyzes all the factors influencing the market performance in the countries. Additionally, the chapter provides a historical analysis of the citicoline market on the basis of each country and provides a forecast of the market growth.
Chapter 16 – Citicoline Market Structure Analysis
A detailed assessment of the competitive landscape prevalent in the citicoline market has been provided in the chapter. The chapter provides valuable information about the distribution of revenue share among the different tier companies operating in the citicoline market. All the leading players operating in the citicoline market are identified in the chapter.
Chapter 17 – Citicoline Market Company Portfolio
All the leading players identified in the previous chapter have been profiled. Detailed profiling of each of the leading players operating in the citicoline market sheds light on their product portfolios, market presence, global footprint, revenue share, strengths, weaknesses, strategies, and notable business development.
The information provided in the chapter can be leveraged by business professionals and stakeholders in the citicoline market to streamline their strategies to gain maximum profitability from the ongoing trends in the market.
Additionally, the information also helps new and emerging players to gauge the level of competitiveness prevalent in the market and identify entry barriers into it.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The Rise of Intelligent Packaging
Personalized, Connected and Sustainable
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.